Why is there a pope?

That’s great and all but the disciples asked Jesus how to pray and he didn’t say anything about his mother. It’s idolatry. The Fathers prayer is focused as well, no need for an intercession from the Virgin Mary. If you read the Bible, you clearly see that we are to meditate in His Word day and night. If you need beads and a crucifix, you’re not worshiping in spirit or truth.
When Jesus prayed he wanted all of his followers to remain as one, to gather together in prayer, there is no mention of leaving his mother out. Being part of the Body of Christ is the very antithesis of idolatry. For those of you who can meditate without any distractions entering your mind, be thankful. There is no need to stomp on those who use simple, but effective techniques to maintain the focus you are blessed to have. For some reason the parable of the Pharisee and the Tax Collector comes to mind.
When you view a mortal as a co redeemer and equal in divinity to God, it is no longer about the fact that you believe in Christ, it’s the fact that you’ve added something else to it.

Defending idolatry is as bad as practicing it.

So I was reading in Matthew 23, and verse 9 says “And do not call anyone on earth ‘father,’ for you have one Father, and he is in heaven.”
It seems clear that Catholicism is a pagan religion. So now I pose the question. If we are not to perform this kind of worship, isn’t the Vatican it’s own governing body under the religion of Catholicism? We wouldn’t call our governors or officials “father”. Shouldn’t they repent?
Paul wanted a religion that was opposite Judaism.
Judaism does not have an appointed central authority.
Paul created a religion with an appointed central authority,
It also meant that anyone who opposed the religion was owned by satan.

So I was reading in Matthew 23, and verse 9 says “And do not call anyone on earth ‘father,’ for you have one Father, and he is in heaven.”
It seems clear that Catholicism is a pagan religion. So now I pose the question. If we are not to perform this kind of worship, isn’t the Vatican it’s own governing body under the religion of Catholicism? We wouldn’t call our governors or officials “father”. Shouldn’t they repent?
Please show me where Paul started any religion. He taught the doctrine of Christ after his conversion. He taught of unity in a body of believers. He taught oneness with God. He taught the cross of Christ. He did not create a religion, but expounded on the idea of living by faith.

That’s great and all but the disciples asked Jesus how to pray and he didn’t say anything about his mother. It’s idolatry. The Fathers prayer is focused as well, no need for an intercession from the Virgin Mary. If you read the Bible, you clearly see that we are to meditate in His Word day and night. If you need beads and a crucifix, you’re not worshiping in spirit or truth.
When Jesus prayed he wanted all of his followers to remain as one, to gather together in prayer, there is no mention of leaving his mother out. Being part of the Body of Christ is the very antithesis of idolatry. For those of you who can meditate without any distractions entering your mind, be thankful. There is no need to stomp on those who use simple, but effective techniques to maintain the focus you are blessed to have. For some reason the parable of the Pharisee and the Tax Collector comes to mind.
When you view a mortal as a co redeemer and equal in divinity to God, it is no longer about the fact that you believe in Christ, it’s the fact that you’ve added something else to it.

LOL you are just pissed that the queers in your religion do not elect a pope

Why do catholics "confess" to a priest?
"Bless me Father, for I have sinned" and the guy tells them to do a few Hail Marys. Why confess to a man and what does it have to do with Mary? She was just the vessel. That's it. Nothing more. But they worship her...not God. And it's God/Jesus they should be confessing to, not the vessel.
I don't want to insult catholics, but to me...its just really weird as a "christian" faith when God is ignored, Jesus is ignored, and the vessel is worshipped as God.

I don't think Jesus says "she was just a vessel, nothing more. God chose her to impregnant her with his son Jesus, according to the scriptures.

The RCC religion also believes in lots of Saints.

Why confess your sins to a priest, some say its cheaper than a shrink.
Informative answer of your opinion. Sometimes, which I agree with.
Saints are just people too. Maybe super nice or super great at whatever they do or did, but still people. Humans. With flaws.

Please show me where Paul started any religion. He taught the doctrine of Christ after his conversion. He taught of unity in a body of believers. He taught oneness with God. He taught the cross of Christ. He did not create a religion, but expounded on the idea of living by faith.
Christ had no religion. Religions are formed by people

We have a high priest in heaven, we don’t need a pope. So no, I’m not upset at all. I think it’s cute that you have nothing but insults and slander towards people of faith, bc every word will be judged.

We have a high priest in heaven, we don’t need a pope. So no, I’m not upset at all. I think it’s cute that you have nothing but insults and slander towards people of faith, bc every word will be judged.
Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Who is your high priest in heaven?

I thought all the priest were sucking little boys cocks in the confessional

Try reading the NT.

Try reading the NT.
Says the guy who chanted crucify him

Try reading the NT.
I wasn't there.
The episode at the Temple Mount could not have happened; he would have been tried and executed and the Romans wouldn't have given a shit.

The Epistles and Gospels disagree with you.

Try reading the NT.
I wasn't there.
The episode at the Temple Mount could not have happened; he would have been tried and executed and the Romans wouldn't have given a shit.
Jesus was executed moron.......................

Glad that you believe in Jesus

What religion was Jesus then?

This ought to be good

Try reading the NT.
I wasn't there.
Jesus was executed moron.......................

Glad that you believe in Jesus
He would have been executed at the Temple by the Jews, not later by the Romans...moron.
I get the feeling you haven't even read your NT verse by verse.
I read the NT 6 times and laughed my ass off at all the errors.

This ought to be good
Yeshu, as stated by his brother James, was an observant Jew,
Paul, as stated by Yeshu's brother James, lied like a banshee to create a new religion acceptable by the Greeks and Romans.
Know I know you have never read the NT.

This ought to be good
Paul, as stated by Yeshu's brother James, lied like a banshee to create a new religion acceptable by the Greeks and Romans.
Says the crack addict who did not know that Jesus was executed

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

This ought to be good

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Jesus was executed way after The Temple episode.
You're ignorance is amusing.

Jesus was a jew, they were all jews.

This ought to be good

Jesus was executed way after The Temple episode.
You're ignorance is amusing.
None of the unbathed smelly fools at the temple had the balls. Besides they lost a penny and were too busy digging for it

Forum List

Back