Why is there a pope?

So I was reading in Matthew 23, and verse 9 says ā€œAnd do not call anyone on earth ā€˜father,ā€™ for you have one Father, and he is in heaven.ā€
It seems clear that Catholicism is a pagan religion. So now I pose the question. If we are not to perform this kind of worship, isnā€™t the Vatican itā€™s own governing body under the religion of Catholicism? We wouldnā€™t call our governors or officials ā€œfatherā€. Shouldnā€™t they repent?
So you are babbling that I cant call my dad father
Donā€™t be so trivial. If you read the scripture then you would know thatā€™s not what anything is referring to.
In other words you are a retarded catholic who is fine with turning a blind eye to child sexual abuse.

Great life you must have playing with the little boys and girls
Wow, youā€™re not here to discuss anything of sustenance at all. Iā€™m not catholic and I donā€™t turn an eye to sin, which is why Iā€™m addressing the idolatry of the Catholic Church. But youā€™re here to incite argument and anger, so thereā€™s no value for you here
Are you aware the only reason you worship in the Christian religion is because of Rome, and the only reason you have the scriptures is due to Rome??

So I was reading in Matthew 23, and verse 9 says ā€œAnd do not call anyone on earth ā€˜father,ā€™ for you have one Father, and he is in heaven.ā€
It seems clear that Catholicism is a pagan religion. So now I pose the question. If we are not to perform this kind of worship, isnā€™t the Vatican itā€™s own governing body under the religion of Catholicism? We wouldnā€™t call our governors or officials ā€œfatherā€. Shouldnā€™t they repent?
Jesus isn't describing the Catholic Church any more than he is describing the PepsiCo Corporation, which also has a hierarchy. He's describing the kingdom. When we think of churches, we think of denominations or local congregations with staff, elders, volunteers, and rank-and-file members, which may be well and good. When we think of the church, however, we must think of the body of Christ, which lacks any hierarchy save for Christ alone. This body countenances no division, for the members support each other (1 Cor 12:25). All are citizens of Godā€™s household without class or rank (Eph 2:19). The lowly boasts in Christ and the powerful humbles himself in Christ (Jas 1:9-10). The lion lies down with the lamb, so to speak. No one rules and no one is ruled.

Within the assemblies and denominations, though, organization is inevitable. The assemblies have shepherds (1 Pt 5:2).
Read the full chapter before comparing Christā€™s headship to a soda company. When He brought them out of Egypt, he did not anoint a king. Why? Bc the throne belonged to God. He called a messenger except the messenger then needed a messenger and we see our first glimpse of what you would call an organized church. We were called to be brothers in Matthew 23 as well.

I persist that Pope Francis and the Roman Catholic system should be uprooted and they should repent and turn to Christ. No more ā€œfatherā€. The glory is due to Christ, not man. He should be ashamed for not even attempting unite the world under Christ in a time like this. No, they pull donations that went to the poor to full their deficit. Then Covid happened and they give 100k euros to Italy but no mention of what God is saying to him. Itā€™s because he doesnā€™t hear from God. Sorry, not sorry.

Would you have have the bible or the Christian Religion without Rome? Such is the RCC.
----------------------------------------------

ā€œI asked the Lord to stop the epidemic,ā€ Pope Francis said, describing how he prayed on Sunday afternoon when he walked ā€œon pilgrimageā€ along a deserted street in the center of Rome. ā€œLord, stop it with your hand. Thatā€™s what I prayed for.ā€

Pope Francis tells Italian newspaper: ā€˜I asked the Lord to stop the epidemic.ā€™
Thatā€™s it? My 4 year old could pray that prayer. Thereā€™s a time when you look at all the facts and realize things arenā€™t what they seem. The error in your understanding is forgetting the power of God. The Popes prayers go unanswered, so who will God listen to?

