Why is abortion the way of the world?

Because historically child sacrifice was the status quo. It's just who we are.
The “status quo?” No. “It’s just who we are?” Who? Neither the Jewish faith or the Christian faith ever condoned abortion. So what are you trying to say about the USA, it’s who we are? Are you actually trying to excuse the practice based on that?
And it is for the same reason, which is material gain. Most women have abortions due to financial concerns.
More than a million couples are on waiting lists in the U.S. to adopt any newborn. Probably willing to help out with the finances of the mother. It is horrifying to think so many unborns are destroyed.

If you read a bit more, you would have seen that I excluded the God of the Bible.

Thanks in advance.

If we are going to embrace barbarity, go all in and start killing women. Particularly young virgins. More primitive cultures killed women than sacrificed children.

Eventually that will happen. If they can sign murder into law with open defiance, there is no limit to their thirst for blood.

Speaking of thirst for blood, just Google genocide and see the history of humanity regarding it, this apart from killing children.

Humanity truly has a thirst for kill'in.

Currently in the US, about 300 Americans die every day from drugs coming across the border. Think about it, about as many people die a year from it as those who fought in Vientnam.

This is genocide.

It is and just another example of the depravity that exists within humanity. It knows no depth.

In our society, not all killings are murder. Fact.
True, but killing innocent life is murder. That's abortion. Can't sanitize or gray it out to help you with your emotions.
My emotions are just fine thank you. We ALL kill 'innocent life' every day. What did that cow or carrot ever do you?

Most pro-lifers forget to mention it is human life they are pro because that means they would have to define what it means to be human and that inevitably leads back to religion.

There will be retribution for this abominable act.

As long as you let that Supernatural Creature in the sky do all the retributioning to their souls when they die. None of this acting out on God's word, M'Kay?

I don't know of a creature that lives in the sky. Are you referring to the atheist spaghetti monster? Lol, that thing has no power.

The Great Noodley one doesn't care if you have an abortion or not. Be that as it may....

Up there, out there, in it's mythical place called Heaven.

Because historically child sacrifice was the status quo. It's just who we are.
The “status quo?” No. “It’s just who we are?” Who? Neither the Jewish faith or the Christian faith ever condoned abortion. So what are you trying to say about the USA, it’s who we are? Are you actually trying to excuse the practice based on that?
And it is for the same reason, which is material gain. Most women have abortions due to financial concerns.
More than a million couples are on waiting lists in the U.S. to adopt any newborn. Probably willing to help out with the finances of the mother. It is horrifying to think so many unborns are destroyed.

If you read a bit more, you would have seen that I excluded the God of the Bible.

Thanks in advance.
Then your point 'it's just who we are" is misleading (on purpose?)

I did read the article, however. And they dared to include the Jewish faith, but then kind of backed away --- if you read to the end.

True, but killing innocent life is murder. That's abortion. Can't sanitize or gray it out to help you with your emotions.
My emotions are just fine thank you. We ALL kill 'innocent life' every day. What did that cow or carrot ever do you?

Most pro-lifers forget to mention it is human life they are pro because that means they would have to define what it means to be human and that inevitably leads back to religion.
No pro life advocates avoid that at all. Human is CLEARLY defined in modern science generally though genetics. There is absolutely zero question that a human life begins when it is conceived.

What you are digging for is personhood - not human.

If we are going to embrace barbarity, go all in and start killing women. Particularly young virgins. More primitive cultures killed women than sacrificed children.

Eventually that will happen. If they can sign murder into law with open defiance, there is no limit to their thirst for blood.

Speaking of thirst for blood, just Google genocide and see the history of humanity regarding it, this apart from killing children.

Currently in the US, about 300 Americans die every day from drugs coming across the border. Think about it, about as many people die a year from it as those who fought in Vientnam.

This is genocide.

It is and just another example of the depravity that exists within humanity. It knows no depth.
Or the vast depravity that exists with ALL of nature.

It is the very essence of limited resources.

This is genocide.

Or the vast depravity that exists with ALL of nature.

It is the very essence of limited resources.

Yes, limited resources in an unlimited universe.

Thanks for that.

25 Cultures That Practiced Human Sacrifice

Because historically child sacrifice was the status quo

It's just who we are.

And it is for the same reason, which is material gain. Most women have abortions due to financial concerns. Likewise, pretty much all ancient religions sacrificed their children to the gods for such things as victory at war or fertile crops, etc.
New York will use their new liberal abortion laws to get paw and fingerprints off of babies so the can make illegal green cards for illegals.

It's just who we are.

