Why is there a pope?

[/QUOTE]
Whats all that got to do with the Roman Catholic Church?

Everything.

Do you think the "keys to heaven" are an ongoing dialogue of the elect only?

Depends who you include in the 'elect'.

Should we listen to God or men?

When men read the Gospel, I listen. Also remember the Prophets--men who spoke for God--Isaiah, Jeremiah, John the Baptist, etc.

How would Jesus be absent if you believe he is God?
Is he here in person when he was speaking those words to the Apostles? Do you remember him saying that where he was going they could not follow?

Why did Jesus say on this rock I will build my church? Was it to do with faith? Was it to do with the name Peter?

Did Peter have faith?

What do you mean listening to all his advisors?

I was speaking of the servants of old. The servant who held the keys made the final decisions, but that didn't mean he could not seek advice.

So I was reading in Matthew 23, and verse 9 says ā€œAnd do not call anyone on earth ā€˜father,ā€™ for you have one Father, and he is in heaven.ā€
It seems clear that Catholicism is a pagan religion. So now I pose the question. If we are not to perform this kind of worship, isnā€™t the Vatican itā€™s own governing body under the religion of Catholicism? We wouldnā€™t call our governors or officials ā€œfatherā€. Shouldnā€™t they repent?
Jesus isn't describing the Catholic Church any more than he is describing the PepsiCo Corporation, which also has a hierarchy. He's describing the kingdom. When we think of churches, we think of denominations or local congregations with staff, elders, volunteers, and rank-and-file members, which may be well and good. When we think of the church, however, we must think of the body of Christ, which lacks any hierarchy save for Christ alone. This body countenances no division, for the members support each other (1 Cor 12:25). All are citizens of Godā€™s household without class or rank (Eph 2:19). The lowly boasts in Christ and the powerful humbles himself in Christ (Jas 1:9-10). The lion lies down with the lamb, so to speak. No one rules and no one is ruled.

Within the assemblies and denominations, though, organization is inevitable. The assemblies have shepherds (1 Pt 5:2).
Read the full chapter before comparing Christā€™s headship to a soda company. When He brought them out of Egypt, he did not anoint a king. Why? Bc the throne belonged to God. He called a messenger except the messenger then needed a messenger and we see our first glimpse of what you would call an organized church. We were called to be brothers in Matthew 23 as well.

I persist that Pope Francis and the Roman Catholic system should be uprooted and they should repent and turn to Christ. No more ā€œfatherā€. The glory is due to Christ, not man. He should be ashamed for not even attempting unite the world under Christ in a time like this. No, they pull donations that went to the poor to full their deficit. Then Covid happened and they give 100k euros to Italy but no mention of what God is saying to him. Itā€™s because he doesnā€™t hear from God. Sorry, not sorry.

Would you have have the bible or the Christian Religion without Rome? Such is the RCC.
----------------------------------------------

ā€œI asked the Lord to stop the epidemic,ā€ Pope Francis said, describing how he prayed on Sunday afternoon when he walked ā€œon pilgrimageā€ along a deserted street in the center of Rome. ā€œLord, stop it with your hand. Thatā€™s what I prayed for.ā€

Pope Francis tells Italian newspaper: ā€˜I asked the Lord to stop the epidemic.ā€™
Thatā€™s it? My 4 year old could pray that prayer. Thereā€™s a time when you look at all the facts and realize things arenā€™t what they seem. The error in your understanding is forgetting the power of God. The Popes prayers go unanswered, so who will God listen to?

Why do catholics "confess" to a priest?
"Bless me Father, for I have sinned" and the guy tells them to do a few Hail Marys. Why confess to a man and what does it have to do with Mary? She was just the vessel. That's it. Nothing more. But they worship her...not God. And it's God/Jesus they should be confessing to, not the vessel.
I don't want to insult catholics, but to me...its just really weird as a "christian" faith when God is ignored, Jesus is ignored, and the vessel is worshipped as God.

"Bless me Father, for I have sinned" and the guy tells them to do a few Hail Marys. Why confess to a man and what does it have to do with Mary? She was just the vessel. That's it. Nothing more. But they worship her...not God. And it's God/Jesus they should be confessing to, not the vessel.
I don't want to insult catholics, but to me...its just really weird as a "christian" faith when God is ignored, Jesus is ignored, and the vessel is worshipped as God.
One issue that religious leaders of the day held against Jesus was his insistence that sins are forgiven. They were furious that a man declared forgiveness of sins, declaring only God could forgive sins. They demanded by whose authority Jesus spoke these words. They wanted a sign. Jesus gave us a New Covenant (Testament) for the forgiveness of sins, and the sign of a Covenant is blood. He gave his blood so that all men might know sins are forgiven.

