Why is racism bad?

What is the harm in racism?

• There is no harm in racism.

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Lots of harm but I refuse to specify.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It hurts feelings and someone might cry.

• It hurts feelings and someone might use it as an excuse to fail.

• It hurts feelings and someone might not like it.

• It hurts feelings really bad.

• It does more than hurt feelings but I refuse to specify.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Racism is not bad. Ethno-centrism is what is bad.

If my culture of ignorance consistently yields superior results in my personal life, why should I bother learning the truth about the failed cultures around me? If my ignorance serves me well then shouldn't I embrace that ignorance rather than rejecting that ignorance in exchange for a diminished state of being?

If learning about another culture causes me harm then I would assert that you are attempting to poison me with ideas that you know to be dangerous. Why would you do that in good conscience?

Did you include "refuse to specify" because those answers will hurt your feelings? ... geez, man-up Bubba ...

Zoologically ... skin-color in humans are an orthographic variation ... Congolese have black skin for protection from the intense sunlight at the equator ... Laplanders have white skin to allow enough Vitamin D production in the far northern latitudes ... there's no known connection to brain function ...

Humans are a social critter, we thrive when we work together ... as the old saw says, "Two together can do the work of three alone" ... artificially dividing us up makes us all weaker, we all prosper when we eliminate "race" from our collective conscience ... Mississippi and Alabama are beautiful States, fertile soil, an industrious people; no reason they should be so poverty striken except they spend so much time and effort hating on each other ... Jim Crow hurts everybody ...

The DNA is clear ... we are all equal ... divisions are strictly artificial as an expression of hate ... and hate destroys us ...

Did you include "refuse to specify" because those answers will hurt your feelings? ... geez, man-up Bubba ...

Zoologically ... skin-color in humans are an orthographic variation ... Congolese have black skin for protection from the intense sunlight at the equator ... Laplanders have white skin to allow enough Vitamin D production in the far northern latitudes ... there's no known connection to brain function ...

Humans are a social critter, we thrive when we work together ... as the old saw says, "Two together can do the work of three alone" ... artificially dividing us up makes us all weaker, we all prosper when we eliminate "race" from our collective conscience ... Mississippi and Alabama are beautiful States, fertile soil, an industrious people; no reason they should be so poverty striken except they spend so much time and effort hating on each other ... Jim Crow hurts everybody ...

The DNA is clear ... we are all equal ... divisions are strictly artificial as an expression of hate ... and hate destroys us ...

Good argument. Why is hate so desireable??

What is actually bad is that the group of people who are most virulently racist are allowed to indulge in it to their hearts desire while the targets of their hatred are accused of racism if they so much as object to being targeted.

Last edited:
Good argument. Why is hate so desireable??

It's easier ... one must extinguish their own self-loathing and forgive themselves their own transgressions ... so much easier blaming someone else and folks different make for easier targets ... Fujis look funny, they don't belong in White America, they just take away the best jobs ...

I understand the Chinese government is a problem for us ... but the individual Chinese living here are part of the solution ... we're better working together in equality ... together we manifest higher culture ...

Why is racism bad and who is harmed by it?

"Racism" IS bad IF it involves any kind of physical threat or action or even unkind words.

"Racism" is NOT bad if it means that a person is wary of certain groups that have an unusually large proportion of violent or defiant or incompetent folks. In other words, it is OK for one to want to avoid dealing with dangerous individuals.

Forum List

Back