Why is there a pope?

So I was reading in Matthew 23, and verse 9 says “And do not call anyone on earth ‘father,’ for you have one Father, and he is in heaven.”
It seems clear that Catholicism is a pagan religion. So now I pose the question. If we are not to perform this kind of worship, isn’t the Vatican it’s own governing body under the religion of Catholicism? We wouldn’t call our governors or officials “father”. Shouldn’t they repent?
Paul wanted a religion that was opposite Judaism.
Judaism does not have an appointed central authority.
Paul created a religion with an appointed central authority,
It also meant that anyone who opposed the religion was owned by satan.
Please show me where Paul started any religion. He taught the doctrine of Christ after his conversion. He taught of unity in a body of believers. He taught oneness with God. He taught the cross of Christ. He did not create a religion, but expounded on the idea of living by faith.
Christ had no religion. Religions are formed by people
The Epistles and Gospels disagree with you.
What religion was Jesus then?

This ought to be good
Yeshu, as stated by his brother James, was an observant Jew,
Paul, as stated by Yeshu's brother James, lied like a banshee to create a new religion acceptable by the Greeks and Romans.
Know I know you have never read the NT.
Says the crack addict who did not know that Jesus was executed

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Jesus was executed way after The Temple episode.
You're ignorance is amusing.
None of the unbathed smelly fools at the temple had the balls. Besides they lost a penny and were too busy digging for it
Did you ever read the NT or did you do the proper Christian thing and just read the 30 out-of-context verses selected by the Holy Roman Empire?
By the way, you're beyond boring.
I would suggest to you to view the following. GOD is speaking to you through this man:

He needs rehab, not Jesus.

LOL Taz you need rehab because any mention of God requires you to deny

I'm agnostic and see no proof either for or against the existence of a god. But leave the door open if anyone comes up with real proof either way. Can't be any fairer than that.

But that dude was hallucinating things beyond this world. He probably went down the k-hole. :biggrin:

My belief in God comes from science not the bible. As science does not allow for codes writing themselves from nothingness. Thus an intelligence is required.

Science doesn't prove god. It's a possibility, but to make the jump from no real proof requires faith.

So who made god?

Actually the proof is in DNA. And every dopey professor who tried to get it to magically appear from nothing.

So do you believe that life is magic or a massively sophisticated molecular computer type code? Remembering that life uses electricity just as the CPU in your computer

Science and I don't know what it's all about, that's why we keep looking. You on the other hand, have settled on something rather simplistic to fit into your reality.

:thanks:

Nothing is simplistic about de-engineering DNA so that it can be recreated to eliminate morons.

You are the simpleton sitting there doing nothing just waiting for someone else to hand you the truth instead of creating

So I was reading in Matthew 23, and verse 9 says “And do not call anyone on earth ‘father,’ for you have one Father, and he is in heaven.”
It seems clear that Catholicism is a pagan religion. So now I pose the question. If we are not to perform this kind of worship, isn’t the Vatican it’s own governing body under the religion of Catholicism? We wouldn’t call our governors or officials “father”. Shouldn’t they repent?
Please show me where Paul started any religion. He taught the doctrine of Christ after his conversion. He taught of unity in a body of believers. He taught oneness with God. He taught the cross of Christ. He did not create a religion, but expounded on the idea of living by faith.

This ought to be good
Paul, as stated by Yeshu's brother James, lied like a banshee to create a new religion acceptable by the Greeks and Romans.

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
None of the unbathed smelly fools at the temple had the balls. Besides they lost a penny and were too busy digging for it
Did you ever read the NT or did you do the proper Christian thing and just read the 30 out-of-context verses selected by the Holy Roman Empire?
I would suggest to you to view the following. GOD is speaking to you through this man:

I'm agnostic and see no proof either for or against the existence of a god. But leave the door open if anyone comes up with real proof either way. Can't be any fairer than that.

But that dude was hallucinating things beyond this world. He probably went down the k-hole. :biggrin:

My belief in God comes from science not the bible. As science does not allow for codes writing themselves from nothingness. Thus an intelligence is required.

Science doesn't prove god. It's a possibility, but to make the jump from no real proof requires faith.

So who made god?

Actually the proof is in DNA. And every dopey professor who tried to get it to magically appear from nothing.

So do you believe that life is magic or a massively sophisticated molecular computer type code? Remembering that life uses electricity just as the CPU in your computer

Science and I don't know what it's all about, that's why we keep looking. You on the other hand, have settled on something rather simplistic to fit into your reality.

