Debate Now Why Is Being "Politically Correct" A Bad Thing To Some People?

Was I being unPC? Oh my.

No, actually you were employing PC exactly as described by Mac and myself.

Note how you still did not actually address either Mac's point, or mine.
There wasn't a point to address aside from his hypersensitivity, which I addressed with my statement, "you are easily put on the defensive."

There was nothing in his post you replied to that implied he was offended. He was simply and accurately describing standard lib use of PC.

And you changed the subject from Poltical Correctness to Mac and his alleged personal flaws.

Does that sound familiar?

BTW, my definition of PC indicates that you still will refuse to address what Mac had to say about PC and again continue your focus on Mac and/or myself and our alleged personal flaws.

Because that is what PC is and that is what libs do.
He made this claim, "to keep your target on the defensive and control the conversation" therefore imply that he is getting put on the defensive. That's on him.

Conservatives have a lot to answer for nowadays with a party in shambles, no plans for the future, a congress they control that is missing in action, etc.... So they have a lot to defend.
Good point. It's just comical that they feel they are losing the country to something as wimpy as PC.

You are ignoring the fact that this tactic is used all day, every day, at every level of society by the Left to protect and advance policies and agendas that they cannot defend or advance honestly based on their merits.

Terrible damage has been done to America and Americans and a lot of people who have been targeting with this sleazy tactic over and over again are growing increasingly angry.

This isn't about Tee Ball, buddy.

"used all day, every day, at every level of society by the Left to protect and advance policies and agendas"

give examples of what policies you're referring to... be specific.

Political correctness is an extreme tactic that is constantly used by the Left to personally attack people who dare disagree with them and thus control the conversation.

And thus defend and advance policies they could not defend or advance honestly based on the merits of their policies.

Certainly, as with everything else, it can be taken to extremes. There is nothing wrong with such PC things as "participant awards" for kids playing Tee ball or calling the person who heads the board of directors "the chair" or "chairperson". Its a bunch of old men pining for the way it used to be.

You are ignoring the fact that this tactic is used all day, every day, at every level of society by the Left to protect and advance policies and agendas that they cannot defend or advance honestly based on their merits.

Terrible damage has been done to America and Americans and a lot of people who have been targeting with this sleazy tactic over and over again are growing increasingly angry.

As stated (twice now) taken to an extreme, anything can be counter productive. PC is no different. Will you be willing to provide some examples?

And I have explained that PC has been extreme for a long time.

Examples? Sure.

The Negro Family: The Case For National Action - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

the Moynihan Report, 1965

It investigated and concluded that the primary cause of problems in the black community was the collapse of the Black Family ie Illegitimacy.

This a serious work that identifies a real problem that has and is ruining and ending millions of lives.

Instead of a real debate, Lefties have called it racist and any attempt to do something to address the cause of social dysfunction in the Black Community has been demagogued with Political Correctness.

From the time of its publication, the report has been sharply attacked by Black American and civil rights leaders as examples of white patronizing, cultural bias, or racism. At various times the report has been condemned or dismissed by the N.A.A.C.P. and other civil rights groups, and leaders such as Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton. Critics accused Moynihan of relying on stereotypes of the Black family and Black men, implied that blacks had inferior academic performance, portrayed crime and pathology as endemic to the black community, and failed to recognize that both cultural bias and racism in standardized tests had contributed to apparent lower achievement by blacks in school.[9] The report was criticized for threatening to undermine the place of civil rights on the national agenda, leaving "a vacuum that could be filled with a politics that blamed Blacks for their own troubles."[10]

In 1987, Hortense Spillers, a Black feminist academic, criticized the Moynihan Report on semantic grounds for its use of "matriarchy" and "patriarchy" when describing the African-American family. She argues that the terminology used to define White families cannot be used to define African-American families because of the way slavery has affected the African-American family.[11]

Try on this site. Try arguing that the collapse of the Black Family is the real problem causing black crime.

Libs don't argue with you. They call you a racist.

This is a good example of someone calling this PC. Now If you want to call this Political Correctness, I think that is your opinion on what it is . I think the NAACP, Jackson, Sharpton and Spillers are entitled to their opinion as well. I will concede that these are liberals and organizations that have been liberal in the past. I'm not sure about the politics of Ms. Spillers. I think her argument is full of shit.

Lets look at it for a second. Conservatives are famous for wanting local school boards, governments, etc... to have the power to spend money instead of some bureaucrat in Washington. I understand the argument is based on (in part) proximity and on (in part) an understanding of local needs. I can hear echoes of that argument from Jackson, Sharpton and the civil rights groups--that a bunch of white guys will hand down the problems in the black community.

From what you wrote, it seems spot on. Also seems like a case of "duh".

