Why is it the dems want the govt to regulate everything but the FED?

TNHarley

Diamond Member
Sep 27, 2012
U.S. House committee approves bill to increase scrutiny of Fed

A Republican-controlled committee of lawmakers approved a bill on Tuesday to allow a congressional audit of Federal Reserve monetary policy, a proposal Fed policymakers have opposed and which faces an uncertain path to final approval.
Democrats uniformly spoke against the proposal during a meeting of the House of Representatives Committee on Oversight and Government Reform, suggesting the bill would face stronger resistance than in the past.
"We should not in any way hinder their independence," said Representative Carolyn Maloney, a New York Democrat, echoing the sentiment of Fed policymakers who say they could come under political pressure to avoid making unpopular decisions such as raising interest rates to slow growth and control inflation.
The next step for the bill would be a floor vote by the entire House, where Republicans hold a solid majority.
?
Good luck answering that one with a strait face

OP is corrupted. Who says and with what evidence do thinking people believe that everything should be regulated, according to the Dems?

The more correct OP would be "why not audit the Fed?"

I think it is a good idea, myself.

OP is corrupted. Who says and with what evidence do thinking people believe that everything should be regulated, according to the Dems?

Give me a fucking break fakey

what is corrupt about the OP? it states right here what the title suggests:
"Democrats uniformly spoke against the proposal during a meeting of the House of Representatives Committee on Oversight and Government Refor"

What positive would it achieve? Before QE it made no sense at all to me. Now we know the fed holds something like 4 trillion on its balance sheet. A couple of weeks ago, we saw a story reporting, I think, that Yellen said they'd hold bonds to maturity .... and then just let them die.

Write like a turd, you will have your stink spread around.

I do think the fed should be audited.

Write like a turd, you will have your stink spread around.

I do think the fed should be audited.
how have you not accidently killed yourself yet?

Gee, I don't know, because they are constantly trying to regulate everything?

They want to force your daughters to shower with mentally ill grown men but don't want to touch this... WTF?

Forum List

Back