Debate Now Why Is Being "Politically Correct" A Bad Thing To Some People?

calling something a "PC tactic" is just a way of excusing bigotry and thinking no one should call you on it.

You assume that everything that offends the PC crowd is indeed bigotry

I assume that people treating each other decently is only an issue if one is a bigot or a whining child with no self-control
Do not confuse politeness with political correctness one has nothing to do with the other
Yep, look at USMB: Most of the people who complain about "politeness" are nasty as hell themselves.

They make the rules, of course, so they're allowed.

:rolleyes-41:

no one can match spewing, misogynist obama1deranged rightwingnuts for nasty

Says the lib who has never been targeted by PC.

Unfortunately, when we continue to name call, act rudely, and criticise our opponents it really reflects negatively on ourselves instead of our opponents.

For some reason, (perhaps being disembodied strangers on the internet) make it more likely than not that people discuss politics in a manner they wouldn't if they were talking to each other in person.

YOu would think so, but unfortunately libs who use PC managed to convince themselves that they are the good guys and with the support of corrupt libs they very often make that stick.

incessant crying about and convoluting discussion of the conveniently conflated term Political Correctness:

Strategic Hypersensitivity deployed specifically to keep your target on the defensive and control the conversation.

Regardless of the denials, deflection, obtuseness, nastiness, bigotry and distortion of those who have weaponized it, whackjob mac.

There is nothing "conflated" there.

That is the best definition of PC that I have ever seen. It covers all the ways that you libs use PC to defend or advance polices and agendas, that you could not honestly defend or advance.

Political Correctness: Strategic Hypersensitivity deployed specifically to keep your target on the defensive and control the conversation.

Regardless of the denials, deflection, obtuseness, nastiness, bigotry and distortion of those who have weaponized it, the Regressive Left.
You are easily put on the defensive.

PC means not being able to call black people ******* without being called out on it. Or women ***** or Jews hymies or Muslims terrorists, or Mexicans rapists, etc.

Political Correctness: Strategic Hypersensitivity deployed specifically to keep your target on the defensive and control the conversation.

Regardless of the denials, deflection, obtuseness, nastiness, bigotry and distortion of those who have weaponized it, the Regressive Left.

Standard lib dishonesty.

ATtack someone and then accuse them of being defensive.

NOte how Mac's point was COMPLETELY IGNORED, while the lib made a smarmy personal attack.

PC means not being able to call black people ******* without being called out on it. Or women ***** or Jews hymies or Muslims terrorists, or Mexicans rapists, etc.

Logical fallacy of proof by assertion.

Proof by assertion - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Proof by assertion, sometimes informally referred to as proof by repeated assertion, is an informal fallacy in which a proposition is repeatedly restated regardless of contradiction.[1] Sometimes, this may be repeated until challenges dry up, at which point it is asserted as fact due to its not being contradicted (argumentum ad nauseam).[2] In other cases, its repetition may be cited as evidence of its truth, in a variant of the appeal to authority or appeal to belief fallacies.[citation needed]

This fallacy is sometimes used as a form of rhetoric by politicians, or during a debate as a filibuster. In its extreme form, it can also be a form of brainwashing.

Nothing is wrong with PC. Just as nothing is wrong with tobacco, alcohol, fishing, hunting, drilling for oil, building shopping centers, planting crops, following our elected officials around with cameras, or playing loud music.

All of the above becomes counter productive, rude, dangerous, or sickening when taken to an extreme.

People do tend to overdo PC at times.
How can you be too PC if you are trying to communicate with someone?
Too concerned with a person's race. gender, sexual orientation than dealing with them as a person.
Give me an example.
Someone bending over backwards to agree with you because you are Black, instead of honestly dealing with you as a person and giving you their opinion, although it might not click with what you believe. Like bleeding heart liberals.
Thats not PC. Thats simply lying. PC is being honest but polite.

PC example....I disagree with your interpretation of what spice is needed to make Tandoori Chicken.
Non PC....You're an idiot. Thats not what you fucking use to make Tandoori Chicken.

Which one do you think is more conducive to further conversation?
We obviously have different opinions of what PC means.

Standard lib dishonesty.

NOte how Mac's point was COMPLETELY IGNORED, while the lib made a smarmy personal attack.
That's how it goes. I make a point, they avoid and then make it nasty and personal. That's who they are.

More interestingly, I have a few of them on ignore but they post to me anyway. That's how far up in their heads I exist. I do wish USMB would tweak the board so that I didn't see their posts when I quote someone, but it is what it is.

These are nasty, dishonest, narcissistic people. I'd rather not see their posts and let them soak in their own hate.

Last edited:
As amusing as this feigned confusion over this topic might be, the fact is the people who perpetrate this strategy know exactly what we're talking about.

And again, it's all laid out, nice and clear, in Post 742, plenty of examples from honest lefties exposing PC just fine.

Aw, heck, I'll provide the list again. Hey PC Police, tell us again how you don't know what we're talking about. Or, just ignore the list again, whichever:

↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓

Recent News Item: President Obama praised student activists, but also said he disagrees with what Stephanopoulos described as “militant political correctness” on campus, whereby some activists seek to shut down opposing viewpoints. “Being a good citizen, being an activist, involves hearing the other side and making sure that you are engaging in a dialogue because that’s also how change happens,” said President Obama.

Last edited:

Standard lib dishonesty.

Was I being unPC? Oh my.

Standard lib dishonesty.

That's how it goes. I make a point, they avoid and then make it nasty and personal. That's who they are.

More interestingly, I have a few of them on ignore but they post to me anyway. That's how far up in their heads I exist. I do wish USMB would tweak the board so that I didn't see their posts when I quote someone, but it is what it is.

These are nasty, dishonest, narcissistic people. I'd rather not see their posts and let them soak in their own hate.
Why do you keep quoting my posts?

I've seen many times on this board the term "politically correct" being used in derogatory manner. It baffles me to be honest. What is it that would make being politically correct something to frown upon as opposed to a tool to further communication?

Rules:

1. No off topic comments. Please address the question.
2. Be able to prove your position using common sense. No links

Such people typically use the term to refer to various expectations that society has for them. Of course most such people have a whole set of political correctness practices that they wish to enforce on everyone else--like those fucktards that expect everyone to wish them "Merry Christmas"

Such people typically use the term to refer to various expectations that society has for them. Of course most such people have a whole set of political correctness practices that they wish to enforce on everyone else--like those fucktards that expect everyone to wish them "Merry Christmas"
Note that the PC Police here say that PC is all about just being civil to each other.

But "fucktard" is fine.

The PC Police have (and deserve) zero (0) credibility, and even many liberals are now seeing it.

Forum List

Back