Nothing is simplistic about de-engineering DNA so that it can be recreated to eliminate morons.

You are the simpleton sitting there doing nothing just waiting for someone else to hand you the truth instead of creating

You're creating the truth? :lol:

This ought to be good

So who made god?

You're creating the truth? :lol:

Humans have now created 200 trillion operations per second computers. So you are right, new truths are being created all the time. You can stand back and ignore or join the program

The episode at the Temple Mount could not have happened; he would have been tried and executed and the Romans wouldn't have given a shit.
In fact, shortly after it happened he was tried and executed. And you are right, the Romans could not have cared less.
This particular fool is so deluded with his hate that he can not even see
All you have to do is read the NT and the Torah and see for yourself...but you won't.

The episode at the Temple Mount could not have happened; he would have been tried and executed and the Romans wouldn't have given a shit.
In fact, shortly after it happened he was tried and executed. And you are right, the Romans could not have cared less.
All you have to do is read the NT and the Torah and see for yourself...but you won't.
So if I read the bible I will see something different than the Worlds 2.2 billion Christians.

You are a pimple on Christianity's butt, be careful or you will get popped

book_religion_pie_chart_700.jpg

So if I read the bible I will see something different than the Worlds 2.2 billion Christians.

All the world's Christians don't all think alike when it comes to the bible. That's why there are so many denominations. Now you know. You're welcome.

All the world's Christians don't all think alike when it comes to the bible. That's why there are so many denominations. Now you know. You're welcome.
What is the bible? Is it a new sitcom?

DNA proved God long before TV sitcoms

The sitcom came before DNA. The bible is what Christians follow. Geez, you're kinda stoopid.

The sitcom came before DNA. The bible is what Christians follow. Geez, you're kinda stoopid.
No the DNA came before TV, everything manmade is attributed to DNA including your hapless argument

Try again

There is no win for you, just another babble that dopey professors training communist as said babble

As opposed to the world's billions of Muslims, Hindus and what's that Chinese religion called?
The Talmud actually mocks the Romans on this very point.
A Roman noble claims that Jews always follow the majority and, I think it's Rabban Shimon Gamliel who answers, which minority as there are, population wise, 4 religions that have at least 1 billion people.
And yes, Christians are taught to read selected verses.
I have yet to meet a Christian who has studies the Torah starting from Genesis, verse 1 through Deuteronomy's last verse; you are told not to do such because you have the NT.

As opposed to the world's billions of Muslims, Hindus and what's that Chinese religion called?
A Roman noble claims that Jews always follow the majority and, I think it's Rabban Shimon Gamliel who answers, which minority as there are, population wise, 4 religions that have at least 1 billion people.
I have yet to meet a Christian who has studies the Torah starting from Genesis, verse 1 through Deuteronomy's last verse; you are told not to do such because you have the NT.
LOL which verse in the bible tells jews not to shower

LOL which verse in the bible tells jews to rock like they are autistic facing a wall, referring to 1 not having taken a shower

Stink on kid thankfully there are only a few people this stupid alive

The number of Jews in the world is still lower than it was in 1939, prior to the Holocaust, according to figures released Tuesday by the Israel Central Bureau of Statistics. According to the data, there are currently 14,511,000 Jews living in the world, compared to 16,600,000 on the eve of World War II. This number is similar to that in 1922, 96 years ago, when 14 million Jews lived worldwide.

LOL there might be more jews if they were not required to stink so bad

LOL which verse in the bible tells jews to rock like they are autistic facing a wall, referring to 1 not having taken a shower

The number of Jews in the world is still lower than it was in 1939, prior to the Holocaust, according to figures released Tuesday by the Israel Central Bureau of Statistics. According to the data, there are currently 14,511,000 Jews living in the world, compared to 16,600,000 on the eve of World War II. This number is similar to that in 1922, 96 years ago, when 14 million Jews lived worldwide.

Jews are biblically required to bathe.

Why do Jews shake when they prey...

Why Jews run the world...
Because the other 7 billion people on earth are too busy murdering each other.
There would be many more billions of Christians, Muslims, Hindus, Chinese is they observed the Torah.
But they don't because they enjoy committing murder.

"Why is there a pope?"

Because of religion.

