Why is Liberal Radio Such a Flop?

I don't listen to talk radio to inform me. I listen to it for entertainment. I find conservative radio hosts more entertaining. Most of them are full of shit too, but at least they keep we awake.

Talk Radio in general is geared heavily toward the more elderly, senior population. Younger generations rarely listen heavily to talk radio, if ever. Kind of the same reason newspapers are dying, social media and the internet are taking over the market for younger crowds.

It's common knowledge that senior populations vote more conservatively, so talk radio tends to be dominated by conservative hosts, because it's much easier for them to reach success because older crowds aren't interested in social media or internet news sites and thus the conservative talk radio hosts won't have to compete with them.

If a liberal talk radio hosts ever does try to compete then they often go head to head with social media and the like and almost always lose out.

Make no mistake, talk radio in general is dying, it's just that old people are still around (for now...) to keep Rush and the rest alive. I think Rush's audience's average age was posted to be 71 a while ago.....SEVENTY ONE....AVERAGE AGE....think about that.

Last edited:
Because they are angry people and all of them try too hard to sound smart, when they just end up looking like poseurs playing a part. Plus, their agenda is way out of the mainstream of thought.

And, they lack the skills and think they are so smart that no one will care.

Smart is bad....yes, we get it. :D

I believe he meant pretentious. Evidently you don't get it. :lol:

Last edited:
I don't listen to talk radio to inform me. I listen to it for entertainment. I find conservative radio hosts more entertaining. Most of them are full of shit too, but at least they keep we awake.

you mean watching martin bashir fantasize of sh*thing in Palin's mouth doesnt do it for you for entertainment?

or is that serious news to an idiot like you?

There's certainly enough Libs in America to support liberal talk radio but it never seems to succeed. I'm not extolling the virtues of Con radio because it nuts but at least it's entertaining.
I'm guessing it is because once Libs hear themselves and each other speak they are embarrassed by their silliness.
Any other logical reasons?

Actually the better question is why right wing radio is so successful. And the question and answer is: Who spends the most time in their cars (trucks?). Truckers, Bible salesmen, carnival workers, delivery workers, and other unskilled, high school educated laborers.
The other segment of those radio listeners are over 65, retired, white and watching Fox when they aren't listening to Rush.

Liberals use their iPhone to read the WSJ online, and get the latest on the NYT app.

Last edited:
Talk Radio in general is geared heavily toward the more elderly, senior population. Younger generations rarely listen heavily to talk radio, if ever. Kind of the same reason newspapers are dying, social media and the internet are taking over the market for younger crowds.

It's common knowledge that senior populations vote more conservatively, so talk radio tends to be dominated by conservative hosts, because it's much easier for them to reach success because older crowds aren't interested in social media or internet news sites and thus the conservative talk radio hosts won't have to compete with them.

If a liberal talk radio hosts ever does try to compete then they often go head to head with social media and the like and almost always lose out.

Make no mistake, talk radio in general is dying, it's just that old people are still around (for now...) to keep Rush and the rest alive. I think Rush's audience's average age was posted to be 71 a while ago.....SEVENTY ONE....AVERAGE AGE....think about that.

i happen to believe older people are generally wiser.

America is greying overall and FAST.

think about that

There's certainly enough Libs in America to support liberal talk radio but it never seems to succeed. I'm not extolling the virtues of Con radio because it nuts but at least it's entertaining.
I'm guessing it is because once Libs hear themselves and each other speak they are embarrassed by their silliness.
I don't know why you say that liberalism in radio is a failure. Liberalism is a failure and so the radio programs simply follow that trend. You could say that liberal radio is a success because it perfectly mimics the ideology.

Dude, half of our elected officials are of the liberal variety. There must be something interesting in their POV.

you're right left-wing idiots; let's be guided by the youthful voices of people you've already brainwashed; who largely havent experienced life yet.

no wonder left-wing idiots sit around calling record welfare and food stamps "forward progress"

you mean watching martin bashir fantasize of sh*thing in Palin's mouth doesnt do it for you for entertainment?

That wasn't exactly what he said or did, but then again you probably got the twisted story on.....right wing radio.

Liberals are idealists, they don't want to hear the facts, they just want to simplify the issues down to right or wrong according to their ideology. Thus, the need to fully understand an issue is irrelevant, they just operate like the pussy brigade and have knee jerk reactions.

So are there no entertaining libs or is the ideology just boring?

That wasn't exactly what he said or did, but then again you probably got the twisted story on.....right wing radio.

you're right dork; i'm sure he didnt really mean he wanted to take a dump in her mouth; it just came out wrong!1

or out of context huh?

what an idiot you are

I don't know why you say that liberalism in radio is a failure. Liberalism is a failure and so the radio programs simply follow that trend. You could say that liberal radio is a success because it perfectly mimics the ideology.

Dude, half of our elected officials are of the liberal variety. There must be something interesting in their POV.
Why?

This does not pertain to JUST liberals, but why would you say that? Today's successful Politician (success is defined as actually getting elected, nothing more) is successful because they simply give away free shit, or promise to do so if elected.

Forum List

Back