What's Up With Pizza Hut?

For some odd reason, I am having a strange craving for Chicago-style pizza at 3 in the morning! Man, I could eat a whole large pizza right about now!

My local guy makes:
  • 13 different giant custom salads.
  • 8 appetizers including pepperoni rolls and chicken wing.
  • 21 different hoagies including fish and a gigantic hoagie called the Flying Pig (1/2 is a meal).
  • 10 different calzone.
  • 10 different types of pasta dinners (which include salad and garlic bread). They cater food too and the pasta is amazing.
  • 22 types of custom pizza + Sicilian + make your own.
  • 6 kinds of delicious desert pies.
Chains operate off TV advertising; local private places depend on good food and earned reputation, not marketing and big signs along the street.

For some odd reason, I am having a strange craving for Chicago-style pizza at 3 in the morning! Man, I could eat a whole large pizza right about now!

I miss an old place around here which made a pizza duo, which was kind of like two pizzas on top of each other with sauce and cheese in the middle.

https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=http%3A%2F%2F4.bp.blogspot.com%2F-GfGppSmwWic%2FVWVDvpsGkBI%2FAAAAAAAAMrk%2FoKmyNIf3dus%2Fs1600%2F05%252Bdeep%252Bedge.jpg&f=1&nofb=1&ipt=27d7b31ea9f1747a2f4998f85d192df834b10af3930f49f075f9e6dc6b3e2976&ipo=images

They also made a fantastic desert pizza which was sort of sweet and crispy. Yum.

My local guy makes:
  • 13 different giant custom salads.
  • 8 appetizers including pepperoni rolls and chicken wing.
  • 21 different hoagies including fish and a gigantic hoagie called the Flying Pig (1/2 is a meal).
  • 10 different calzone.
  • 10 different types of pasta dinners (which include salad and garlic bread). They cater food too and the pasta is amazing.
  • 22 types of custom pizza + Sicilian + make your own.
  • 6 kinds of delicious desert pies.
Chains operate off TV advertising; local private places depend on good food and earned reputation, not marketing and big signs along the street.
When I was living in Boston, MA - there was this really cool place where you could get pizzas and subs (even in the middle of the night!). They were open almost 24 hours a day. But only served on weekends. Anyways, they would serve pizzas and subs that were much better than Subway and Pizza Hut combined!
They closed down in 2000, so they are no longer around. It was called Carl's Pizza Joint (yes, that was the REAL name of the place). They were located near Fenway Park (where the Red Sox play).

They even had breakfast pizzas and subs - scrambled eggs, bacon, green peppers and onions and cheese on a bagel (made into a personal pizza). As well, as the same for subs on hoagie rolls. The sub rolls were baked on the spot! As well, as the pizza dough.
I missed that place!

Forum List

Back