I'm sure your 4 year old could, can she pray the rosary?
Jesus isn't describing the Catholic Church any more than he is describing the PepsiCo Corporation, which also has a hierarchy. He's describing the kingdom. When we think of churches, we think of denominations or local congregations with staff, elders, volunteers, and rank-and-file members, which may be well and good. When we think of the church, however, we must think of the body of Christ, which lacks any hierarchy save for Christ alone. This body countenances no division, for the members support each other (1 Cor 12:25). All are citizens of Godā€™s household without class or rank (Eph 2:19). The lowly boasts in Christ and the powerful humbles himself in Christ (Jas 1:9-10). The lion lies down with the lamb, so to speak. No one rules and no one is ruled.

Within the assemblies and denominations, though, organization is inevitable. The assemblies have shepherds (1 Pt 5:2).
Read the full chapter before comparing Christā€™s headship to a soda company. When He brought them out of Egypt, he did not anoint a king. Why? Bc the throne belonged to God. He called a messenger except the messenger then needed a messenger and we see our first glimpse of what you would call an organized church. We were called to be brothers in Matthew 23 as well.

I persist that Pope Francis and the Roman Catholic system should be uprooted and they should repent and turn to Christ. No more ā€œfatherā€. The glory is due to Christ, not man. He should be ashamed for not even attempting unite the world under Christ in a time like this. No, they pull donations that went to the poor to full their deficit. Then Covid happened and they give 100k euros to Italy but no mention of what God is saying to him. Itā€™s because he doesnā€™t hear from God. Sorry, not sorry.

Would you have have the bible or the Christian Religion without Rome? Such is the RCC.

ā€œI asked the Lord to stop the epidemic,ā€ Pope Francis said, describing how he prayed on Sunday afternoon when he walked ā€œon pilgrimageā€ along a deserted street in the center of Rome. ā€œLord, stop it with your hand. Thatā€™s what I prayed for.ā€

Pope Francis tells Italian newspaper: ā€˜I asked the Lord to stop the epidemic.ā€™
Thatā€™s it? My 4 year old could pray that prayer. Thereā€™s a time when you look at all the facts and realize things arenā€™t what they seem. The error in your understanding is forgetting the power of God. The Popes prayers go unanswered, so who will God listen to?

Itā€™s false theology, so why would we?
So what does she pray?
Lol, love how you blow by the false theology of Catholicism to interrogate me on how my children pray. We pray the Fathers prayer and we pray from the heart when thereā€™s an immediate need. How bout you tell me why one needs to pray the rosary? Or why one should? Bc from what I can tell, you donā€™t see an issue with it.

Donā€™t be so trivial. If you read the scripture then you would know thatā€™s not what anything is referring to.
In other words you are a retarded catholic who is fine with turning a blind eye to child sexual abuse.

Wow, youā€™re not here to discuss anything of sustenance at all. Iā€™m not catholic and I donā€™t turn an eye to sin, which is why Iā€™m addressing the idolatry of the Catholic Church. But youā€™re here to incite argument and anger, so thereā€™s no value for you here
Are you aware the only reason you worship in the Christian religion is because of Rome, and the only reason you have the scriptures is due to Rome??
Have you read chapter 4 of John? True worshipers of God worship in spirit and truth. Rome actually polluted the church by allowing idolatry into the temples, so though for the most part your history is accurate, by giving RCC all the credit, you seem to be misconstruing the truth and glorifying man instead of God, which ironically is what Catholics do.

You played yourself.

Iā€™m addressing the idolatry of the Catholic Church.
You bring to the board your perception of idolatry in the Catholic Church. In fact, there is no idolatry, and this being the case, you may be at peace, and feel free to follow a denomination you understand better.

So what does she pray?
Lol, love how you blow by the false theology of Catholicism to interrogate me on how my children pray. We pray the Fathers prayer and we pray from the heart when thereā€™s an immediate need. How bout you tell me why one needs to pray the rosary? Or why one should? Bc from what I can tell, you donā€™t see an issue with it.

I use to everyday, how are you to know the stations of the cross and because its good meditation.
I am a non believer about 10 years or so, I grew up in the Catholic religion and its all I know and all I needed to know. If you want Christian lite your good to go. All you need is to have faith, and be re-born.

