Why is there a pope?

So I was reading in Matthew 23, and verse 9 says ā€œAnd do not call anyone on earth ā€˜father,ā€™ for you have one Father, and he is in heaven.ā€
It seems clear that Catholicism is a pagan religion. So now I pose the question. If we are not to perform this kind of worship, isnā€™t the Vatican itā€™s own governing body under the religion of Catholicism? We wouldnā€™t call our governors or officials ā€œfatherā€. Shouldnā€™t they repent?
Paul wanted a religion that was opposite Judaism.
Judaism does not have an appointed central authority.
Paul created a religion with an appointed central authority,
It also meant that anyone who opposed the religion was owned by satan.
Please show me where Paul started any religion. He taught the doctrine of Christ after his conversion. He taught of unity in a body of believers. He taught oneness with God. He taught the cross of Christ. He did not create a religion, but expounded on the idea of living by faith.
Christ had no religion. Religions are formed by people

Jesus was a jew, they were all jews.
No shit Sherlock

So I was reading in Matthew 23, and verse 9 says ā€œAnd do not call anyone on earth ā€˜father,ā€™ for you have one Father, and he is in heaven.ā€
It seems clear that Catholicism is a pagan religion. So now I pose the question. If we are not to perform this kind of worship, isnā€™t the Vatican itā€™s own governing body under the religion of Catholicism? We wouldnā€™t call our governors or officials ā€œfatherā€. Shouldnā€™t they repent?
Please show me where Paul started any religion. He taught the doctrine of Christ after his conversion. He taught of unity in a body of believers. He taught oneness with God. He taught the cross of Christ. He did not create a religion, but expounded on the idea of living by faith.
Try reading the NT.
Says the guy who chanted crucify him
I wasn't there.
The episode at the Temple Mount could not have happened; he would have been tried and executed and the Romans wouldn't have given a shit.
Jesus was executed moron.......................

Glad that you believe in Jesus
He would have been executed at the Temple by the Jews, not later by the Romans...moron.
I get the feeling you haven't even read your NT verse by verse.
I read the NT 6 times and laughed my ass off at all the errors.
Why did you laugh at the OT, 90% of the NT is out of the OT.

The Epistles and Gospels disagree with you.
What religion was Jesus then?

This ought to be good
Yeshu, as stated by his brother James, was an observant Jew,
Paul, as stated by Yeshu's brother James, lied like a banshee to create a new religion acceptable by the Greeks and Romans.
Know I know you have never read the NT.
Says the crack addict who did not know that Jesus was executed

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Jesus was executed way after The Temple episode.
You're ignorance is amusing.
None of the unbathed smelly fools at the temple had the balls. Besides they lost a penny and were too busy digging for it
Did you ever read the NT or did you do the proper Christian thing and just read the 30 out-of-context verses selected by the Holy Roman Empire?
By the way, you're beyond boring.

Try reading the NT.
I wasn't there.
The episode at the Temple Mount could not have happened; he would have been tried and executed and the Romans wouldn't have given a shit.

He would have been executed at the Temple by the Jews, not later by the Romans...moron.
More like 5% NT is out of the OT and is quoted completely out of context.
Since you're a Jew Hater you will never read the original verses in-context to see how your leaders have been lying to you.

This ought to be good
Paul, as stated by Yeshu's brother James, lied like a banshee to create a new religion acceptable by the Greeks and Romans.

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
None of the unbathed smelly fools at the temple had the balls. Besides they lost a penny and were too busy digging for it
Did you ever read the NT or did you do the proper Christian thing and just read the 30 out-of-context verses selected by the Holy Roman Empire?
OK Mr. Jew, does your Rabbi sell trinkets on Saturday at the synagogue during the service?

And you are still too dumb to know Jesus was executed

This ought to be good

OK Mr. Jew, does your Rabbi sell trinkets on Saturday at the synagogue during the service?

The episode told in the NT about Yeshu turning over tables at the Temple Mount is a total fabrication as Yeshu would have been executed way earlier than the crucification episode told at the end of the Gospels.
But I am aware that you are too stupid to understand what I'm talking about.

Anyway, have a great SHABBOS!

This ought to be good

The episode told in the NT about Yeshu turning over tables at the Temple Mount is a total fabrication as Yeshu would have been executed way earlier than the crucification episode told at the end of the Gospels.

In other words your calendar was reset by Jesus too.

Did you find your penny yet, you know from when Jesus kicked your table of krap

The Catechism of the Catholic Church responds...

934 "Among the Christian faithful by divine institution there exist in the Church sacred ministers, who are also called clerics in law, and other Christian faithful who are also called laity." In both groups there are those Christian faithful who, professing the evangelical counsels, are consecrated to God and so serve the Church's saving mission (cf. CIC, can. 207 Ā§ 1, 2).

935 To proclaim the faith and to plant his reign, Christ sends his apostles and their successors. He gives them a share in his own mission. From him they receive the power to act in his person.

936 The Lord made St. Peter the visible foundation of his Church. He entrusted the keys of the Church to him. The bishop of the Church of Rome, successor to St. Peter, is "head of the college of bishops, the Vicar of Christ and Pastor of the universal Church on earth" (CIC, can. 331).

937 The Pope enjoys, by divine institution, "supreme, full, immediate, and universal power in the care of souls" (CD 2).

938 The Bishops, established by the Holy Spirit, succeed the apostles. They are "the visible source and foundation of unity in their own particular Churches" (LG 23).

