Debate Now Why Is Being "Politically Correct" A Bad Thing To Some People?

Nothing is wrong with PC. Just as nothing is wrong with tobacco, alcohol, fishing, hunting, drilling for oil, building shopping centers, planting crops, following our elected officials around with cameras, or playing loud music.

All of the above becomes counter productive, rude, dangerous, or sickening when taken to an extreme.

Political correctness is an extreme tactic that is constantly used by the Left to personally attack people who dare disagree with them and thus control the conversation.

And thus defend and advance policies they could not defend or advance honestly based on the merits of their policies.

Political Correctness: Strategic Hypersensitivity deployed specifically to keep your target on the defensive and control the conversation.

Regardless of the denials, deflection, obtuseness, nastiness, bigotry and distortion of those who have weaponized it, the Regressive Left.
You are easily put on the defensive.

Standard lib dishonesty.

ATtack someone and then accuse them of being defensive.

NOte how Mac's point was COMPLETELY IGNORED, while the lib made a smarmy personal attack.
That's how it goes. I make a point, they avoid and then make it nasty and personal. That's who they are.

More interestingly, I have a few of them on ignore but they post to me anyway. That's how far up in their heads I exist. I do wish USMB would tweak the board so that I didn't see their posts when I quote someone, but it is what it is.

These are nasty, dishonest, narcissistic people. I'd rather not see their posts and let them soak in their own hate.

And they are smugly patting themselves and each other on the back while they do it as to what good people they are.

It is revolting.

Political Correctness: Strategic Hypersensitivity deployed specifically to keep your target on the defensive and control the conversation.

Regardless of the denials, deflection, obtuseness, nastiness, bigotry and distortion of those who have weaponized it, the Regressive Left.

Standard lib dishonesty.

NOte how Mac's point was COMPLETELY IGNORED, while the lib made a smarmy personal attack.
Was I being unPC? Oh my.

No, actually you were employing PC exactly as described by Mac and myself.

Note how you still did not actually address either Mac's point, or mine.

Nothing is wrong with PC. Just as nothing is wrong with tobacco, alcohol, fishing, hunting, drilling for oil, building shopping centers, planting crops, following our elected officials around with cameras, or playing loud music.

All of the above becomes counter productive, rude, dangerous, or sickening when taken to an extreme.

Political correctness is an extreme tactic that is constantly used by the Left to personally attack people who dare disagree with them and thus control the conversation.

And thus defend and advance policies they could not defend or advance honestly based on the merits of their policies.

Certainly, as with everything else, it can be taken to extremes. There is nothing wrong with such PC things as "participant awards" for kids playing Tee ball or calling the person who heads the board of directors "the chair" or "chairperson". Its a bunch of old men pining for the way it used to be.

Certainly, as with everything else, it can be taken to extremes. There is nothing wrong with such PC things as "participant awards" for kids playing Tee ball or calling the person who heads the board of directors "the chair" or "chairperson". Its a bunch of old men pining for the way it used to be.

No---A bunch of idiot progressives who think that calling a garbage man a "sanitation engineer" will make him smell better.

No---A bunch of idiot progressives who think that calling a garbage man a "sanitation engineer" will make him smell better.

A. Nobody thinks that.
B. If they did, how does it injure you or change your world in any way, shape or form?

You are ignoring the fact that this tactic is used all day, every day, at every level of society by the Left to protect and advance policies and agendas that they cannot defend or advance honestly based on their merits.

Terrible damage has been done to America and Americans and a lot of people who have been targeting with this sleazy tactic over and over again are growing increasingly angry.

This isn't about Tee Ball, buddy.

You are ignoring the fact that this tactic is used all day, every day, at every level of society by the Left to protect and advance policies and agendas that they cannot defend or advance honestly based on their merits.

Terrible damage has been done to America and Americans and a lot of people who have been targeting with this sleazy tactic over and over again are growing increasingly angry.

As stated (twice now) taken to an extreme, anything can be counter productive. PC is no different. Will you be willing to provide some examples?

Standard lib dishonesty.

Was I being unPC? Oh my.

There wasn't a point to address aside from his hypersensitivity, which I addressed with my statement, "you are easily put on the defensive."

Well, I'm sure there are cases of people being overly politically correct. Someone tried to blame a neighbor's hesitance to report on the San Bernadino killers (I think it was their neighbor) on PC. Supposedly, the neighbor didn't want to be "profiling" or something. I"m not sure how it went. Anyway, that would be an example of PC taken too far. "If you see something, say something"--Obama (supposedly a PC practicioner) says time and time again... Its fluid.

Well, I'm sure there are cases of people being overly politically correct. Someone tried to blame a neighbor's hesitance to report on the San Bernadino killers (I think it was their neighbor) on PC. Supposedly, the neighbor didn't want to be "profiling" or something. I"m not sure how it went. Anyway, that would be an example of PC taken too far. "If you see something, say something"--Obama (supposedly a PC practicioner) says time and time again... Its fluid.

So fluid that nobody know what the rules are but liberals will be glad to enforce them for you.

So fluid that nobody know what the rules are but liberals will be glad to enforce them for you.

LIberals can do that? Who knew?

As stated (twice now) taken to an extreme, anything can be counter productive. PC is no different. Will you be willing to provide some examples?

And I have explained that PC has been extreme for a long time.

Examples? Sure.

The Negro Family: The Case For National Action - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

the Moynihan Report, 1965

It investigated and concluded that the primary cause of problems in the black community was the collapse of the Black Family ie Illegitimacy.

This a serious work that identifies a real problem that has and is ruining and ending millions of lives.

