Why is there a pope?

More like 5% NT is out of the OT and is quoted completely out of context.
Since you're a Jew Hater you will never read the original verses in-context to see how your leaders have been lying to you.
Which version of the New Testament are you reading? Second, I would not be so positive that we are being lied to. For example, the Catholic Study Bible includes many footnotes on original Old Testament context.

I like Matthew...he uses the New Testament as an overlay of the Old Testament; the Old Testament as a kind of foreshadowing of the New Testament. For a community that was both Jew and Gentile in his time, from a literary standpoint, this was actually a very good idea.

I do agree with you should Christians read the Old Testament alongside Jewish commentary, they would benefit and be amazed by the study.

The episode at the Temple Mount could not have happened; he would have been tried and executed and the Romans wouldn't have given a shit.
In fact, shortly after it happened he was tried and executed. And you are right, the Romans could not have cared less.
This particular fool is so deluded with his hate that he can not even see

Then why does the rosary prayer ask for intercession from Mary on behalf of sinners?

im truly open to the truth, it just doesn’t line up with scripture. That’s all I’m saying.
Catholics believe both the living and those who have passed on are members of the Body of Christ. Jesus noted that where two or more are joined in prayer, their prayer is heard. Asking Mary to join us in our prayers is two or more just as alive and vibrant as when we ask friends and family to join in prayer.

Keep in mind, some Christians began separating from these beliefs back in the 1500s. Some sects believe that those who passed on are asleep. Catholic belief is in the living soul/spirit which has returned to God.

is so deluded with his hate that he can not even see
No he is not. He has a beautiful faith which he understands very well. His understanding of the Christian faith is (understandably) not so well understood. And that's okay. Our lives are so busy we only have time for so much study.

is so deluded with his hate that he can not even see
No he is not. He has a beautiful faith which he understands very well. His understanding of the Christian faith is (understandably) not so well understood. And that's okay. Our lives are so busy we only have time for so much study.
His beautiful faith is bashing mine, that is not beauty but terror.

Wake up doofus, he would crucify either of us today just as he chanted crucify Jesus long ago.

So I was reading in Matthew 23, and verse 9 says “And do not call anyone on earth ‘father,’ for you have one Father, and he is in heaven.”
It seems clear that Catholicism is a pagan religion. So now I pose the question. If we are not to perform this kind of worship, isn’t the Vatican it’s own governing body under the religion of Catholicism? We wouldn’t call our governors or officials “father”. Shouldn’t they repent?
Paul wanted a religion that was opposite Judaism.
Judaism does not have an appointed central authority.
Paul created a religion with an appointed central authority,
It also meant that anyone who opposed the religion was owned by satan.
Please show me where Paul started any religion. He taught the doctrine of Christ after his conversion. He taught of unity in a body of believers. He taught oneness with God. He taught the cross of Christ. He did not create a religion, but expounded on the idea of living by faith.
Christ had no religion. Religions are formed by people
The Epistles and Gospels disagree with you.
What religion was Jesus then?

This ought to be good
Yeshu, as stated by his brother James, was an observant Jew,
Paul, as stated by Yeshu's brother James, lied like a banshee to create a new religion acceptable by the Greeks and Romans.
Know I know you have never read the NT.
Says the crack addict who did not know that Jesus was executed

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Jesus was executed way after The Temple episode.
You're ignorance is amusing.
None of the unbathed smelly fools at the temple had the balls. Besides they lost a penny and were too busy digging for it
Did you ever read the NT or did you do the proper Christian thing and just read the 30 out-of-context verses selected by the Holy Roman Empire?
By the way, you're beyond boring.
I would suggest to you to view the following. GOD is speaking to you through this man:

So I was reading in Matthew 23, and verse 9 says “And do not call anyone on earth ‘father,’ for you have one Father, and he is in heaven.”
It seems clear that Catholicism is a pagan religion. So now I pose the question. If we are not to perform this kind of worship, isn’t the Vatican it’s own governing body under the religion of Catholicism? We wouldn’t call our governors or officials “father”. Shouldn’t they repent?
Please show me where Paul started any religion. He taught the doctrine of Christ after his conversion. He taught of unity in a body of believers. He taught oneness with God. He taught the cross of Christ. He did not create a religion, but expounded on the idea of living by faith.

This ought to be good
Paul, as stated by Yeshu's brother James, lied like a banshee to create a new religion acceptable by the Greeks and Romans.