939 Helped by the priests, their co-workers, and by the deacons, the bishops have the duty of authentically teaching the faith, celebrating divine worship, above all the Eucharist, and guiding their Churches as true pastors. Their responsibility also includes concern for all the Churches, with and under the Pope.

940 "The characteristic of the lay state being a life led in the midst of the world and of secular affairs, lay people are called by God to make of their apostolate, through the vigor of their Christian spirit, a leaven in the world" (AA 2 Ā§ 2).

941 Lay people share in Christ's priesthood: ever more united with him, they exhibit the grace of Baptism and Confirmation in all dimensions of their personal family, social and ecclesial lives, and so fulfill the call to holiness addressed to all the baptized.

942 By virtue of their prophetic mission, lay people "are called . . . to be witnesses to Christ in all circumstances and at the very heart of the community of mankind" (GS 43 Ā§ 4).

943 By virtue of their kingly mission, lay people have the power to uproot the rule of sin within themselves and in the world, by their self-denial and holiness of life (cf. LG 36).

944 The life consecrated to God is characterized by the public profession of the evangelical counsels of poverty, chastity, and obedience, in a stable state of life recognized by the Church.

945 Already destined for him through Baptism, the person who surrenders himself to the God he loves above all else thereby consecrates himself more intimately to God's service and to the good of the whole Church.

Thatā€™s great and all but the disciples asked Jesus how to pray and he didnā€™t say anything about his mother. Itā€™s idolatry. The Fathers prayer is focused as well, no need for an intercession from the Virgin Mary. If you read the Bible, you clearly see that we are to meditate in His Word day and night. If you need beads and a crucifix, youā€™re not worshiping in spirit or truth.
When Jesus prayed he wanted all of his followers to remain as one, to gather together in prayer, there is no mention of leaving his mother out. Being part of the Body of Christ is the very antithesis of idolatry. For those of you who can meditate without any distractions entering your mind, be thankful. There is no need to stomp on those who use simple, but effective techniques to maintain the focus you are blessed to have. For some reason the parable of the Pharisee and the Tax Collector comes to mind.
When you view a mortal as a co redeemer and equal in divinity to God, it is no longer about the fact that you believe in Christ, itā€™s the fact that youā€™ve added something else to it.

Defending idolatry is as bad as practicing it.
LOL you are just pissed that the queers in your religion do not elect a pope
We have a high priest in heaven, we donā€™t need a pope. So no, Iā€™m not upset at all. I think itā€™s cute that you have nothing but insults and slander towards people of faith, bc every word will be judged.
Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Who is your high priest in heaven?

I thought all the priest were sucking little boys cocks in the confessional
They will be accountable, and so will you.

next

Try reading the NT.
How about you do some apologetics and defend what you believe in, rather than sending me on a goose chase through scripture.

Thatā€™s great and all but the disciples asked Jesus how to pray and he didnā€™t say anything about his mother. Itā€™s idolatry. The Fathers prayer is focused as well, no need for an intercession from the Virgin Mary. If you read the Bible, you clearly see that we are to meditate in His Word day and night. If you need beads and a crucifix, youā€™re not worshiping in spirit or truth.
When Jesus prayed he wanted all of his followers to remain as one, to gather together in prayer, there is no mention of leaving his mother out. Being part of the Body of Christ is the very antithesis of idolatry. For those of you who can meditate without any distractions entering your mind, be thankful. There is no need to stomp on those who use simple, but effective techniques to maintain the focus you are blessed to have. For some reason the parable of the Pharisee and the Tax Collector comes to mind.
When you view a mortal as a co redeemer and equal in divinity to God, it is no longer about the fact that you believe in Christ, itā€™s the fact that youā€™ve added something else to it.

We have a high priest in heaven, we donā€™t need a pope. So no, Iā€™m not upset at all. I think itā€™s cute that you have nothing but insults and slander towards people of faith, bc every word will be judged.

next
You think you are above accountability?

Explain why?

Try reading the NT.
I wasn't there.

More like 5% NT is out of the OT and is quoted completely out of context.
Since you're a Jew Hater you will never read the original verses in-context to see how your leaders have been lying to you.
I do read everything, is this good enough.

And I say at least 80-90% is based on the OT and its not taken out of context. I know you jews hate that we piggy backed on your religion, but actually your religion is really based off Zoroastrian, you know King Cyrus and all.

This ought to be good

That is why its a new religion.

next

Explain why?
Never said I was above accountability. Did I? Or are you just reading something into the text that wasnā€™t there... hmm, from the long list of responses of blatant ignorance from whoever is using your account, we can conclude that you superimpose some highly imaginative and unfounded comments into places where you choose to ignore the facts. Quite a sad day it will be for you.

next

Explain why?
Never said I was above accountability. Did I? Or are you just reading something into the text that wasnā€™t there... hmm, from the long list of responses of blatant ignorance from whoever is using your account, we can conclude that you superimpose some highly imaginative and unfounded comments into places where you choose to ignore the facts. Quite a sad day it will be for you.
Nah Apple is splitting....................................

next

Explain why?
This is why no one is surprised at your stupidity, bc you embrace it.

next

Explain why?
This is why no one is surprised at your stupidity, bc you embrace it.
Apple stock rockets to record as ā€˜amazingly strongā€™ earnings calm pandemic iPhone fears

LOL I could try to be like you, but I am allergic to trailers

In fact, shortly after it happened he was tried and executed. And you are right, the Romans could not have cared less.

Forum List

Back