Why I listen to Conservative Talk Radio

Here is the deal. The reason why Fox's ratings are so high is because people on the right like to be told what to think. They need some place to go to think for them. It works out well for them and the ratings prove it.

Sheeple.

In the big picture, it doesnt matter. Look at last november. Fox's rating were still lhigh and yet, somehow the republicans lost.

Over 97% of America do not watch fox, thank god.

Last edited:
Here is the deal. The reason why Fox's ratings are so high is because people on the right like to be told what to think. They need some place to go to think for them. It works out well for them and the ratings prove it.

Sheeple.

In the big picture, it doesnt matter. Look at last november. Fox's rating were still lhigh and yet, somehow the republicans lost.

And readership and viewership of all the leftist state controlled media from the NY Times to MSMBS are losing viewers at even a faster rate than the growth of Fox News.

Thank God for that. People are waking up.

i thought people listened to conservative talk radio beacuse they were incapable of independent thought and felt it easier to have their opinions given to them

No, that would be the reason people watch MSNBC. And Bill Maher. And The Daily Show. And the Colbert Report. And read Huffington Post. And DailyKos. And the New York Times.

You know The Daily Show and the Colbert Report are comedy shows, right?

I know that's the excuse they give whenever someone tries to take them to task about their political views.

No, that would be the reason people watch MSNBC. And Bill Maher. And The Daily Show. And the Colbert Report. And read Huffington Post. And DailyKos. And the New York Times.

You know The Daily Show and the Colbert Report are comedy shows, right?

I know that's the excuse they give whenever someone tries to take them to task about their political views.
You know the shows are on Comedy Central, right?

I like to listen to conservative radio to find out the plans of the enemies of America.

Then of course, there is the entertainment value of "Who could possibly be stupid enough to believe this crap?" Then I say, "Oh, that's right. I already know."

Last edited by a moderator:
Like those veterans that Napolitano expressed concern for while allowing real terrorists to have visas and fly all over? The voters will let the dems know who they consider enemies of the US.

Like those veterans that Napolitano expressed concern for while allowing real terrorists to have visas and fly all over? The voters will let the dems know who they consider enemies of the US.

Ya an don't forget how Napoleonto got warned before 9/11 and told the stupid CIA guys that they had covered thier asses.

It seems to be a favorite ploy of those on the left to think that the only reason conservative talk radio is successful is because conservatives want to be told what to think. Well, conservatives know better than that. But the liberals seem to think they are in the majority so how come they aren't listening to all those liberal commentators that (cough) aren't telling them what to think and making them more successful than the conservative programs?

Hmmm?

It seems to be a favorite ploy of those on the left to think that the only reason conservative talk radio is successful is because conservatives want to be told what to think. Well, conservatives know better than that. But the liberals seem to think they are in the majority so how come they aren't listening to all those liberal commentators that (cough) aren't telling them what to think and making them more successful than the conservative programs?

Hmmm?

I'll try to explain it one more time, even though I suspect "it won't take" this time either.

The majority audience of conservative radio are Republicans. A political party of mostly one race, one religion, and a single level of education (not much).

That's the reality.

The Democratic party is made up of a wide coalition of groups from different races, different religions, gays, immigrants, highly educated and barely educated. It's no surprise that they would have much broader and different interests when it comes to listening to the radio.

Is that just too difficult to understand? mmmmm?

Hmmm?

I'll try to explain it one more time, even though I suspect "it won't take" this time either.

The majority audience of conservative radio are Republicans. A political party of mostly one race, one religion, and a single level of education (not much).

That's the reality.

The Democratic party is made up of a wide coalition of groups from different races, different religions, gays, immigrants, highly educated and barely educated. It's no surprise that they would have much broader and different interests when it comes to listening to the radio.

Assumes one is honestly trying to understand....as in making a failing attempt in good faith. Fundi neo cons make no such effort. They are used to resorting to juvenile fantasy to surplant what they cannot easily digest. The bar is set very low.

talk radio has the most simple minded and ridiculous crap. I tried quite a few times, but hannity/limbaugh etc are complete jokes. there are many other sources of real conservative information and thought that many voters would actually benefit from.

Hmmm?

That's the reality.

Oh I understand that you're likely talking out of your hat or possibly from some talking points script. Do you do that often? People with college and graduate degrees is a large demographic of conservative talk radio and certainly on a par with national averages. Also it is the successful, prosperous, and competent from all sociopolitical groups that make make up the lion’s share of news/talk radio audiences, most especially conservative talk radio audiences.