There would be many more billions of Christians, Muslims, Hindus, Chinese is they observed the Torah.
Try again stinky

The main issue with bathing on Shabbat has to do with hot water. In order to get hot or warm water to bathe in, the water has to somehow be heated, and heating up liquids is prohibited on Shabbat, not because it’s considered work, but because the Torah specifically prohibits building a fire on the Sabbath (Exodus 35:3).

Now, you might be thinking: but when I take a hot shower, I’m not heating anything up–the water comes out of the tap hot. It’s true, most of us live in houses or apartments that have hot water tanks, with lots of hot water in them. When we turn on the hot water, some of that tank is tapped, and we get a nice steamy shower. But when some of the water in the tank is used, it refills with more water, and that water then has to be heated. So, if you use hot water on Shabbat, you’re causing cold water to be heated up somewhere down the line.

On the face of it, it looks like bathing in hot water on Shabbat is a no-go according to Jewish law. But many modern rabbis have dealt with the plain fact that bathing today is far more common than it was when the Talmud was written, and many people are very uncomfortable when they can’t bathe for even one day. As far back as the early 19th century, Rabbi Akiva Eiger, of Hungary, wrote that someone who was in pain as a result of not bathing, could bathe, even in warm water on Shabbat, provided the water had been heated before Shabbat (Glosses, Rav Akiva Eiger, Orakh Hayim 326:1). Rabbi Eiger’s is a minority opinion, but today many rabbinic authorities will sanction bathing in cold water on Shabbat if it will relieve someone’s discomfort, particularly on a hot day. (Iggerot Moshe OH 4:74)

Then remember to rock like you are autistic

Try again stinky

The main issue with bathing on Shabbat has to do with hot water. In order to get hot or warm water to bathe in, the water has to somehow be heated, and heating up liquids is prohibited on Shabbat, not because it’s considered work, but because the Torah specifically prohibits building a fire on the Sabbath (Exodus 35:3).

Now, you might be thinking: but when I take a hot shower, I’m not heating anything up–the water comes out of the tap hot. It’s true, most of us live in houses or apartments that have hot water tanks, with lots of hot water in them. When we turn on the hot water, some of that tank is tapped, and we get a nice steamy shower. But when some of the water in the tank is used, it refills with more water, and that water then has to be heated. So, if you use hot water on Shabbat, you’re causing cold water to be heated up somewhere down the line.

On the face of it, it looks like bathing in hot water on Shabbat is a no-go according to Jewish law. But many modern rabbis have dealt with the plain fact that bathing today is far more common than it was when the Talmud was written, and many people are very uncomfortable when they can’t bathe for even one day. As far back as the early 19th century, Rabbi Akiva Eiger, of Hungary, wrote that someone who was in pain as a result of not bathing, could bathe, even in warm water on Shabbat, provided the water had been heated before Shabbat (Glosses, Rav Akiva Eiger, Orakh Hayim 326:1). Rabbi Eiger’s is a minority opinion, but today many rabbinic authorities will sanction bathing in cold water on Shabbat if it will relieve someone’s discomfort, particularly on a hot day. (Iggerot Moshe OH 4:74)

Do you realize how ignorant you are?
You take a shower about half an hour before Shabbos and don't play sports on Shabbos.
You really think Jews don't have air conditioners?
Are you that much of a Red Neck?

And yes, the Hymns Christians chant mindlessly in Church, were written by the Orthodox Jewish King David.

Now tell me why you admire the Christians and Muslims in the Balkans murdering each other.

Try again stinky

You take a shower about half an hour before Shabbos and don't play sports on Shabbos.

And yes, the Hymns Christians chant mindlessly in Church, were written by the Orthodox Jewish King David.

Now tell me why you admire the Christians and Muslims in the Balkans murdering each other.
You are so clueless that I had to point out to you the bible verse that demands that real jews not shower before they rock like autistic outcast.

Jesus was a jew too, until you chanted crucify him because you lost a half penny in the temple dirt.

Try again stinky

You are so clueless that I had to point out to you the bible verse that demands that real jews not shower before they rock like autistic outcast.

Jesus was a jew too, until you chanted crucify him because you lost a half penny in the temple dirt.
Jews don't poskin from the Torah without the rules laid out in the mishnah.

To which of the 7 Yeshu's in the Talmud are you referring?

Now tell me why you admire the Christians and Muslims in the Balkans murder each other in autistic fits.

So tell my Jesus isn’t the main front of the catholic religion instead of marry?

also, do you believe in Jesus, or do you just follow a religion? Or neither! That’s all that matters

Forum List

Back