Actually I answered you and you do not like the answer. Again the pope is the spiritual leader of most pedophiles.

Enjoy

How bout you tell me why one needs to pray the rosary? Or why one should? Bc from what I can tell, you donā€™t see an issue with it.
The Catholic Church teaches three forms of prayer: Words, where one speaks with God. Meditation, where one reflects on God's word and the life of Christ. Contemplation, where one clears one's mind of everything and lets the Holy Spirit do His work.

The Rosary is a prayer of meditation, where we reflect on the joys Christ brought to the world; his sorrows; his miracles. The cadence of the Rosary helps to focus the mind so it remains on topic.

I use to everyday, how are you to know the stations of the cross and because its good meditation.
I am a non believer about 10 years or so, I grew up in the Catholic religion and its all I know and all I needed to know. If you want Christian lite your good to go. All you need is to have faith, and be re-born.
Well said.

Have you read chapter 4 of John? True worshipers of God worship in spirit and truth. Rome actually polluted the church by allowing idolatry into the temples, so though for the most part your history is accurate, by giving RCC all the credit, you seem to be misconstruing the truth and glorifying man instead of God, which ironically is what Catholics do.

You played yourself.
The temples are not churches jr.

Wrong pp, rome used to feed christians to lions

Next

How bout you tell me why one needs to pray the rosary? Or why one should? Bc from what I can tell, you donā€™t see an issue with it.
The Catholic Church teaches three forms of prayer: Words, where one speaks with God. Meditation, where one reflects on God's word and the life of Christ. Contemplation, where one clears one's mind of everything and lets the Holy Spirit do His work.

The Rosary is a prayer of meditation, where we reflect on the joys Christ brought to the world; his sorrows; his miracles. The cadence of the Rosary helps to focus the mind so it remains on topic.
Thatā€™s great and all but the disciples asked Jesus how to pray and he didnā€™t say anything about his mother. Itā€™s idolatry. The Fathers prayer is focused as well, no need for an intercession from the Virgin Mary. If you read the Bible, you clearly see that we are to meditate in His Word day and night. If you need beads and a crucifix, youā€™re not worshiping in spirit or truth.

So what does she pray?

You canā€™t be reborn if you have a false theology. That transformation cannot take place until we allow Christ to root out the falsehoods and sins in our lives, when your falsehood becomes your religion, you end up being an unbeliever 10 years down the road. Thatā€™s not transformation. But I do hope you get there. By Christ alone.

Thatā€™s great and all but the disciples asked Jesus how to pray and he didnā€™t say anything about his mother. Itā€™s idolatry. The Fathers prayer is focused as well, no need for an intercession from the Virgin Mary. If you read the Bible, you clearly see that we are to meditate in His Word day and night. If you need beads and a crucifix, youā€™re not worshiping in spirit or truth.
Real prayers are not said but acted. Such as feeding or tending to the poor

When Jesus prayed he wanted all of his followers to remain as one, to gather together in prayer, there is no mention of leaving his mother out. Being part of the Body of Christ is the very antithesis of idolatry. For those of you who can meditate without any distractions entering your mind, be thankful. There is no need to stomp on those who use simple, but effective techniques to maintain the focus you are blessed to have. For some reason the parable of the Pharisee and the Tax Collector comes to mind.

Real prayers are not said but acted. Such as feeding or tending to the poor
This is true. However, praying before such actions may give added strength and insights.
Only to retards that beg a non caring god for help.

Mother Teresa never had time to pray as she was always feeding or otherwise caring for someone

Actually I answered you and you do not like the answer. Again the pope is the spiritual leader of most pedophiles.

Enjoy
Which makes Progs proud.

So what does she pray?

You canā€™t be reborn if you have a false theology. That transformation cannot take place until we allow Christ to root out the falsehoods and sins in our lives, when your falsehood becomes your religion, you end up being an unbeliever 10 years down the road. Thatā€™s not transformation. But I do hope you get there. By Christ alone.

I never plan on being reborn, I was baptized.

Forum List

Back