why is the left against drug testing for welfare?

TNHarley

Diamond Member
Sep 27, 2012
so why?
is it because u dont want them to better themselves?
you all care as much about their drug habbit as they do!
I seriously dont understand the justification to be against that

Probably comes down to money. It's easier to keep feeding them and let them die off than it is to put them in treatment. That and nobody really cares anyway.

so why?

Because liberals understand and respect the Constitution and its case law:

On February 26, 2013, a panel of the US Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit preliminarily found in Lebron v. Florida Department of Children and Families that suspicionless drug testing of welfare recipients is unconstitutional under the Fourth Amendment, and that requiring consent to such testing as a condition of receiving welfare violates the doctrine of unconstitutional conditions.

JURIST - Dateline

Liberals also understand the importance of limiting government authority, of requiring government to legislate in a consistent and Constitutional manner, where laws may not be predicated on animus toward a particular class of persons, absent a rational motive.

Welfare is part of the democrat base. The biggest enemy of the democrat party is intelligence and jobs so they do their best to keep their constituency stupid and broke.

Liberals intend a completely dumbed down, drugged up people wholly supported by the few people still able to work.

interesting..

What’s interesting is that the State of Florida was unable to provide the courts with any evidence that those applying for public assistance were any more likely to use illegal drugs than the general population. The drug testing law was consequently predicated on the fallacy that low income Americans who apply for public assistance are more prone to drug abuse.

The notion is therefore false that liberals ‘don’t want to help’ those addicted to drugs, or “don’t want them to better themselves” with regard to those receiving pubic assistance, because such a tiny percentage of the overall population would ‘need’ the ‘help.’

Welfare is part of the democrat base. The biggest enemy of the democrat party is intelligence and jobs so they do their best to keep their constituency stupid and broke.

Liberals intend a completely dumbed down, drugged up people wholly supported by the few people still able to work.

The above are examples of the ignorance and hate manifested by conservatives toward the less fortunate, and why we have a Constitution designed to protect citizens from such ignorance and hate.

so why?

What kind of sick passive sheep wouldn't be against drug testing for anybody?
When did we start groveling for this kind of anti-Constitutional abuse?

:cuckoo:

Last edited:
interesting..

What’s interesting is that the State of Florida was unable to provide the courts with any evidence that those applying for public assistance were any more likely to use illegal drugs than the general population. The drug testing law was consequently predicated on the fallacy that low income Americans who apply for public assistance are more prone to drug abuse.

The notion is therefore false that liberals ‘don’t want to help’ those addicted to drugs, or “don’t want them to better themselves” with regard to those receiving pubic assistance, because such a tiny percentage of the overall population would ‘need’ the ‘help.’

That ^^ too. How does being on welfare translate to "drug user"?
You have to be below a certain income/savings level to qualify for welfare. Drugs cost money, do they not?

so why?

Anybody applying for a job has to be drug tested. If they want to make money, they go through this. So there's no reason someone applying for free money shouldn't have to go through the same thing.

I think only those who have a drug problem should be tested not those who don't.

Just because someone is on welfare doesn't mean they're a druggie.

Despite what the masses think there are people on welfare who really need it.

interesting..

That ^^ too. How does being on welfare translate to "drug user"?
You have to be below a certain income/savings level to qualify for welfare. Drugs cost money, do they not?

To most conservatives, all pubic assistance applicants are thieves, and steal money for drugs.

sCuPqJo.png

Florida's welfare drug tests cost more money than state saves

Read more here: Florida's welfare drug tests cost more money than state saves, data shows - Politics Wires - MiamiHerald.com

Last edited:
so why?

Anybody applying for a job has to be drug tested. If they want to make money, they go through this. So there's no reason someone applying for free money shouldn't have to go through the same thing.

Bolshoi. I've never consented to a drug test in my life and I never will. And if more sheeple stood up for themselves and stopped rolling over on command we wouldn't have given them the inch in the first place.

so why?

Because it is wrong to assume that those on welfare are more likely to take drugs than those who are not.

Forum List

Back