Based on recent Pew Research:

A poll from the Pew Research Center for the People and the Press casts more doubt on the wisdom of the Democrats' coordinated strategy to tie elected Republicans to radio talk show host Rush Limbaugh. When it comes to American political knowledge, Limbaugh's audience is better informed than those of most mainstream media news outlets.
Limbaugh's Audience Better Informed Than Those Of Most Media Outlets -- Politics Daily

And here’s the demographics for the Rush Limbaugh website. While other conservative talk radio cannot rival his audience base, the demographics of those who listen in on those programs are very similar and it is instructive who goes to the website to follow up the radio program. (Hint for those too lazy to check the link: the large majority have bachelors or graduate degrees.

rushlimbaugh.com - Quantcast Audience Profile

I know some of my conservative friends try to sound ‘cool’ by bashing Limbaugh and calling him names. I suspect, however, that those who are better informed are actually listening in now and then to either him or other similar conservative programming.

He doesn’t always get it right, but I defy anybody with half a brain or anywhere near normal intelligence to fail to learn at least some useful information when some time is spent listening to his program or others like him.

Sheeple.

Considering the fact that conservatives are more likely than liberals to read opposing viewpoints, I'd say you're mistaken. I think FOX maintains such a big audience because a lot of people see them as a respite from all the Republican-bashing, conservative-hating commentary from other sources. Not only that, but there have been several instances where FOX was more on point with emerging stories than, say, MSNBC (Van Jones, ACORN, the Iranian protests, etc.). FOX isn't all talking points all the time, and even if it were, there's a better than average chance most conservatives are aware of the liberal view than vice versa.

Hmmm?

That's the reality.

Oh I understand that you're likely talking out of your hat or possibly from some talking points script. Do you do that often? People with college and graduate degrees is a large demographic of conservative talk radio and certainly on a par with national averages. Also it is the successful, prosperous, and competent from all sociopolitical groups that make make up the lion’s share of news/talk radio audiences, most especially conservative talk radio audiences.

A poll from the Pew Research Center for the People and the Press casts more doubt on the wisdom of the Democrats' coordinated strategy to tie elected Republicans to radio talk show host Rush Limbaugh. When it comes to American political knowledge, Limbaugh's audience is better informed than those of most mainstream media news outlets.
Limbaugh's Audience Better Informed Than Those Of Most Media Outlets -- Politics Daily

And here’s the demographics for the Rush Limbaugh website. While other conservative talk radio cannot rival his audience base, the demographics of those who listen in on those programs are very similar and it is instructive who goes to the website to follow up the radio program. (Hint for those too lazy to check the link: the large majority have bachelors or graduate degrees.

I know some of my conservative friends try to sound ‘cool’ by bashing Limbaugh and calling him names. I suspect, however, that those who are better informed are actually listening in now and then to either him or other similar conservative programming.

He doesn’t always get it right, but I defy anybody with half a brain or anywhere near normal intelligence to fail to learn at least some useful information when some time is spent listening to his program or others like him.

Oh my goodness. You believe in Pew Pols? Good. 'cuz there is one that says only 6% of scientists are Republican. Isn't that a hoot????

528-54.gif

Public Praises Science; Scientists Fault Public, Media: Section 4: Scientists, Politics and Religion - Pew Research Center for the People & the Press

Look at the pathetic contribution to science in this country from Republicans. No wonder they want to replace science with "mysticism".

Sheeple.

Considering the fact that conservatives are more likely than liberals to read opposing viewpoints, I'd say you're mistaken. . . .

I think you're right. Conservatives are not only able to articulate their own point of view far better than most liberals can articulate their own point of view, conservatives are far more likely to accurately articulate the liberals' point of view while most liberals cannot articulate the conservative point of view any better than they can articulate their own.

This is another reason conservative talk radio is so popular. Not only do the hosts do a good job of stating and defending conservative values and principles, they do a good job of stating where the liberals are coming from and why they are liberal.

I have yet to hear a liberal radio talk show host represent both points of view accurately. There have been a few liberal commentators who could: William Raspberry, RIP, was a master at it and I miss him terribly. Michael Kinsley does a good job. Even Maureen Dowd, when she is in a more reflective mood, is able to nail the concepts pretty good. I really appreciate Camille Paglia's point of view much of the time. There are a few others, but they are very rare.

