Debate Now Why Is Being "Politically Correct" A Bad Thing To Some People?

I assume that people treating each other decently is only an issue if one is a bigot or a whining child with no self-control
Do not confuse politeness with political correctness one has nothing to do with the other
Yep, look at USMB: Most of the people who complain about "politeness" are nasty as hell themselves.

They make the rules, of course, so they're allowed.

:rolleyes-41:

no one can match spewing, misogynist obama1deranged rightwingnuts for nasty

You left wing nuts seem to have it down cold.

bummer you don't have to take another bar exam. i'm going to guess you weren't this delusional when you took the first one
Theres no way that IlarMlyr guy took a bar exam. He would argue with the test provider because he couldnt answer any of the questions.

Do not confuse politeness with political correctness one has nothing to do with the other
Yep, look at USMB: Most of the people who complain about "politeness" are nasty as hell themselves.

bummer you don't have to take another bar exam. i'm going to guess you weren't this delusional when you took the first one
Theres no way that IlarMlyr guy took a bar exam. He would argue with the test provider because he couldnt answer any of the questions.

he used to be semi rational. I know he's a lawyer so I don't play that... even if he's turned into a total creep since this president wasted and he became a whining welcher

he used to be semi rational. I know he's a lawyer so I don't play that... even if he's turned into a total creep since this president wasted and he became a whining welcher
How can IlarMlyr be an attorney and not know people have different understandings of words than other people? Word manipulation is what they do for a living.

How can IlarMlyr be an attorney and not know people have different understandings of words than other people? Word manipulation is what they do for a living.

we do. which is why he should know better

Actually, if jilly were good at her job and being honest here, she'd not put a shiny gloss on the vapid crap offered by dimwit uneducated twits like assclap.

Jeez. Is even SHE now going to pretend (as professed by the idiot Assclap) that it is not the case that SOME words are ambiguous but other words are not ambiguous?

And no. Word manipulation is NOT what lawyers do or are supposed to do for a living. Words are important things and the usual practice, from parsing a statute to drafting a contract, is to make efforts to avoid ambiguity.

SOME words are ambiguous. Even the idiot assclap sees that much. BUT morons such as assclap pretend that somehow ALL words are subject to that malady.

He's wrong and so is jilly. Only a liar or an uneducated imbecile would claim to believe that all words are ambiguous. To even state it is to show how ridiculous the contention is. It is not unexpected that a cretin like assclap would accept such an obviously false claim and embrace it. Truth is irrelevant to shit holes like assclap. It is a little bit unexpected, and very sad, that jilly would endorse such stupid thinking.

In summary: assclap is a very ignorant and generally under educated hack liberal bitch.

jilly may be a lawyer, but she's not a model of coherent thinking and her pettiness has to get in the way of her doing her job if this board is any indication.

valeravi remains a void.

Oh, one more thing:

SOME (but not all) words ARE ambiguous. SOME words (although not all of them) are perfectly unambiguous.

Actually, if jilly were good at her job and being honest here, she'd not put a shiny gloss on the vapid crap offered by dimwit uneducated twits like assclap.

Jeez. Is even SHE now going to pretend (as professed by the idiot Assclap) that it is not the case that SOME words are ambiguous but other words are not ambiguous?

And no. Word manipulation is NOT what lawyers do or are supposed to do for a living. Words are important things and the usual practice, from parsing a statute to drafting a contract, is to make efforts to avoid ambiguity.

SOME words are ambiguous. Even the idiot assclap sees that much. BUT morons such as assclap pretend that somehow ALL words are subject to that malady.

He's wrong and so is jilly. Only a liar or an uneducated imbecile would claim to believe that all words are ambiguous. To even state it is to show how ridiculous the contention is. It is not unexpected that a cretin like assclap would accept such an obviously false claim and embrace it. Truth is irrelevant to shit holes like assclap. It is a little bit unexpected, and very sad, that jilly would endorse such stupid thinking.
Stop back pedaling. Its too funny. :laugh:

The PC tactic of calling someone racist, intolerant or bigoted when that person says something to offend the tender sensibilities of the PC crowd is avoidance of the discussion

calling something a "PC tactic" is just a way of excusing bigotry and thinking no one should call you on it.

