Why is everyone on Jason Tatum's case? The Celtics are dominating the playoffs.

MarathonMike

Diamond Member
Dec 30, 2014
The Southwestern Desert
It's like if he doesn't score 30, he was weak and had a bad game. That's BS. The Celtics are a coaches dream. They don't rely on one guy like the Mavericks or the Nuggets. And basketball is way more than scoring Tatum affects the game in different ways. They are the most balanced team I've seen in a long time.

It's like if he doesn't score 30, he was weak and had a bad game. That's BS. The Celtics are a coaches dream. They don't rely on one guy like the Mavericks or the Nuggets. And basketball is way more than scoring Tatum affects the game in different ways. They are the most balanced team I've seen in a long time.

Jealousy; nothing but! He's rich, talented, & much too good looking! They can't stand it! :p ;):auiqs.jpg:

I would LOVE to have him on the SUNS, we might have a chance then.

Y'all just want to snatch up all the talent into The West! I don't pay much attention to regular season B-Ball after the days of Duncan winning! Even though The East has won their share of championships w/ The Celtics, Pistons, Bulls, Miami, & Phili, the overall Conference has been weak for decades! The West owners spend money a lit'l more liberally & it's paid off w/ The Lakers, Warriors, etc.! I remember visiting Chgo. 20+ years ago when the Bulls were terrible after Jordan & the Jordanaires scattered! There was this strange anomoly of only 2 teams in the East above .500 after the month of Dec. games played! The West had obviously gotten fat beating up on the East who sent at least 1 team into the playoffs finishing under .500! It hasn't changed that much unless I'm missing something! :stir: :p;):meow::rolleyes:

Y'all just want to snatch up all the talent into The West! I don't pay much attention to regular season B-Ball after the days of Duncan winning! Even though The East has won their share of championships w/ The Celtics, Pistons, Bulls, Miami, & Phili, the overall Conference has been weak for decades! The West owners spend money a lit'l more liberally & it's paid off w/ The Lakers, Warriors, etc.! I remember visiting Chgo. 20+ years ago when the Bulls were terrible after Jordan & the Jordanaires scattered! There was this strange anomoly of only 2 teams in the East above .500 after the month of Dec. games played! The West had obviously gotten fat beating up on the East who sent at least 1 team into the playoffs finishing under .500! It hasn't changed that much unless I'm missing something! :stir: :p;):meow::rolleyes:
I could care less about the other teams in the West. I just want Tatum and Maxie on the Suns so we can finally win a damn ring!

I could care less about the other teams in the West. I just want Tatum and Maxie on the Suns so we can finally win a damn ring!

Believe it or not, I've liked the Suns since the days of Majerle, Sir Charles, Ceballos, & Kevin J.! I liked the team & their uniforms! They've just been rather unlucky for the last 30 years even though winning 2 of 3 in Chicago/NBA Final of '93 during their hey days of the 90's! CP3 is cursed so that isn't on them when they blew it a couple seasons ago! :nono: :omg::oops::stir: :auiqs.jpg:

Last edited:
Believe it or not, I've liked the Suns since the days of Majerle, Sir Charles, Ceballos, & Kevin J.! I liked the team & their uniforms! They've just been rather unlucky for the last 30 years even though winning 2 of 3 in Chicago/NBA Final of '93 during their hey days of the 90's! CP3 is cursed so that isn't on them when they blew it a couple seasons ago! :nono: :omg::oops::stir: :auiqs.jpg:
It looked promising on paper when they picked up Durant and Beal to make a "big three" with Booker. Maybe Durant has one more good year in him and Beal can manage to stay healthy but I'm not holding my breath.

He's supposedly one of the best players in the league and habitually shrinks on the biggest stage. With the roster the Celtics have/have had they arguably should already have 2 rings and they have none. In large part because Tatum chokes.

Jealousy; nothing but! He's rich, talented, & much too good looking! They can't stand it! :p ;):auiqs.jpg:

I'll take he's shooting 31% from the field and 28% from 3 in the finals for 1000 Alex......

He's supposedly one of the best players in the league and habitually shrinks on the biggest stage. With the roster the Celtics have/have had they arguably should already have 2 rings and they have none. In large part because Tatum chokes.
I'll take that "choker" on the Suns any day of the week. He's averaging 25 points and 10 rebounds a game in the playoffs and drawing double teams which opens up the floor to his teammates.