Instead of a real debate, Lefties have called it racist and any attempt to do something to address the cause of social dysfunction in the Black Community has been demagogued with Political Correctness.

From the time of its publication, the report has been sharply attacked by Black American and civil rights leaders as examples of white patronizing, cultural bias, or racism. At various times the report has been condemned or dismissed by the N.A.A.C.P. and other civil rights groups, and leaders such as Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton. Critics accused Moynihan of relying on stereotypes of the Black family and Black men, implied that blacks had inferior academic performance, portrayed crime and pathology as endemic to the black community, and failed to recognize that both cultural bias and racism in standardized tests had contributed to apparent lower achievement by blacks in school.[9] The report was criticized for threatening to undermine the place of civil rights on the national agenda, leaving "a vacuum that could be filled with a politics that blamed Blacks for their own troubles."[10]

In 1987, Hortense Spillers, a Black feminist academic, criticized the Moynihan Report on semantic grounds for its use of "matriarchy" and "patriarchy" when describing the African-American family. She argues that the terminology used to define White families cannot be used to define African-American families because of the way slavery has affected the African-American family.[11]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Negro_Family:_The_Case_For_National_Action#cite_note-11

Try on this site. Try arguing that the collapse of the Black Family is the real problem causing black crime.

Libs don't argue with you. They call you a racist.

Standard lib dishonesty.

Was I being unPC? Oh my.

There wasn't a point to address aside from his hypersensitivity, which I addressed with my statement, "you are easily put on the defensive."

There was nothing in his post you replied to that implied he was offended. He was simply and accurately describing standard lib use of PC.

And you changed the subject from Poltical Correctness to Mac and his alleged personal flaws.

Does that sound familiar?

BTW, my definition of PC indicates that you still will refuse to address what Mac had to say about PC and again continue your focus on Mac and/or myself and our alleged personal flaws.

Because that is what PC is and that is what libs do.

Standard lib dishonesty.

Was I being unPC? Oh my.

There was nothing in his post you replied to that implied he was offended. He was simply and accurately describing standard lib use of PC.

And you changed the subject from Poltical Correctness to Mac and his alleged personal flaws.

BTW, my definition of PC indicates that you still will refuse to address what Mac had to say about PC and again continue your focus on Mac and/or myself and our alleged personal flaws.

Yep, it's who they are, and they don't stop, even when it's pointed out.

That's how zealots behave.

And I have explained that PC has been extreme for a long time.

Examples? Sure.

The Negro Family: The Case For National Action - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

the Moynihan Report, 1965

It investigated and concluded that the primary cause of problems in the black community was the collapse of the Black Family ie Illegitimacy.

This a serious work that identifies a real problem that has and is ruining and ending millions of lives.

Instead of a real debate, Lefties have called it racist and any attempt to do something to address the cause of social dysfunction in the Black Community has been demagogued with Political Correctness.

From the time of its publication, the report has been sharply attacked by Black American and civil rights leaders as examples of white patronizing, cultural bias, or racism. At various times the report has been condemned or dismissed by the N.A.A.C.P. and other civil rights groups, and leaders such as Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton. Critics accused Moynihan of relying on stereotypes of the Black family and Black men, implied that blacks had inferior academic performance, portrayed crime and pathology as endemic to the black community, and failed to recognize that both cultural bias and racism in standardized tests had contributed to apparent lower achievement by blacks in school.[9] The report was criticized for threatening to undermine the place of civil rights on the national agenda, leaving "a vacuum that could be filled with a politics that blamed Blacks for their own troubles."[10]

In 1987, Hortense Spillers, a Black feminist academic, criticized the Moynihan Report on semantic grounds for its use of "matriarchy" and "patriarchy" when describing the African-American family. She argues that the terminology used to define White families cannot be used to define African-American families because of the way slavery has affected the African-American family.[11]

Try on this site. Try arguing that the collapse of the Black Family is the real problem causing black crime.

Libs don't argue with you. They call you a racist.

This is a good example of someone calling this PC. Now If you want to call this Political Correctness, I think that is your opinion on what it is . I think the NAACP, Jackson, Sharpton and Spillers are entitled to their opinion as well. I will concede that these are liberals and organizations that have been liberal in the past. I'm not sure about the politics of Ms. Spillers. I think her argument is full of shit.

Lets look at it for a second. Conservatives are famous for wanting local school boards, governments, etc... to have the power to spend money instead of some bureaucrat in Washington. I understand the argument is based on (in part) proximity and on (in part) an understanding of local needs. I can hear echoes of that argument from Jackson, Sharpton and the civil rights groups--that a bunch of white guys will hand down the problems in the black community.

From what you wrote, it seems spot on. Also seems like a case of "duh".

IF you want to call it PC...sure. It seems like some opinions to me. Is there a difference? I'm not sure.

Standard lib dishonesty.

Was I being unPC? Oh my.

He made this claim, "to keep your target on the defensive and control the conversation" therefore imply that he is getting put on the defensive. That's on him.

Standard lib dishonesty.

Was I being unPC? Oh my.

Yep, it's who they are, and they don't stop, even when it's pointed out.

That's how zealots behave.
Why are you quoting my posts if you have me on ignore?

Standard lib dishonesty.

Was I being unPC? Oh my.

He made this claim, "to keep your target on the defensive and control the conversation" therefore imply that he is getting put on the defensive. That's on him.

Conservatives have a lot to answer for nowadays with a party in shambles, no plans for the future, a congress they control that is missing in action, etc.... So they have a lot to defend.

Forum List

Back