Next, the early Church centered their actions around the actions of Jesus: Baptism, Forgiveness of sins, Last Supper, Coming of the Holy Spirit, Healing, Teaching on marriage, and a special priesthood to carry all these actions to all.

Sure, many other Christian denominations do not feel they need to hear "Your sins are forgiven", but Catholics keep to this tradition--as it cost Jesus his life. Penance comes in many forms. For example, if injury and stealing are involved, restitution must be made. Penance may include telling the truth to the one lied to.

The faithful's main goal is obedience to God, and it was Mary's obedience and faith that resulted in the birth of a baby--the one who would grow to teach us a way of life where obedience to God is The Way, but when we fail, we hear these sins are forgiven. The Hail Mary is a meditation prayer on faith and obedience.

The Jewish people have many celebratory rites of their faith throughout the year. Because Catholics are so close to both scripture and traditions, our own rites continue to celebrate the various events in the life of Jesus. In the 1500s, many Christians decided these traditions were no longer that important to them, but as with their Catholic brethren, everyone remains close to scripture.

So I was reading in Matthew 23, and verse 9 says ā€œAnd do not call anyone on earth ā€˜father,ā€™ for you have one Father, and he is in heaven.ā€
It seems clear that Catholicism is a pagan religion. So now I pose the question. If we are not to perform this kind of worship, isnā€™t the Vatican itā€™s own governing body under the religion of Catholicism? We wouldnā€™t call our governors or officials ā€œfatherā€. Shouldnā€™t they repent?
Jesus isn't describing the Catholic Church any more than he is describing the PepsiCo Corporation, which also has a hierarchy. He's describing the kingdom. When we think of churches, we think of denominations or local congregations with staff, elders, volunteers, and rank-and-file members, which may be well and good. When we think of the church, however, we must think of the body of Christ, which lacks any hierarchy save for Christ alone. This body countenances no division, for the members support each other (1 Cor 12:25). All are citizens of Godā€™s household without class or rank (Eph 2:19). The lowly boasts in Christ and the powerful humbles himself in Christ (Jas 1:9-10). The lion lies down with the lamb, so to speak. No one rules and no one is ruled.

Within the assemblies and denominations, though, organization is inevitable. The assemblies have shepherds (1 Pt 5:2).
Read the full chapter before comparing Christā€™s headship to a soda company. When He brought them out of Egypt, he did not anoint a king. Why? Bc the throne belonged to God. He called a messenger except the messenger then needed a messenger and we see our first glimpse of what you would call an organized church. We were called to be brothers in Matthew 23 as well.

I persist that Pope Francis and the Roman Catholic system should be uprooted and they should repent and turn to Christ. No more ā€œfatherā€. The glory is due to Christ, not man. He should be ashamed for not even attempting unite the world under Christ in a time like this. No, they pull donations that went to the poor to full their deficit. Then Covid happened and they give 100k euros to Italy but no mention of what God is saying to him. Itā€™s because he doesnā€™t hear from God. Sorry, not sorry.
I didn't compare Christ's leadership to a soda company. I contrasted his kingdom with a soda company, and with the Catholic Church. Just like I would contrast it with the Presbyterian Church. "Fathers" and Presbyters are parts of intra-denominational organizations, which are not the kingdom of God. Every denomination has organization and leadership. Charismatic and Pentecostal churches even have the audacity to call their leaders "apostles."

Not my wife, not my life.

Apart from the one king, organization does not define the kingdom, which Jesus describes in Matthew 23, but it is biblical within assemblies and denominations, and I wouldn't dwell on titles. If title and nobility go to their heads, which Jesus preached against in the preceding verses in Chapter 23, well, then, that's not the kingdom, and, like I said, not my wife and not my life.

Last edited:
He's the head administrator over other administrators. Organizations that don't have a top executive over all the other executives, Bishops and Cardinals in this case, usually don't fare well, which is why corporations aren't run like democracies. Popes do a lot more than just sitting around waiting to walk out on a balcony and make speeches once in a while, they actively run a worldwide corporation.
And he's the head administrator over other administrators in the Catholic Church, not in the kingdom of God.