IF you want to call it PC...sure. It seems like some opinions to me. Is there a difference? I'm not sure.

Note how none of the critics argued that the data on the black family or the data on the relation between the black family and crime or how lack of family could be harmful to the children.

NO, they call the people who raise the issue names.

That is using "weaponized" offense to target the opponent and control the conversation.

For 50 years the response to concerns about Illegitimacy causing terrible problems in the black community has been met with Political Correctness and discussions about how, as I have repeatedly pointed out, how the people who raised the issue are bad people.

So, policy has been formulated based on that, and for 50 years we have refused to address the cause of black poverty, crime, drug abuse, gang culture, promiscuity, ect, ect, ect.

Millions of lives ruined, hundreds of thousands dead.

BUT on the plus side, libs keep getting elected. The Black Community's support for the dems is Rock Solid.

The LIberal agenda is moving forward all the time.

Guess it's a matter of priorities.

the neighbor who didn't call about suspicions cuz PC! is a myth created by dolts..

"used all day, every day, at every level of society by the Left to protect and advance policies and agendas"

Already done above, with The Moynihan Report.

most of the things you and others blame on pc are simply not true...

several people you are arguing with in this thread have acknowledged the existence of some forms of pc taken to silly extremes...it's an obvious given, so you are just beating a dead horse while ignoring the points that others have been trying to make about pc being a loaded term, the meaning of which has been conflated with legitimately objectionable things.

you and others have obstinately refused to address those concerns here. posting a zillion examples of pc proves nothing.

you and others make wild false claims about pc POLICIES and agendas in an attempt to demonize the intent of others.

it's like half the room is talking about oranges and you guys are stuck on making apple sauce...

i am asking you to name ONE policy that you deem "cuz PC" so we can then extrapolate.

otherwise you're just hiding behind this nebulous term and ignoring true constitutional rationale.

for example, the rationale of anti discrimination laws, or search and seizure laws, etc...

you guys literally just make things up and then believe your own lies...

it's easy to feel right in hypothetical la la land, which is what you guys are doing.

most of the things you and others blame on pc are simply not true...

several people you are arguing with in this thread have acknowledged the existence of some forms of pc taken to silly extremes, it's an obvious given, so you are just beating a dead horse while ignoring the points that others have been trying to make about pc being a loaded term, the meaning of which has been conflated with legitimately objectionable things.

you and others have obstinately refused to address those concerns here. posting a zillion examples of pc proves nothing.

you and others make wild false claims about pc POLICIES and agendas in an attempt to demonize the intent of others.

it's like half the room is talking about oranges and you guys are stuck on making apple sauce...

i am asking you to name ONE policy that you deem "cuz PC" so we can then extrapolate.

otherwise you're just hiding behind this nebulous term and ignoring true constitutional rationale.

for example, the rationale of anti discrimination laws, or search and seizure laws, etc...

you guys literally just make things up and then believe your own lies...

it's easy to feel right in hypothetical la la land, which is what you guys are doing.

Candycorn asked for an example. I gave it to him

YOu asked for one, and I pointed out that I gave him one.

Instead of going to that one and addressing the example you asked for you ignore it and post some nonsense that among other nonsense you accuse cons in this thread AGAIN DEMAND AN EXAMPLE.

i didn't read them... he isn't bright enough to comprehend what's beside the point.
I didn't bother either. More than likely a string of "honest" liberals that confirm his bias that PC is destroying the world. In other words, their PC opinion agrees with his PC opinion. Much irony.

yeah, mac is too much of a coward to have an honest discussion...

Instead of going to that one and addressing the example you asked for you ignore it and post some nonsense that among other nonsense you accuse cons in this thread AGAIN DEMAND AN EXAMPLE.

too difficult for you to simply re-state the policy you speak of?

can you at least link to the post you are referring to, so i can address it directly?

i didn't read them... he isn't bright enough to comprehend what's beside the point.
I didn't bother either. More than likely a string of "honest" liberals that confirm his bias that PC is destroying the world. In other words, their PC opinion agrees with his PC opinion. Much irony.

yeah, mac is too much of a coward to have an honest discussion...

You are so deluded.

too difficult for you to simply re-state the policy you speak of?

can you at least link to the post you are referring to, so i can address it directly?

Christ, it was on the same page!

Here. I cut and pasted it for you.

And I have explained that PC has been extreme for a long time.

Examples? Sure.

The Negro Family: The Case For National Action - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

the Moynihan Report, 1965

It investigated and concluded that the primary cause of problems in the black community was the collapse of the Black Family ie Illegitimacy.

This a serious work that identifies a real problem that has and is ruining and ending millions of lives.

Instead of a real debate, Lefties have called it racist and any attempt to do something to address the cause of social dysfunction in the Black Community has been demagogued with Political Correctness.