I'll take that "choker" on the Suns any day of the week. He's averaging 25 points and 10 rebounds a game in the playoffs and drawing double teams which opens up the floor to his teammates.
And choking in the Finals. He's missing lay ups and has no mid range or 3 point shot either. 31% from 3 is a bad percentage, he's shooting that from the field. He barely has 25 points over 2 games in the finals. He's taken 38 shots for 32 points. If Dallas wasnt a one man show this series would be at a minimum tied and Dallas might be up 2 games going home. Either way the Celtics are winning despite Tatum not because of him in this series. He's at best the 3rd best player on his team and maybe the 4th right now in this series. You have to expect that analysts are going to kill you if you're supposed to be a top 5 guy in the league and playing like that.

And choking in the Finals. He's missing lay ups and has no mid range or 3 point shot either. 31% from 3 is a bad percentage, he's shooting that from the field. He barely has 25 points over 2 games in the finals. He's taken 38 shots for 32 points. If Dallas wasnt a one man show this series would be at a minimum tied and Dallas might be up 2 games going home. Either way the Celtics are winning despite Tatum not because of him in this series. He's at best the 3rd best player on his team and maybe the 4th right now in this series. You have to expect that analysts are going to kill you if you're supposed to be a top 5 guy in the league and playing like that.
Game 1 - 16 points 11 rebounds 5 assists.
Game 2 - 18 points 9 rebounds 12 assists.
Those are hardly "choker" stats. Damn near triple double average. Jason Kidd, is that you desperately trying to stir up shit in the Celtics locker room because you can't win?

Game 1 - 16 points 11 rebounds 5 assists.
Game 2 - 18 points 9 rebounds 12 assists.
Those are hardly "choker" stats. Damn near triple double average. Jason Kidd, is that you desperately trying to stir up shit in the Celtics locker room because you can't win?
On 38 shots. Any NBA player who takes enough shots will eventually make some of them.

OP was wondering why people were killing Tatum. That's why. Tatum averaged 27 on 47% shooting in the regular season. His numbers fell off a cliff in the first 2 games of the finals. He may have something lodged in his throat. And it's not like it's just these 2 games in the finals

He's got issues when the lights are brightest. He's played 8 games in the finals. In 2 of them he's shot under 30%. In 1 it was under 20. He's only shot above 40 twice. 40% is good from 3 not the field. When you are considered a top 10 player in the league, playing with a stacked roster, looking for a big contract you're going to get some extra scrutiny.

I am not convinced nor sold on them. It is more what DAL is not doing at this point. Now I could be wrong and the reason DAL looks bad is BOS defense but...... It could be some of Luca with cracked ribs or whatever? Kyree choked out a bit or is it Drue Holliday defense?

I am thinking DAL will right the ship and turn it around winning games 3,4.
BOS shot like crap also. Barely winning in game2 that appeared a blowout. Yes, they could have lost Game 2.

I am not convinced nor sold on them. It is more what DAL is not doing at this point. Now I could be wrong and the reason DAL looks bad is BOS defense but...... It could be some of Luca with cracked ribs or whatever? Kyree choked out a bit or is it Drue Holliday defense?

I am thinking DAL will right the ship and turn it around winning games 3,4.
BOS shot like crap also. Barely winning in game2 that appeared a blowout. Yes, they could have lost Game 2.
Well he dropped 31 tonight, but honestly Brown was the dominant player and should be the finals MVP. I still take Tatum on the Suns any day of the week!

Well he dropped 31 tonight, but honestly Brown was the dominant player and should be the finals MVP. I still take Tatum on the Suns any day of the week!

Looks like your right. They stopped Luca (no one else could), made Kyree look so-so in BOS and small in DAL.

I backed the wrong horse. DAL can’t play with BOSTONs best game.

Looks like your right. They stopped Luca (no one else could), made Kyree look so-so in BOS and small in DAL.

I backed the wrong horse. DAL can’t play with BOSTONs best game.
I didn't watch the second half, Luca fouled out? Wow. The Celtics 5 is just better than anyone else's 5 I think that's what it really comes down to. All the experts were saying not having Porzingis was going to be huge and Dallas would win handily. Boston didn't even miss him.

I didn't watch the second half, Luca fouled out? Wow. The Celtics 5 is just better than anyone else's 5 I think that's what it really comes down to. All the experts were saying not having Porzingis was going to be huge and Dallas would win handily. Boston didn't even miss him.

With over 4 min left on a questionable block in a 3pt game.

But Luca has looked a bit slow in this series anyway? Maybe the ribs are really hurting? He was heavily wrapped and taped up last three games?

Forum List

Back