Why is it that everything is a conspiracy?

i know youre [sic] not claiming to define them. You dont [sic] have that power. Yes words mean things. Just because they mean one thing to you doesnt [sic] make them mean the same thing to other people.

humptytop.gif

humptybottom.gif

"I don't know what you mean by 'glory'," Alice said.

Humpty Dumpty smiled contemptuously. "Of course you don't- till I tell you. I meant 'there's a nice knock-down argument for you!'"

"But 'glory' doesn't mean 'a nice knock-down argument'," Alice objected.

"When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said, in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean- neither more nor less."

"The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."

"The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master-that's all."

Alice was too much puzzled to say anything; so after a minute Humpty Dumpty began again. "They've a temper some of them- particularly verbs: they're the proudest- adjectives you can do anything with, but not verbs- however, I can manage the whole lot of them! Impenetrability! That's what I say!"

Through the Looking Glass, Ch. VI​

Meanwhile, out herein the real world, as distinguished from the Lewis Carroll Wonderland in which you live…

i know youre [sic] not claiming to define them. You dont [sic] have that power. Yes words mean things. Just because they mean one thing to you doesnt [sic] make them mean the same thing to other people.

humptytop.gif

humptybottom.gif

"I don't know what you mean by 'glory'," Alice said.

Humpty Dumpty smiled contemptuously. "Of course you don't- till I tell you. I meant 'there's a nice knock-down argument for you!'"

"But 'glory' doesn't mean 'a nice knock-down argument'," Alice objected.

"When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said, in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean- neither more nor less."

"The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."

"The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master-that's all."

Alice was too much puzzled to say anything; so after a minute Humpty Dumpty began again. "They've a temper some of them- particularly verbs: they're the proudest- adjectives you can do anything with, but not verbs- however, I can manage the whole lot of them! Impenetrability! That's what I say!"

Through the Looking Glass, Ch. VI​

Meanwhile, out herein the real world, as distinguished from the Lewis Carroll Wonderland in which you live…

Lewis Carroll was white. Please quote someone relevant.

Has anyone else noticed that in every instance whereby Trump does not get his way or someone disagrees with him, the root cause is either a conspiracy or something tantamount to being one?

I'm reminded of the "guy" at work who weekly or daily cannot get to work on time because "this happen" and "that happened," never once just admitting that he failed to get up in time, or plan ahead, or something else that corresponds to it being his fault and not someone else's. You believe the guy the first time it happens. You don't believe him any more once it becomes a pattern.

The same is what's going on with Trump. Everything that goes his way is as it should be. Everything that does not is someone else's fault, someone else being wrong or unfair, whole organs of society being arrayed against him. I mean really. Grow the hell up, Trump.
What is a conspiracy when it comes to Trump?

Has anyone else noticed that in every instance whereby Trump does not get his way or someone disagrees with him, the root cause is either a conspiracy or something tantamount to being one?

I'm reminded of the "guy" at work who weekly or daily cannot get to work on time because "this happen" and "that happened," never once just admitting that he failed to get up in time, or plan ahead, or something else that corresponds to it being his fault and not someone else's. You believe the guy the first time it happens. You don't believe him any more once it becomes a pattern.

The same is what's going on with Trump. Everything that goes his way is as it should be. Everything that does not is someone else's fault, someone else being wrong or unfair, whole organs of society being arrayed against him. I mean really. Grow the hell up, Trump.

Birthplace. He obviously was born in Germany.

Pretty much anything whereby two or more individuals disagree with him.

Pretty much anything whereby two or more individuals disagree with him.
No that just makes them wrong and him right. So come on some example of some conspiracy please.

stunningly talented politician

That's an ostensible and illusory description, and I am not referring to the noun.
the lawfirm ? Ostensible Hillusory and Howe.

The noun in the description I quoted is "politician" not "law firm." I said I was not referring to the noun in the description you wrote. That leaves only the adjective and adverb that modify the noun and adjective.

Last edited:

That's an ostensible and illusory description, and I am not referring to the noun.

The noun in the description I quoted is "politician" not "law firm." I said I was not referring to the noun in the description you wrote. That leaves only the adjective and adverb that modify the noun and adjective.
i only finished sixth grade.

Okay. Well, given that is so. Would you like me to explain further?

Okay. Well, given that is so. Would you like me to explain further?
please, by all means.

Forum List

Back