Why is heroin used intravenously?

Overdose is not a significant problem there, that's for sure. If there were frequent overdoses, no one would live more than a year. They inject several times a day. In some, the body digests any dose. Overdose leads to respiratory depression, but rarely die from this.

There the main problem is that injections kill veins and infections, and also in the fact that they inject non-sterile solutions

Not a significant problem? Try 13,000 deaths in 2019 from heroin overdose.

from: Heroin Overdose Data | Drug Overdose | CDC Injury Center
"In 2020, heroin-involved overdose death rates decreased nearly 7% from 2019 to 2020. However, more than 13,000 people died from a drug overdose involving heroin in the United States, a rate of more than four deaths for every 100,000 Americans. The number of heroin-involved overdose deaths was nearly seven times higher in 2020 than in 1999. Nearly 20% of all opioid deaths involved heroin"

Trusted dealers?? Are you nuts?

Well, obviously you are. You think all dogs should be exterminated but you think there are trusted drug dealers.

And pretty much all heroin is "stepped on", meaning it is mixed with something to increase the profit margin. Addicts do not know how pure the heroin is, and so they do not know how much is a lethal dose.
I don’t know how it is in the USA, about Russia, heroin would not even be sold to a stranger, it is usually taken through intermediaries. Russia has very strict laws regarding heroin. Dealers don't want to take risks. At the time when I knew a few of the guys who did it, it was like that, now it’s maybe differently, but now there are almost no heroin addicts in the Russian Federation

Not a significant problem? Try 13,000 deaths in 2019 from heroin overdose.

from: Heroin Overdose Data | Drug Overdose | CDC Injury Center
"In 2020, heroin-involved overdose death rates decreased nearly 7% from 2019 to 2020. However, more than 13,000 people died from a drug overdose involving heroin in the United States, a rate of more than four deaths for every 100,000 Americans. The number of heroin-involved overdose deaths was nearly seven times higher in 2020 than in 1999. Nearly 20% of all opioid deaths involved heroin"
I think this is a misleading statistic. Few die from overdoses. Some have been using all their lives, for about 40 years. If the chance of dying from an overdose were high, no one would live long.

In general, deaths from heroin do not happen all that often. Basically, all opiate addicts in the Russian Federation died from desomorphine.

I think this is a misleading statistic. Few die from overdoses. Some have been using all their lives, for about 40 years. If the chance of dying from an overdose were high, no one would live long.

In general, deaths from heroin do not happen all that often. Basically, all opiate addicts in the Russian Federation died from desomorphine.
... and honest discussion ends with a fizzle.

"I reject the data and substitute my gut feelings."

I don’t know how it is in the USA, about Russia, heroin would not even be sold to a stranger, it is usually taken through intermediaries. Russia has very strict laws regarding heroin. Dealers don't want to take risks. At the time when I knew a few of the guys who did it, it was like that, now it’s maybe differently, but now there are almost no heroin addicts in the Russian Federation

It must have happened in the last few years.

Yeah, I should have listened to you rather than the CDC. lol

... and honest discussion ends with a fizzle.

"I reject the data and substitute my gut feelings."
These are not feelings. Somewhere before 2005, a lot of people used heroin in Russia. This was especially common in the 90s, when heroin was cheap, and drug addicts were less terrorized by the police. I think that in the cities there were about 5% of all young people aged 15-30. It was not only heroin, there was a lot of raw opium, and poppy straw, from which they made it handicraft. in addition, they collected wild-growing poppy, it was also quite a lot. I know very few cases of death, there were almost none. Massive deaths began precisely when they began to use desomorphine

It must have happened in the last few years.

This is a lie. In 2014, there was no heroin in Russia at all. It was used only by the rich, the children of deputies and bankers.

This is a lie. In 2014, there was no heroin in Russia at all. It was used only by the rich, the children of deputies and bankers.

So was there none? Or was it only used by the rich and children of deputies & bankers? Can't have it both ways.

Apparently you do not know any more about drug use in Russia than you do about constitutional law in the US.

So was there none? Or was it only used by the rich and children of deputies & bankers? Can't have it both ways.

Apparently you do not know any more about drug use in Russia than you do about constitutional law in the US.
Around 2005, heroin began to quickly disappear from the shadow circulation. Maybe it was, but small and of poor quality. At the same time, pharmacies began to sell codeine-containing substances, from which heroin addicts made desomorphine. These pills were not properly controlled, although it was written everywhere that it had acquired the proportions of a national catastrophe and millions died. The ministries did not react. It was a conscious policy of getting rid of opiate addicts. In 2014, only a few remained. I haven't seen a single heroin addict at all. It was just the year when there was a coup in Ukraine and the whole of Europe was poked in the face in shit.

Around 2005, heroin began to quickly disappear from the shadow circulation. Maybe it was, but small and of poor quality. At the same time, pharmacies began to sell codeine-containing substances, from which heroin addicts made desomorphine. These pills were not properly controlled, although it was written everywhere that it had acquired the proportions of a national catastrophe and millions died. The ministries did not react. It was a conscious policy of getting rid of opiate addicts. In 2014, only a few remained. I haven't seen a single heroin addict at all. It was just the year when there was a coup in Ukraine and the whole of Europe was poked in the face in shit.

It seems you are unaware of what is going on in your own country. None? LMAO!!

Basically, this coincides with the Clinton purges a bit belatedly, although in the US it probably wasn't as brutal. They started with the murder of Kurt Cobain, and around 96 officially declared war on heroin chic. It probably didn't get that far in the US because of Bush Jr., and also because Americans are rich enough not to buy shit like codeine and find something else, at least amphetamine

It seems you are unaware of what is going on in your own country. None? LMAO!!
This is a lie. In 14, there was no heroin for a long time and all heroin addicts who did not quit died from desomorphine

Surely these lies were spread by the leftist Obama administrations. Why this was necessary is not clear, perhaps it was simply cover someone's dirty deals in the Russian Federation.

Forum List

Back