You assume that everything that offends the PC crowd is indeed bigotry

I assume that people treating each other decently is only an issue if one is a bigot or a whining child with no self-control

the whole "political correctness" thing is largely cover for bigotry and insensitivity.... which is not to say that it doesn't go too far sometimes.

but the same people who whine about "political correctness" are the first ones to go into melt down if starbucks uss a red cup

Nice broad brush

In summary: assclap is a very ignorant and generally under educated hack liberal bitch.

jilly may be a lawyer, but she's not a model of coherent thinking and her pettiness has to get in the way of her doing her job if this board is any indication.

valeravi remains a void.

Oh, one more thing:

SOME (but not all) words ARE ambiguous. SOME words (although not all of them) are perfectly unambiguous.
In summary you are an idiot. Most words have different meanings slightly or otherwise to different people. When someone hears a word the image they get in their head is unique. Try again.

Political Correctness: Strategic Hypersensitivity deployed specifically to keep your target on the defensive and control the conversation.

Regardless of the denials, deflection, obtuseness, nastiness, bigotry and distortion of those who have weaponized it, the Regressive Left.

Unfortunately, when we continue to name call, act rudely, and criticise our opponents it really reflects negatively on ourselves instead of our opponents.

For some reason, (perhaps being disembodied strangers on the internet) make it more likely than not that people discuss politics in a manner they wouldn't if they were talking to each other in person.

incessant crying about and convoluting discussion of the conveniently conflated term Political Correctness:

Strategic Hypersensitivity deployed specifically to keep your target on the defensive and control the conversation.

Regardless of the denials, deflection, obtuseness, nastiness, bigotry and distortion of those who have weaponized it, whackjob mac.

Unfortunately, when we continue to name call, act rudely, and criticise our opponents it really reflects negatively on ourselves instead of our opponents.

For some reason, (perhaps being disembodied strangers on the internet) make it more likely than not that people discuss politics in a manner they wouldn't if they were talking to each other in person.
You can guarantee that if in person things would be different when discussing this issue. Certain posters would be adhering to the tenants of being PC for sure.

incessant crying about and convoluting discussion of the conveniently conflated term Political Correctness:

Strategic Hypersensitivity deployed specifically to keep your target on the defensive and control the conversation.

Regardless of the denials, deflection, obtuseness, nastiness, bigotry and distortion of those who have weaponized it, whackjob mac.
Do you have a comment or are you just repeating a prior post?

i've made tons of comments in this thread... that particular post was satirical. :D

Stop back pedaling. Its too funny. :laugh:

he's just turned into a loon. I'm good at my job and I was great in school back then too.

nutty welcher has forgotten everything he ever learned

This thread is an example of how to get away with DOING some things that others are not permitted to respond to in like kind.

It is not even particularly good flame bait. But that is still what it is. Just flame bait.

Putting aside the flame-bait nature of this thread (and it is apparently in the wrong forum), the fact remains: SOME words are ambiguous. But only a complete moron would argue that ALL words are ambiguous.

Of those many words which are patently not ambiguous, part of the orchestrated Alinsky-like liberal effort to control speech and thought involves the bogus claims that certain words are either ambiguous when they simply aren't OR that some words are just too inflammatory to permit.

Since it is an orchestrated effort by butthurt wishy-washy liberals that make such petty demands, I see no virtue in adhering to the demands for PC.

From the late, great George Carlin:

Political Correctness is America's newest form of intolerance, and it's especially pernicious because because it comes disguised as tolerance. It presents itself as fairness, yet attempts to restrict and control people's language with strict codes and rigid rules. I'm not sure that's the way to fight discrimination. I'm not sure that silencing people or forcing them to alter their speech is the best method for solving problems that go much deeper than speech.

Now, let's see how many deflect to criticizing Carlin instead of honestly addressing his point.

Source:

Love it. Said as only Carlin could say it. Here's another classic of Carlin on tortured language.

Forum List

Back