Why is Liberal Radio Such a Flop?

There's certainly enough Libs in America to support liberal talk radio but it never seems to succeed. I'm not extolling the virtues of Con radio because it nuts but at least it's entertaining.
I'm guessing it is because once Libs hear themselves and each other speak they are embarrassed by their silliness.
Any other logical reasons?

Because the right wing needs limbaugh and hannity to tell them how to think?

no, we just like to hear people who dont think of the 60s as the golden years

Liberals are idealists, they don't want to hear the facts, they just want to simplify the issues down to right or wrong according to their ideology. Thus, the need to fully understand an issue is irrelevant, they just operate like the pussy brigade and have knee jerk reactions.

And what does the right want to hear? Whatever Darrell Issa and Rush tell them? Yup.

Did you hear Rush LimpBalls trying to defend Donald Sterling? Said it was all that woman's fault. Hilarious. And his lapdog audience just ate it up. You lap out of the same foul bowl?

LOL...I don't listen to el rushbo, I think for myself. You are right, conservative radio can be boorish...and those who listen for talking points are lemmings. But, with that said, there are many who listen to talk radio to learn more about a particular topic. Regretfully, liberals don't need to know facts beyond what they already believe and know.

From what I see among liberals and conservatives...a conservative is more likely to disagree with a fellow conservative than a liberal is to disagree with a fellow liberal. That, IMO, is the result of getting all of the facts and making independent decisions as opposed to blindly following an ideology.

I've been on this forum for a couple years, one of the most popular right wing retorts is
"I don't listen to rush". Sure.

There's certainly enough Libs in America to support liberal talk radio but it never seems to succeed. I'm not extolling the virtues of Con radio because it nuts but at least it's entertaining.
I'm guessing it is because once Libs hear themselves and each other speak they are embarrassed by their silliness.

The ratings at MSNBC are in the crapper.
Maybe Maddow gets decent numbers....

Maybe all the Libs are watching FOX :D

And what does the right want to hear? Whatever Darrell Issa and Rush tell them? Yup.

Did you hear Rush LimpBalls trying to defend Donald Sterling? Said it was all that woman's fault. Hilarious. And his lapdog audience just ate it up. You lap out of the same foul bowl?

LOL...I don't listen to el rushbo, I think for myself. You are right, conservative radio can be boorish...and those who listen for talking points are lemmings. But, with that said, there are many who listen to talk radio to learn more about a particular topic. Regretfully, liberals don't need to know facts beyond what they already believe and know.

From what I see among liberals and conservatives...a conservative is more likely to disagree with a fellow conservative than a liberal is to disagree with a fellow liberal. That, IMO, is the result of getting all of the facts and making independent decisions as opposed to blindly following an ideology.

I've been on this forum for a couple years, one of the most popular right wing retorts is
"I don't listen to rush". Sure.

Probably because most conservatives don't listen to Rush. I personally don't like hosts who don't have guests or allow dissenting opinions on their program.

Look. Liberals and Conservatives are going to find entertainment in different venues. Just because Liberal radio talk shows don't draw an audience does not mean that Liberals don't listen to the radio. We listen to NPR.

Just as you won't find a lot of Conservatives lining up for a Willem DeKooning exhibition at MOMA, you won't find a lot of Liberals at a NASCAR match. You won't find a lot of Conservatives tuning into Downton Abbey and there won't be that many Liberals subscribing to a wrestle mania pay per view event.

Liberals don't break down the doors at a gun show and Conservatives won't line up for Madame Butterfly tickets at The Met.

Last edited:
Look. Liberals and Conservatives are going to find entertainment in different venues. Just because Liberal radio talk shows don't draw an audience does not mean that Liberals don't listen to the radio. We listen to NPR.

Just as you won't find a lot of Conservatives lining up for a Willem DeKooning exhibition at MOMA, you won't find a lot of Liberals at a NASCAR match. You won't find a lot of Conservatives tuning into Downton Abbey and there won't be that many Liberals subscribing to a wrestle mania pay per view event.

Liberals don't break down the doors at a gun show and Conservatives won't line up for Madame Butterfly tickets at The Met.
You make a LOT of generalizations there that I would disagree with if I cared to argue about it. But I will say, it isn't a NASCAR match. It would be a race...just saying.

You make a LOT of generalizations there that I would disagree with if I cared to argue about it. But I will say, it isn't a NASCAR match. It would be a race...just saying.
I thought it had something to do with advertising! Now you tell me it's a race?

Rush is fun, informative and entertaining, in comparison libs sound like Gollum

Sent from smartphone using my wits and Taptalk

Because they are angry people and all of them try too hard to sound smart, when they just end up looking like poseurs playing a part. Plus, their agenda is way out of the mainstream of thought.

And, they lack the skills and think they are so smart that no one will care.
Well no.

AM radio is a very old medium. If Liberals are listening to radio? It's music.

Advertisers know this and don't bother.

Liberal radio is a flop? I take it then you believe that National Public Radio isn't liberal,

because it has 2 shows in the top 4.

And were it not for taxpayer dollars it would have folded up shop years ago.

Taxpayer dollars pay for what ads for fad diets and fake boner pills pay for on commercial radio.

All Things Considered and Morning Edition on PBS radio have audiences about the same as Limbaugh and Hannity.

Because the right wing needs limbaugh and hannity to tell them how to think?

That's how you explain Lib talk radio's repeated failures?
Woo ... now I see why it fails. :cuckoo:

...leaving them little time to participate in Lib talk radio! A viable retort to my theory but I am not swayed. :D

...leaving them little time to participate in Lib talk radio! A viable retort to my theory but I am not swayed. :D

Well I have to say...if all it took was "libs hear themselves speak" to shut down liberal talk radio....why doesn't the same thing happen to all the liberal youtube channels?

Heck, on those you not only hear yourself, you can SEE yourself too!

But ... but ... NYCarbineer says Lib talk radio is a smashing success. The fact is this thread isn't about where you get your marching orders but rather why Lib talk radio is so freakin' BORING that it regularly fails.

I thought it had something to do with advertising! Now you tell me it's a race?

Nah, you were right ... it's an advertising match.

Because they are angry people and all of them try too hard to sound smart, when they just end up looking like poseurs playing a part. Plus, their agenda is way out of the mainstream of thought.

And, they lack the skills and think they are so smart that no one will care.

And who but leftist nutballs that already hate America and blame it for all the ills of the world even listen?

Well I have to say...if all it took was "libs hear themselves speak" to shut down liberal talk radio....why doesn't the same thing happen to all the liberal youtube channels?

Heck, on those you not only hear yourself, you can SEE yourself too!

Soooo you're saying Lib talk radio sucks because libs can't see themselves? Interesting.

One day the rightwing nuts are crying about the domination of the 'liberal' media, the next day they're crowing about how much conservatism dominates radio.

And the next day they'll be bragging up Foxnews' ratings.

So which is it?

Liberal radio is a flop? I take it then you believe that National Public Radio isn't liberal,

because it has 2 shows in the top 4.

Don't forget part of it's revenue comes from the taxpayers. Would it be doing as well if it had to compete in the market without that? The fact the rest of liberal talk radio that does that does not fare very well suggest it wouldn't.

Forum List

Back