And it is for the same reason, which is material gain. Most women have abortions due to financial concerns. Likewise, pretty much all ancient religions sacrificed their children to the gods for such things as victory at war or fertile crops, etc.
In the old, old days, some cultures believed that the gods would be more moved and willing to "help" if they were given the most precious gifts of the people. There is no more precious gift than a person's child, yannow---like Isaac?
Today people are terminating pregnancies when they cannot afford to feed, clothe, educate and house the child in a decent fashion. It is called being responsible to not bring an unwelcome child into the world.
OldLady, I cannot settle this issue with a cogent argument, and although I will never have to make a decision about abortion, I do not think I could do it. But neither can I speak for anyone else. Nobody is FORCED to have one. It should be a choice.
But I have an opinion on child sacrifice, and we are doing it still today. VietNam for example. According to the Pentagon Papers exposed by a very brave MSM, we sacrificed our boys and girls on the altar of national pride for years after we knew we our original reason for being there was wrong, and we did so in Iraq too. There are reasons for wars, but national pride only is not a good one. This also is a sacrifice to appease the god of pride we have created for ourselves.
Interesting perspective.
I don't see it that way, because our reasons for those wars were complicated. Sacrifice was the concrete trading of something precious for something you REALLY wanted. Most of the time, people sacrificed their dinners--chickens or goats or at really big festivals, a bull, which was a lot of protein down the drain while they ate some flatbread and maybe beans. But for truly serious needs--like rain during a drought, or healing during a plague, or for the earth to stop shaking--the most precious gift was life itself.
It no doubt became institutionalized somewhat and became a grisly "tradition" for some cultures, but that was the underlying idea. I don't see that it is a pride thing, per se.

It's just who we are.

Lucifer is The Lord of this World until after The Battle of Armageddon, and a couple other end times battles at which some point The Second Coming Occurs, and Jesus dethrones Lucifer, and takes back The Throne and Crown of Adam which was lost during the whole Garden of Eden fiasco.

Until this occurs, people will be selfish and wicked, and resist all attempts at protecting, respecting, and revering life.
To my point of view, a woman who terminates a pregnancy that she knows she cannot care for properly IS revering, protecting and respecting life. A quality life.

Clever Lie, but it's still a lie. Did you just get your profit sharing check from planned parenthood?
It is truth as I see it. Don't call me a liar.

It's just who we are.

In the old, old days, some cultures believed that the gods would be more moved and willing to "help" if they were given the most precious gifts of the people. There is no more precious gift than a person's child, yannow---like Isaac?
Today people are terminating pregnancies when they cannot afford to feed, clothe, educate and house the child in a decent fashion. It is called being responsible to not bring an unwelcome child into the world.

Society can't afford to feed and cloth them so kill them?

Seriously?

Hitler once led the sick in hospitals into the basements to exterminate them because they were a drain on society as well.

Should this be done to illegal immigrants as well or just make sure no more can get into the US?

What happened to the unlimited money from the top 1% we all need to go confiscate?
Are you proposing these children who are not able to be cared for by their parents should become wards of the state and cared for by society? Just askin, not arguing.

As I said above, we have had the technology to avoid unintended pregnancy for ages! We have just had to deal with some primitive tribal types, while other modern countries have not. If we got rid of these primitive bow-wows, we wouldn't have a problem. Let birth-control measures be known to every person and let access to them be available to all.

No pro life advocates avoid that at all. Human is CLEARLY defined in modern science generally though genetics. There is absolutely zero question that a human life begins when it is conceived.

What you are digging for is personhood - not human.
OK. How's this?
Most pro-lifers forget to mention it is personhood they are pro because that means they would have to define what it means to be a person and that inevitably leads back to religion​

It's just who we are.

It’s more than just finances, there is a huge life changing component of responsibility involved with having children. People who aren’t ready or can’t afford or undertake the responsibilities of parenthood are often the ones having abortions. Also, increasing the number of unwanted children in the world drives more poverty, higher crime, and dozens of other negative impacts on our society.

You are also dismissing the fact that many others don’t view embryos in their early stages of development as independent humans, they view them as a piece of a females body and respect her right to decide what to do about it.

Anti-abortion is the way of the Third World

Consider that

As long as you let that Supernatural Creature in the sky do all the retributioning to their souls when they die. None of this acting out on God's word, M'Kay?

I don't know of a creature that lives in the sky. Are you referring to the atheist spaghetti monster? Lol, that thing has no power.

The Great Noodley one doesn't care if you have an abortion or not. Be that as it may....

Mythical would be the greek gods.

Mythical would be the greek gods.

"...When you believe in things that you don't understand,
Then you suffer, superstition ain't the way, no, no, no"

Forum List

Back