why is the left against drug testing for welfare?

so why?
is it because u dont want them to better themselves?
you all care as much about their drug habbit as they do!
I seriously dont understand the justification to be against that

What kind of sick passive sheep wouldn't be against drug testing for anybody?
When did we start groveling for this kind of anti-Constitutional abuse?

:cuckoo:

Anybody applying for a job has to be drug tested. If they want to make money, they go through this. So there's no reason someone applying for free money shouldn't have to go through the same thing.

Your ignorance of the law is no excuse.

There is no Constitutional right to apply for a job, but there is Constitutional protection from unreasonable searches.

so why?

Because it is wrong to assume that those on welfare are more likely to take drugs than those who are not.

Isn't it AMAZING that right wing turds who scream it's the end of civilization if government wants them to submit to a background check to buy a lethal weapon, or hide under the bed if government wants their doctors to share medical histories...

YET, they have FULL faith that the same government should be trusted to make people pee in a cup and then GOVERNMENT gets to decide someone's fate.

so why?

Why should someone who uses drugs be ineligible for welfare?

I think only those who have a drug problem should be tested not those who don't.

Just because someone is on welfare doesn't mean they're a druggie.

Despite what the masses think there are people on welfare who really need it.

Ok...how many do you think will admit they have a drug problem? How do you know if they're not tested?

And of course everyone knows just because someone is on welfare it doesn't mean they're druggies....but testing would rule it out.

And...the "masses" know there are many people out there that really need it. But if you're applying for a job, you are going to be drug tested. Why shouldn't someone applying for free money and food also have to be tested?

Anybody applying for a job has to be drug tested. If they want to make money, they go through this. So there's no reason someone applying for free money shouldn't have to go through the same thing.

Bolshoi. I've never consented to a drug test in my life and I never will. And if more sheeple stood up for themselves and stopped rolling over on command we wouldn't have given them the inch in the first place.

So how many jobs did you lose out on because of it?

Bolshoi. I've never consented to a drug test in my life and I never will. And if more sheeple stood up for themselves and stopped rolling over on command we wouldn't have given them the inch in the first place.

Zero. When it came up, they backed down.

I think only those who have a drug problem should be tested not those who don't.

I agree, and they don't need to share the help with those that don't need it.

Your ignorance of the law is no excuse.

There is no Constitutional right to apply for a job, but there is Constitutional protection from unreasonable searches.

Then please show me the law that states a business can not lawfully make you take a drug test and that they can not turn you away if it comes back positive. If there is one, then there's a lot of people out there that should be able to sue for not being hired because of a positive drug test.

Ok...how many do you think will admit they have a drug problem? How do you know if they're not tested?

And of course everyone knows just because someone is on welfare it doesn't mean they're druggies....but testing would rule it out.

And...the "masses" know there are many people out there that really need it. But if you're applying for a job, you are going to be drug tested. Why shouldn't someone applying for free money and food also have to be tested?

Yea, as long as we have intrusive authoritarian corporations, why not have an intrusive authoritarian government?

I am SURE you would have no problem peeing in a cup, have government test it and determine YOUR fate.

The right wing brain, capable of self imposed lobotomy...

Guess you're pretty lucky then. If people can refuse to take the test, then why do most businesses then refuse to hire them because of it? How do they get away with it if it's not lawful? Seems that would be discrimination and they could sue for that.....explain how they get away with it.

My company will not hire anyone that doesn't submit to a voluntary drug test.

Yea, as long as we have intrusive authoritarian corporations, why not have an intrusive authoritarian government?

I am SURE you would have no problem peeing in a cup, have government test it and determine YOUR fate.

People here are saying being drug tested is unconstitutional. If that's true, then I want to know more about it. Personally, I don't think ANYONE should have to be drug tested to get a job or for any reason. But I'm being told now that people can refuse to do it....I don't know of anyone that has refused it and still got the job (except for maybe 1 person here that said he does). If the businesses are breaking a law (discrimination?) by requiring it to be hired, then something needs to be done about it.

I may be "right wing" but I don't believe the government, or businesses hiring, should be able to make up the rules if they're not lawful.

My company will not hire anyone that doesn't submit to a voluntary drug test.

Authoritarians are always the last to know they ARE authoritarians.

While not all conservatives are authoritarians; all highly authoritarian personalities are political conservatives.
Robert Altmeyer - The Authoritarians

People here are saying being drug tested is unconstitutional. If that's true, then I want to know more about it. Personally, I don't think ANYONE should have to be drug tested to get a job or for any reason. But I'm being told now that people can refuse to do it....I don't know of anyone that has refused it and still got the job (except for maybe 1 person here that said he does). If the businesses are breaking a law (discrimination?) by requiring it to be hired, then something needs to be done about it.

I may be "right wing" but I don't believe the government, or businesses hiring, should be able to make up the rules if they're not lawful.

I agree. I believe it is a violation of our 4th amendment rights.

Amendment IV

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

Guess you're pretty lucky then. If people can refuse to take the test, then why do most businesses then refuse to hire them because of it? How do they get away with it if it's not lawful? Seems that would be discrimination and they could sue for that.....explain how they get away with it.

Far as I'm concerned they can't get away with it. All I know is I refused to play that game.

Do they really refuse to hire on that basis? Or are they dealing with a bunch of sheep too docile to stand up to tyranny? I don't know myself, I just flatly refuse to do it, and as far as possible I don't shop at places of business that trumpet "we drug test employees" on their front door either.

The question really isn't "can they get away with it". The question is, why would anyone give in? The fact is if everybody refused to submit, they will back down. Have some backbone and try it. Because giving in is selling the rest of us out.

Forum List

Back