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
None of the unbathed smelly fools at the temple had the balls. Besides they lost a penny and were too busy digging for it
Did you ever read the NT or did you do the proper Christian thing and just read the 30 out-of-context verses selected by the Holy Roman Empire?
I would suggest to you to view the following. GOD is speaking to you through this man:

He needs rehab, not Jesus.

This ought to be good

LOL Taz you need rehab because any mention of God requires you to deny

This ought to be good

I'm agnostic and see no proof either for or against the existence of a god. But leave the door open if anyone comes up with real proof either way. Can't be any fairer than that.

But that dude was hallucinating things beyond this world. He probably went down the k-hole. :biggrin:

Wake up doofus, he would crucify either of us today just as he chanted crucify Jesus long ago.
Actually people of the Jewish faith are too focused on their own faith to bother much with Christianity. They do not proselytize yet they have to put up with people coming to their synagogues to proselytize them. Second, Jews and Christians have had many incidents that Christians have reason for shame. Third, while my German grandfather's family moved to the US at the time of the Civil War, that does mean that at the time of WWII, I probably had very distance cousins in Nazi Germany. Yet he has never accused me of wanting to throw him into an extermination camp. Finally, Jews did not hold crucifixions--Rome did.

Jesus lived at a time where, unfortunately, the Temple leaders were a very questionable, political family who had less interest in their fellow Jews than in the wealth and power that came with being cozy with Rome. Other activists at the time had of goal of driving Rome out and restoring government leadership to the Jews. Jesus was different. He was after the hypocrisy of the Annas and Caiaphas family--and others like them who held positions of authority and chose Rome over their own people. Notice it was this family--and people like them--who hustled Jesus over to the Romans. Ever wonder why they did this? Because the average Jew was interested in Jesus and what he had to say. He had become a kind of a folk hero. Better for the politicos to direct the people's anger at Rome for killing their fallen hero rather than have them angry with their leadership at the Temple. Messy, political business.

Now imagine modern day Indeependent back in time. He could very well have been a Jew who joined one of the groups who had followed Jesus, yet still kept the Sabbath and Jewish Law. Things went well for awhile, but then Gentiles entered the picture...Things were changing and he and his family chose to remain with traditional Judaism, to be faithful to the original Covenant they had with God. In fact, he had little problem with Jesus...he had great problems those who were not even Jews wanting to bring new meaning to the history and the stories he loved--and his own ancestors had lived.

Like the song says...before you condemn, criticize, and accuse, walk a mile in his shoes.

Actually people of the Jewish faith are too focused on their own faith to bother much with Christianity. They do not proselytize yet they have to put up with people coming to their synagogues to proselytize them. Second, Jews and Christians have had many incidents that Christians have reason for shame. Third, while my German grandfather's family moved to the US at the time of the Civil War, that does mean that at the time of WWII, I probably had very distance cousins in Nazi Germany. Yet he has never accused me of wanting to throw him into an extermination camp. Finally, Jews did not hold crucifixions--Rome did.

Jesus lived at a time where, unfortunately, the Temple leaders were a very questionable, political family who had less interest in their fellow Jews than in the wealth and power that came with being cozy with Rome. Other activists at the time had of goal of driving Rome out and restoring government leadership to the Jews. Jesus was different. He was after the hypocrisy of the Annas and Caiaphas family--and others like them who held positions of authority and chose Rome over their own people. Notice it was this family--and people like them--who hustled Jesus over to the Romans. Ever wonder why they did this? Because the average Jew was interested in Jesus and what he had to say. He had become a kind of a folk hero. Better for the politicos to direct the people's anger at Rome for killing their fallen hero rather than have them angry with their leadership at the Temple. Messy, political business.

Now imagine modern day Indeependent back in time. He could very well have been a Jew who joined one of the groups who had followed Jesus, yet still kept the Sabbath and Jewish Law. Things went well for awhile, but then Gentiles entered the picture...Things were changing and he and his family chose to remain with traditional Judaism, to be faithful to the original Covenant they had with God. In fact, he had little problem with Jesus...he had great problems those who were not even Jews wanting to bring new meaning to the history and the stories he loved--and his own ancestors had lived.

Like the song says...before you condemn, criticize, and accuse, walk a mile in his shoes.
Nah indeependent would have been one of the vendors that Jesus attacked in the temple and he knows this which is why he lives in denial

This ought to be good

I'm agnostic and see no proof either for or against the existence of a god. But leave the door open if anyone comes up with real proof either way. Can't be any fairer than that.

