Why is nobody talking about the illegal imprisonment of Kaci Hickox?

FREAKING OUT is acting like this nurse has been wrongfully 'imprisoned' or 'treated like a criminal'.

imo she looks like an arrogant twit for threatening to sue new jersey as they scramble to protect citizens from winding up in quarantine themselves!

in the meantime new york decided on a compromise going forward which would allow people like her to go home and self isolate...
She's being kept in an unheated tent with no access to a shower or bathroom.

Now they've put a 5 year old in isolation even though he had no symptoms, though after a night in the hospital he developed a slight fever.

Can these people sue if they get sick in the hospital from some other communicable disease?

Had the doctor who has now entered the second stage of the disease self quarantined the solution of self quarantine might be trusted.

She should be kept in quarantine until there is no threat of contagion. There is no civil right to spread a deadly disease.

Agreed. She reportedly had a low-grade fever when tested and that prompted the quarantine. If I were a healthcare worker in critical and deadly conditions, while helping others I would self-quarantine, when coming back home. It is the responsible thing to do. Why take chances of possibly infecting others. She should be ashamed. I wouldn't be around anyone who just came back from treating others with a deadly transmittable disease.

"She [Hickox] hasn't had a fever since that one scan at the airport and is showing no symptoms. :eusa_think:

"To quarantine everyone in case, when you cannot predict who will develop Ebola or not, and to make me stay for 21 days to not be with my family, to put me through this emotional and physical stress, is completely unacceptable," she said.

Her attorney agrees, and told ABC News he's planning on filing a federal lawsuit challenging the quarantine, and hopes to see her released very soon."

Quarantined nurse Treatment is completely unacceptable

She's being transferred to Maine where she is expected to be able to self quarantine at home.

Yes, we know she lawyered-up. Let them have breakfast with her.
:rolleyes:

Civil liberties attorney Norman Siegel said Kaci Hickox, who was quarantined after arriving Friday at the Newark airport, shows no symptoms of being infected and should be released immediately. He and attorney Steven Hyman said the state attorney general’s office had cooperated in getting them access to Hickox.

Christie overreacted to make points with the right

Now its....oops ...never mind

Yes, we know she lawyered-up. Let them have breakfast with her.
:rolleyes:

Civil liberties attorney Norman Siegel said Kaci Hickox, who was quarantined after arriving Friday at the Newark airport, shows no symptoms of being infected and should be released immediately. He and attorney Steven Hyman said the state attorney general’s office had cooperated in getting them access to Hickox.

Again, the simple solution is to enforce a voluntary quarantine, and if the person violates it they become criminally liable for any deaths they cause if infected, and civilly liable for any costs relating to their treatment/movement/containment if they DO become infectious.

Doubtful. Christie is a leader, not an ideologue. He is looking out for the civil rights of all people, not just one. He is willing to accept consequences for his decisions. Protection of the citizens, first.

Doubtful. Christie is a leader, not an ideologue. He is looking out for the civil rights of all people, not just one. He is willing to accept consequences for his decisions. Protection of the citizens, first.

In retrospect...he did not protect anyone

Did make some points with Conservative fear mongerers though

Her name is Kaci Hickox.

Her name is Kaci Hickox.

Her name is Kaci Hickox.

In life, members of project America have names. Her name is Kaci Hickox.

kaci.jpg

Members of project America also have rights. They have the right to move about and live their lives without the government arbitrarily arresting and imprisoning them without good cause. Or, as a wiser man once said: The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized. So why is nobody talking about Kaci Hickox? Why has nobody objected? Why is it that no one has blinked an eye? That Kaci Hickox can be arrested and imprisoned without warrant, without probable cause, without so much as a sneeze or even a whisper is testament of the power of Ebola fever--that most dangerous of diseases whereby fear dissolves all reason and love for liberty.

This is the United States of goddamned America! Is there none left who cherish their liberty?

Not one false conservative who claims to abhor over intrusive government has said a thing. Nor one Democrat who allege to stand guard against abuses the states may make against the principles of our federal protections. None can seem to give care of what this portends of the freedom of every single citizen. I challenge you now, look upon the face of Kaci Hickox and ignore this travesty of justice.

Medical quarantine is not being under arrest. Is she even saying "lemme out lemme out!" or are you just seizing this to whine like a little girl?

Her name is Kaci Hickox.

Her name is Kaci Hickox.

Her name is Kaci Hickox.

In life, members of project America have names. Her name is Kaci Hickox.

kaci.jpg

Members of project America also have rights. They have the right to move about and live their lives without the government arbitrarily arresting and imprisoning them without good cause. Or, as a wiser man once said: The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized. So why is nobody talking about Kaci Hickox? Why has nobody objected? Why is it that no one has blinked an eye? That Kaci Hickox can be arrested and imprisoned without warrant, without probable cause, without so much as a sneeze or even a whisper is testament of the power of Ebola fever--that most dangerous of diseases whereby fear dissolves all reason and love for liberty.

This is the United States of goddamned America! Is there none left who cherish their liberty?

Not one false conservative who claims to abhor over intrusive government has said a thing. Nor one Democrat who allege to stand guard against abuses the states may make against the principles of our federal protections. None can seem to give care of what this portends of the freedom of every single citizen. I challenge you now, look upon the face of Kaci Hickox and ignore this travesty of justice.

Wow, this is terrible. How many months has she been jailed? I heard she was quarantined for 21 days but I didn't hear about this!

I certainly understand that she should be in quarantine, for our past experiences with medical personnel inside the states proved that let alone in the hot zone. But taking away her rights to be with the public after that is questionable unless the experts have lengthened it to 42 days for those from West Africa. In that case I could send her a couple of good books.

Forum List

Back