"N.A.A.C.P. and other civil rights groups, and leaders such as Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton. Critics accused Moynihan of relying on stereotypes of the Black family and Black men, implied that blacks had inferior academic performance, portrayed crime and pathology as endemic to the black community, and failed to recognize that both cultural bias and racism in standardized tests had contributed to apparent lower achievement by blacks in school.[9] The report was criticized for threatening to undermine the place of civil rights on the national agenda, leaving "a vacuum that could be filled with a politics that blamed Blacks for their own troubles."[10]

In 1987, Hortense Spillers, a Black feminist academic, criticized the Moynihan Report on semantic grounds for its use of "matriarchy" and "patriarchy" when describing the African-American family. She argues that the terminology used to define White families cannot be used to define African-American families because of the way slavery has affected the African-American family.[11]

Try on this site. Try arguing that the collapse of the Black Family is the real problem causing black crime.

Libs don't argue with you. They call you a racist.

Second post to Candycorn's response.

Note how none of the critics argued that the data on the black family or the data on the relation between the black family and crime or how lack of family could be harmful to the children.

NO, they call the people who raise the issue names.

That is using "weaponized" offense to target the opponent and control the conversation.

For 50 years the response to concerns about Illegitimacy causing terrible problems in the black community has been met with Political Correctness and discussions about how, as I have repeatedly pointed out, how the people who raised the issue are bad people.

So, policy has been formulated based on that, and for 50 years we have refused to address the cause of black poverty, crime, drug abuse, gang culture, promiscuity, ect, ect, ect.

Millions of lives ruined, hundreds of thousands dead.

BUT on the plus side, libs keep getting elected. The Black Community's support for the dems is Rock Solid.

The LIberal agenda is moving forward all the time.

Guess it's a matter of priorities.

You are so deluded.

not at all, but you're deluded if you actually believe that black people have been somehow fooled into giving democrats rock solid support. the only thing you prove is that you just don't get it..and you are the one being insulting.

Last edited:
"any attempt to do something to address the cause of social dysfunction in the Black Community has been demagogued with Political Correctness."

^ patently false...

are you claiming that black people are just too stupid to advocate for themselves?

"any attempt to do something to address the cause of social dysfunction in the Black Community has been demagogued with Political Correctness."

^ patently false...

are you claiming that black people are just too stupid to advocate for themselves?

Thanks valerie.

I of course, in my post presented multiple examples of how serious proposals or discussions of the root cause of the problems in the black community are met with name calling or PC.

YOu ignored the fact that specific details and examples had been given to claim that my statement was "patently false".

Great logic there, btw. :rolleyes:

And then you spun up a strawman that strongly implied I was being racist.

Standard PC use by a lib.

You used an accusation of racism to avoid a topic where you could not honestly defend the long standing behavior and polices of liberalism.

Or as Mac puts it, you attempted to "control the conversation".

This is me rubbing your face in the fact that you are using Political Correctness.

"Try on this site. Try arguing that the collapse of the Black Family is the real problem causing black crime.

Libs don't argue with you. They call you a racist."

got a link? i know i've never had an exchange like that with you.

maybe you just haven't been addressing the topic without saying ignorant things...

maybe mac propped up some lame socks just so y'all could play victim to being called racist... wa wa

what happens on this forum has zilch to do with actual policies you make false claims about. true story.

i'm sure you believe that but i'm laughing at your ridiculous claims, fyi...

And still you avoid even mentioning the many examples of the behavior you claimed was patently false.

A claim you made AFTER I posted the examples of the responses using PC.

You have not addressed the primary point of the initial report.

You have not addressed anything.

All you do is made vague denials and try to insult me without be too obvious about it.

LIke stating that I made and believe "ridiculous claims" that you of course never list or explain, but you do not call me directly "ridiculous".

Hence you can tell yourself and claim that for semantic reasons, that you did not follow my model of PC.

LOL!!!

The only people you are fooling are the ones who want to be fooled, yourself most of all.

you are drawing false conclusions from the information you read... sorry you can't see that.

"Try on this site. Try arguing that the collapse of the Black Family is the real problem causing black crime.

Libs don't argue with you. They call you a racist."

got a link? i know i've never had an exchange like that with you.

maybe you just haven't been addressing the topic without saying ignorant things...

maybe mac propped up some lame socks just so y'all could play victim to being called racist... wa wa

what happens on this forum has zilch to do with actual policies you make false claims about. true story.
I've not seen that either. I would ask questions, what caused the collapse of the black family? If you believe that the collapse of the black family is the root of "black" crime that would be an important point to explore.

Though I will admit that I wonder why so many on the right spend so much time trying to "improve" the black population and no time whatsoever attempting to improve the general population.

Forum List

Back