Last edited:

Sheeple.

Considering the fact that conservatives are more likely than liberals to read opposing viewpoints, I'd say you're mistaken. . . .

I think you're right. Conservatives are not only able to articulate their own point of view far better than most liberals can articulate their own point of view, conservatives are far more likely to accurately articulate the liberals' point of view while most liberals cannot articulate the conservative point of view any better than they can articulate their own.

This is another reason conservative talk radio is so popular. Not only do the hosts do a good job of stating and defending conservative values and principles, they do a good job of stating where the liberals are coming from and why they are liberal.

I have yet to hear a conservative radio talk show host represent both points of view accurately. There have been a few liberal commentators who could: William Raspberry, RIP, was a master at it. Michael Kinsley does a good job. Even Maureen Dowd, when she is in a more reflective mood, is able to nail the concepts pretty good.

There is nothing easier than telling lies. Facts have a "liberal bias", which is why so many scientists are Democrats and so few are Republican.

That's the reality.

Oh my goodness. You believe in Pew Pols? Good. 'cuz there is one that says only 6% of scientists are Republican. Isn't that a hoot????

528-54.gif

Public Praises Science; Scientists Fault Public, Media: Section 4: Scientists, Politics and Religion - Pew Research Center for the People & the Press

Look at the pathetic contribution to science in this country from Republicans. No wonder they want to replace science with "mysticism".

Come on Republicans. Look how few Republicans are scientists. If you guys had a little more sense, you would be ashamed. Shame on you for not being embarrassed.

So what about those "degrees". You know the numbers are inflated because of all the degrees passed out by those crappy Christian Tier Four colleges. Come on. A "degree" in Bible study? WTF???? A degree in "memorizing"???? How is that "higher" education?

Tsk tsk. Some liberals apparently also can't tell the difference between a poll related to global warming or scientists' political affiliation and a poll related to who listens to conservative talk radio. I guess Pew was right that those who listen to conservative talk radio are better informed than those who don't.

(By the way guys, lets check those scientific demographics when it is the GOP holding the purse strings for federal grants. I think you'll see a remarkable shift.)

Tsk tsk. Some liberals apparently also can't tell the difference between a poll related to global warming or scientists' political affiliation and a poll related to who listens to conservative talk radio. I guess Pew was right that those who listen to conservative talk radio are better informed than those who don't.

(By the way guys, lets check those scientific demographics when it is the GOP holding the purse strings for federal grants. I think you'll see a remarkable shift.)

Physics,
Chemistry,
Industry,
Biology,

You think that's "Global Warming"? Shame on you for making such a dumb statement.

Scientists have complained about the Republican Administration for it's entire 8 years. Republicans pressured scientists to change data about anything opposing Republican policy, not just climate change. This has been reported in every science and engineering magazine since 2000.

You think that scientists need government handouts? They aren't dumbass Republicans with no education or a degree in Bible study. These guys can go work anywhere, overseas, anywhere.

Really, you guys should be ashamed of your dumb statements. Seriously. What is wrong with Republicans?

Bush Appointees Land Career Science Jobs With Seemingly Unrelated Backgrounds - washingtonpost.com

"It's ludicrous to have people who do not have a scientific background, who are not trained and skilled in the ways of science, make decisions that involve resources, that involve facilities in the scientific infrastructure," said James McCarthy, a Harvard University oceanographer who is president of the American Association for the Advancement of Science. "You'd just like to think people have more respect for the institution of government than to leave wreckage behind with these appointments."

EPA Scientists Decry Political Pressure - CBS News

The survey included chemists, toxicologists, engineers, geologists and experts in the life and environmental sciences.

The report said that 60 percent of those responding, or 889 scientists, reported personally experiencing what they viewed as political interference in their work over the last five years. Four in 10 scientists who have worked at the agency for more than a decade said they believe such interference has been more prevalent in the last five years than the previous five years.

Science Braces for Second Term

The scientific community has made a strong case. The Union of Concerned Scientists distributed two damning reports in 2004 accusing the administration of suppressing and manipulating research and stacking independent scientific advisory panels with ideological or industry-connected members.

"This administration has had a very uneasy relationship with science and scientists because of allegations that the administration has contorted science to fit political aspirations," said Kathy Hudson, director of the Genetics and Public Policy Center, a think tank that focuses on genetic research and policy. "And part of it is an absence of genuine enthusiasm about science by the administration."

Forum List

Back