But that dude was hallucinating things beyond this world. He probably went down the k-hole. :biggrin:

My belief in God comes from science not the bible. As science does not allow for codes writing themselves from nothingness. Thus an intelligence is required.

Nah indeependent would have been one of the vendors that Jesus attacked in the temple and he knows this which is why he lives in denial
What Indeependent knows is that the Court of the Gentiles was a designated part of the Temple set aside for a specific purpose. Sure, as a Gentile, I would have been hurt that to Jews I was considered to be as dirty as an animal--but then as an animal lover I would have stood proud.

But here is what you may not have considered: The unanswerable question is whether Jesus knocked over tables in the Court of the Gentiles where such activities were needed and expected, calling to mind that the Temple was to be a place of worship for all. Or, more likely, whether it occurred where a few very greedy priests (most likely of the Annas/Caiaphas family) had set up their own Table in a holy place next to the Court of the Gentiles.

It is argued that a normal Jew would not thought twice about seeing animals being driven from a holy part of the Temple; they would have expected it. Jesus remarked that a holy place should not be occupied by a den of thieves. I have no doubt that Indeependent would agree with this remark--always considering that the event did not take place in the Court of the Gentiles where the exchange of money and animals was permitted. Indeependent has been insisting Jesus would have been mobbed by the Jews had he interfered with this, and therefore questions whether the event took place. However, what if the event took place more on the edge of the Court of Gentiles, where few would have even noticed what had gone on--and would not have thought twice about seeing animals being driven from a holy place into the Court of the Gentiles, not from the Court of the Gentiles into the city streets.

I will bet you dollars to donuts if we go back in time--and IF Indeependent performed work as a money changer, we would find him where he should be--well within the Court of the Gentiles. Not only that, his table would be surrounded because he was known to be honest and to give a fair exchange.

What Indeependent knows is that the Court of the Gentiles was a designated part of the Temple set aside for a specific purpose. Sure, as a Gentile, I would have been hurt that to Jews I was considered to be as dirty as an animal--but then as an animal lover I would have stood proud.

But here is what you may not have considered: The unanswerable question is whether Jesus knocked over tables in the Court of the Gentiles where such activities were needed and expected, calling to mind that the Temple was to be a place of worship for all. Or, more likely, whether it occurred where a few very greedy priests (most likely of the Annas/Caiaphas family) had set up their own Table in a holy place next to the Court of the Gentiles.

It is argued that a normal Jew would not thought twice about seeing animals being driven from a holy part of the Temple; they would have expected it. Jesus remarked that a holy place should not be occupied by a den of thieves. I have no doubt that Indeependent would agree with this remark--always considering that the event did not take place in the Court of the Gentiles where the exchange of money and animals was permitted. Indeependent has been insisting Jesus would have been mobbed by the Jews had he interfered with this, and therefore questions whether the event took place. However, what if the event took place more on the edge of the Court of Gentiles, where few would have even noticed what had gone on--and would not have thought twice about seeing animals being driven from a holy place into the Court of the Gentiles, not from the Court of the Gentiles into the city streets.

I will bet you dollars to donuts if we go back in time--and IF Indeependent performed work as a money changer, we would find him where he should be--well within the Court of the Gentiles. Not only that, his table would be surrounded because he was known to be honest and to give a fair exchange.
Go stand in front of a wall and rock like an autistic child for the rest of your life.

And make sure that you do not take a shower before or after

This ought to be good

My belief in God comes from science not the bible. As science does not allow for codes writing themselves from nothingness. Thus an intelligence is required.

Science doesn't prove god. It's a possibility, but to make the jump from no real proof requires faith.

So who made god?

This ought to be good

Science doesn't prove god. It's a possibility, but to make the jump from no real proof requires faith.

So who made god?

Actually the proof is in DNA. And every dopey professor who tried to get it to magically appear from nothing.

So do you believe that life is magic or a massively sophisticated molecular computer type code? Remembering that life uses electricity just as the CPU in your computer

This ought to be good

So who made god?

Actually the proof is in DNA. And every dopey professor who tried to get it to magically appear from nothing.

So do you believe that life is magic or a massively sophisticated molecular computer type code? Remembering that life uses electricity just as the CPU in your computer

Science and I don't know what it's all about, that's why we keep looking. You on the other hand, have settled on something rather simplistic to fit into your reality.

:thanks:

Forum List

Back