Why inflation may persist

Robert Urbanek

Platinum Member
Nov 9, 2019
Vacaville, CA
Inflation, both in the U.S. and elsewhere, is likely to persist for several reasons:

Climate change

Fires from increased drought and flooding from the increase in atmospheric rivers and rising sea levels will continue to drive up the cost of insurance to cover property damage. Climate chaos also damages or compromises infrastructure, such as roads and waterways, which will cause delays in the product supply chain, thus driving up costs.

Wars

Both the growth in authoritarian, nationalist regimes and persistent terrorist groups has increased conflict levels that threaten sea lanes, thus requiring cargo ships to take alternative, more costly routes, driving up the cost of products.

Entitlement

In the U.S., in particular, there is little sense of thrift among a large segment of the population; they will pay inflated prices for products whether they truly need them or not. The entitlement category also includes the criminals who believe they have a right to steal to make up for past grievances, a belief that drives up the cost of products.

Aging population

As the population ages, the costs associated with their chronic conditions and long-term care will also increase and their voting power will deter politicians from suggesting cutbacks.

Feel free to add your own opinions on what contributes to inflation.

The last two aren't inflationary.

However, one thing you didn't mention that is definitely inflationary is de-globalization. America is an expensive place to build things. If you want to build more in America, prices are going to rise.

Also, tariffs are highly inflationary. This should be obvious.

The last two aren't inflationary.

However, one thing you didn't mention that is definitely inflationary is de-globalization. America is an expensive place to build things. If you want to build more in America, prices are going to rise.

Also, tariffs are highly inflationary. This should be obvious.

How do tariffs cause inflation?

Inflation, both in the U.S. and elsewhere, is likely to persist for several reasons:

Climate change

Fires from increased drought and flooding from the increase in atmospheric rivers and rising sea levels will continue to drive up the cost of insurance to cover property damage. Climate chaos also damages or compromises infrastructure, such as roads and waterways, which will cause delays in the product supply chain, thus driving up costs.

Wars

Both the growth in authoritarian, nationalist regimes and persistent terrorist groups has increased conflict levels that threaten sea lanes, thus requiring cargo ships to take alternative, more costly routes, driving up the cost of products.

Entitlement

In the U.S., in particular, there is little sense of thrift among a large segment of the population; they will pay inflated prices for products whether they truly need them or not. The entitlement category also includes the criminals who believe they have a right to steal to make up for past grievances, a belief that drives up the cost of products.

Aging population

As the population ages, the costs associated with their chronic conditions and long-term care will also increase and their voting power will deter politicians from suggesting cutbacks.

No mention of a $34 trillion debt and climbing exponentially? You do realize that printing money out your arse causes inflation, right?

No mention of the war on fossil fuels that is the life blood to the economy?

No mention of the Climate Cult governments across the world preventing farmers from producing as much food so as to keep the use of fertilizer and subsequent carbon emissions from increasing, causing food shortages?

You must be a Biden voter. You remember Biden right? That is the guy the first blamed Putin for the inflation.

Then Biden says he has no real power to reduce inflation

Then Biden passes an inflation bill after he said he can't do anything about inflation.

Then Biden admits the inflation bill was not really geared to fight inflation, as it was just a spending bill that caused worse inflation.

Seeing then that you are such a clueless partisan hack, what more is there to say really?

Climate change

Wars

Entitlement

Aging population

No, it's because of government over spending.

No, it's because of government over spending.
It is more than that. But yes, the more of something, like money, the less it is worth.

You must also consider the following.

During Covid they shut the world economy down, causing shortages globally. Then the Climate cult has caused shortages in fossil fuels and food because of their world policies.

Again, it is all about supply and demand.

The world wide inflation is 100% manufactured by the Left, but they will never own up to it.

That's not the question I asked.

If automakers, for example, decided to all raise prices 20%, would that cause inflation?

Most likely as those businesses that rely on cars would have to raise their prices, and so on and so forth

All those businesses and everyone that relies on them can all raise prices now?

The business the relies on cars will have to raise prices to cover the cost of the new cars.

The business that rely on the business that just raised prices will have to raise prices to adjust to the new prices for the company that riles on cars.

It is not a matter of can, it is a matter of will...till the point the consumer can no longer take it. It is what we have seen the last 3 years, and now some are scaling back prices as it is starting to cost them sales.

The business the relies on cars will have to raise prices to cover the cost of the new cars.

The business that rely on the business that just raised prices will have to raise prices to adjust to the new prices for the company that riles on cars.

It is not a matter of can, it is a matter of will...till the point the consumer can no longer take it. It is what we have seen the last 3 years, and now some are scaling back prices as it is starting to cost them sales.

Their customers will have less money to spend on other things, right?

It is not a matter of can, it is a matter of will...till the point the consumer can no longer take it.

If my cars cost 20% more, I can't take it already. I'll spend less on everything else.

True, except they will also gain income

If my cars cost 20% more, I can't take it already. I'll spend less on everything else.

And yet we have all witnessed the price of everything going up substantially over the last few years. And you seem to think a 100% tariff will have no impact. I am not sure why you think that

It is not a matter of can, it is a matter of will...till the point the consumer can no longer take it.

The Left wishes to destroy you.

The goal is to have only two social classes, the insanely rich, and insanely poor.

The Left wishes to destroy you.

The goal is to have only two social classes, the insanely rich, and insanely poor.

Do you ever read your post when you are sober and think to yourself "damn, I sounded like a moron when I made that post"?

And yet we have all witnessed the price of everything going up substantially over the last few years. And you seem to think a 100% tariff will have no impact. I am not sure why you think that

Tariffs cause income gains? Show me.

And yet we have all witnessed the price of everything going up substantially over the last few years

Yes, Bidenflation has been very high.

And you seem to think a 100% tariff will have no impact.

When did I say that? Link?

I did not say that.

Yet you do not seem to have any clue the causes.

In the same post where I said tariffs cause income growth.

Seems we are done here.

Yet you do not seem to have any clue the causes.

Milton Friedman: It is always and everywhere, a monetary phenomenon. It's always and everywhere, a result of too much money, of a more rapid increase in the quantity of money than an output.

You think tariffs cause income growth? LOL!

You think I said tariffs have no impact? I didn't.
Tariffs impact prices. Tariffs don't cause inflation.

You think tariffs cause income growth? LOL!

giphy.gif

Forum List

Back