Yes. What became the 'Church' was essentially a bureaucracy Constantine appointed to handle the Roman Empire's social services arm; the Christians' networks of support for each other and their poorer members and widows and orphans was impressive, and wokred far more efficiently that the state's own bureaucracy. Two of other co-Emperors in the Tetrarchy frantically tried to order their pagan cults leaders to copy and try to outdo the detestable Xians, but failed miserably, as none of them could come close to the abilities of the Christian churches in cooperation and getting along as a group, even under severe repressions and mass murders. When Constantine finally won out over his enemies it was made 'universal' over the Empire, but ended up mainly dominant in the former western empire as it collapsed, ironically due to the converted pagan tribes like the Visigoths taking up the vestiges. The Eastern Empire's Church became the Orthodox after the split; I forget the exact year, but it's easy to find.
I would not join the Catholic Church myself, but it has been a rather charitable organization historically.

I didn't compare Christ's leadership to a soda company. I contrasted his kingdom with a soda company, and with the Catholic Church. Just like I would contrast it with the Presbyterian Church. "Fathers" and Presbyters are parts of intra-denominational organizations, which are not the kingdom of God. Every denomination has organization and leadership. Charismatic and Pentecostal churches even have the audacity to call their leaders "apostles."

Not my wife, not my life.

Apart from the one king, organization does not define the kingdom, which Jesus describes in Matthew 23, but it is biblical within assemblies and denominations, and I wouldn't dwell on titles. If title and nobility go to their heads, which Jesus preached against in the preceding verses in Chapter 23, well, then, that's not the kingdom, and, like I said, not my wife and not my life.
Buddy, when you come out and decide to call a man ā€œholinessā€ or ā€œfatherā€ because of their position within a religious establishment, youā€™re committing idolatry. Point blank, itā€™s that simple.

Would you have have the bible or the Christian Religion without Rome? Such is the RCC.

ā€œI asked the Lord to stop the epidemic,ā€ Pope Francis said, describing how he prayed on Sunday afternoon when he walked ā€œon pilgrimageā€ along a deserted street in the center of Rome. ā€œLord, stop it with your hand. Thatā€™s what I prayed for.ā€

Pope Francis tells Italian newspaper: ā€˜I asked the Lord to stop the epidemic.ā€™
Your article literally tells us he was worshipping the image of marry with the baby Jesus. Idolatry is why the nation of Israel was judged so harshly. Donā€™t think His justice wonā€™t be poured out on a rebellious people.

So you are babbling that I cant call my dad father
Donā€™t be so trivial. If you read the scripture then you would know thatā€™s not what anything is referring to.

Your article literally tells us he was worshipping the image of marry with the baby Jesus. Idolatry is why the nation of Israel was judged so harshly. Donā€™t think His justice wonā€™t be poured out on a rebellious people.

No not worshipping, reverence for them. I take it you never prayed the rosary.

I don't think Jesus says "she was just a vessel, nothing more. God chose her to impregnant her with his son Jesus, according to the scriptures.

The RCC religion also believes in lots of Saints.

Why confess your sins to a priest, some say its cheaper than a shrink.

Thatā€™s it? My 4 year old could pray that prayer. Thereā€™s a time when you look at all the facts and realize things arenā€™t what they seem. The error in your understanding is forgetting the power of God. The Popes prayers go unanswered, so who will God listen to?

I'm sure your 4 year old could, can she pray the rosary?

How can you say itā€™s not worship? A key pillar of their belief is that Mary was, in fact, divine. Literally, the definition of idolatry is putting other gods or images before Him, in case you werenā€™t aware, Mary is not deity. Never was. So yes, itā€™s a false religion, and bowing and praying in reverence to the one that gave birth to our savior is no different than created graven idols to satisfy their incorrect theology.

Donā€™t be so trivial. If you read the scripture then you would know thatā€™s not what anything is referring to.
In other words you are a retarded catholic who is fine with turning a blind eye to child sexual abuse.

Great life you must have playing with the little boys and girls

Itā€™s false theology, so why would we?

How can you say itā€™s not worship? A key pillar of their belief is that Mary was, in fact, divine. Literally, the definition of idolatry is putting other gods or images before Him, in case you werenā€™t aware, Mary is not deity. Never was. So yes, itā€™s a false religion, and bowing and praying in reverence to the one that gave birth to our savior is no different than created graven idols to satisfy their incorrect theology.
There is a difference between divine and saint, Divine is only reserved for God. The RCC believes in statues.

Itā€™s false theology, so why would we?
So what does she pray?

In other words you are a retarded catholic who is fine with turning a blind eye to child sexual abuse.

Great life you must have playing with the little boys and girls
Wow, youā€™re not here to discuss anything of sustenance at all. Iā€™m not catholic and I donā€™t turn an eye to sin, which is why Iā€™m addressing the idolatry of the Catholic Church. But youā€™re here to incite argument and anger, so thereā€™s no value for you here

Forum List

Back