🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Why is This??

Tell me what other reason is there for maternity leave other than just having a child? (Adoption of an infant is stipulated)

There you go again. You can't bring yourself to leave out the qualifier "just," because you are a dishonest interlocutor. You make demands to have your questions answered but you can't even exercise enough self-control to ask them in a serious manner.

So to recap after 9 pages. Repubs want you to have the baby by any means then they argue that after having the baby don't expect or request any "special treatment" because giving a mother special treatment would be a bad thing....for companies.

Companies first and all...

Quite an assumption that every child born benefits society.

It is quite a FACT that society does not exist without members, and does not thrive if those members are not raised and educated well to become productive citizens. You, by yourself in your little grotto, are essentially meaningless. I see no reason for you to consider yourself an American at all. Your attitude would be just as applicable no matter what country your cavern were located in.

So to recap after 9 pages. Repubs want you to have the baby by any means then they argue that after having the baby don't expect or request any "special treatment" because giving a mother special treatment would be a bad thing....for companies.

That's not a "recap," it's an editorial, and a foolish, dishonest one at that.

Sure because everyone was saying how mothers should receive maternatity leave, I just didn't see it, right?

The reason, in my opinion, is that up to about the 70s and 80s being a stay a home mother was looked upon as a GOOD thing not a bad thing. People planned for mom staying home and raising the kids. Then the women's lib movement changed all that and liberalism spread to the ruination of the country. Now it is expected that women work, my wife, did not, soon we will be expecting women to serve in the front line of combat, and we attempt to equalize jobs by making the requirements less so women can qualify.

All which may be good or may not. Paid maternity leave just hasn't caught up with the changing trend in America, it will soon enough, again not making America a better place just a different place.

Sure because everyone was saying how mothers should receive maternatity leave, I just didn't see it, right?

You're seeing what you want to see. That's what partisan hacks do.

Tell me what other reason is there for maternity leave other than just having a child? (Adoption of an infant is stipulated)

There you go again. You can't bring yourself to leave out the qualifier "just," because you are a dishonest interlocutor. You make demands to have your questions answered but you can't even exercise enough self-control to ask them in a serious manner.

There is JUST one reason for maternity leave is there not?

It's not a qualifier when the word just signifies there is only one.

I have just one apple. That is not a derogatory regarding apples.

The fact that you want to argue semantics is very telling.

Because people choose to have children is no reason to afford them special treatment.

Yes it is, because it is immeasurably more important than your "lifestyle choices." I addressed this in my response.

It is immeasurably important to you.

We have no obligation to society to procreate. Once we are dead we are no longer a member of society so its existence at that point as far as you or I are concerned is irrelevant.

It is quite a FACT that society does not exist without members, and does not thrive if those members are not raised and educated well to become productive citizens. You, by yourself in your little grotto, are essentially meaningless. I see no reason for you to consider yourself an American at all. Your attitude would be just as applicable no matter what country your cavern were located in.

And again what is your obligation to produce more members of society; a society that when you are dead will not matter in the least as far as you are concerned?

Or are you saying that you are so important to the human race that your DNA has to be included in all future societies because it will benefit them soooooo much?

Having a child is a lifestyle choice and nothing more.

Tell me why does a woman deserve 12 paid weeks off because she chooses to have a child?

There is JUST one reason for maternity leave is there not?

It's not a qualifier when the word just signifies there is only one.

I have just one apple. That is not a derogatory regarding apples.

The fact that you want to argue semantics is very telling.

Now you're going to play semantic games instead of communicating like a reasonable adult? I wonder why........... :eusa_whistle:

And again what is your obligation to produce more members of society

No one is asking you to do so (to say the least).

It is obviously much more, you bitter little misanthrope. You really are nuts ~ :cuckoo:

Yes it is, because it is immeasurably more important than your "lifestyle choices." I addressed this in my response.

It is immeasurably important to you.

It is immeasurably more important to society, which is immeasurably more important than you.

So now we are beholden to society and not allowed to be considered individuals?

We have no obligation to society other than to obey the laws of the society in which we live.

I obey laws and do not violate the rights of anyone. What happens to that society after i die is irrelevant to those living now and only relevant to those who will live after me.

The dead have no influence.

And I do not hold society above individuals as you seem to do. Society is a collection of individuals nothing more.

H3O4kRz.jpg

Now you tell me why everyone else finds families important enough to make sure they can eat while caring for a newborn and why America is so kick ass that women don't need Maternity leave?

if democrats cared about maternalism they wouldn't be aborting 40 million human beans, now would they?

It is obviously much more, you bitter little misanthrope. You really are nuts ~ :cuckoo:

Enlighten me.

You chose to have children did you not?

That is a lifestyle choice

I chose not to have children

That is a life style choice.

Since there is no mandate to reproduce having a child cannot be anything but a choice.

Do you really need to think you are somehow special because you chose to have a child?

How Many People Have Ever Lived on Earth?

According to the linked article 108 billion people have been born in the last 50,000 years.

When something happens 108,000,000,000 times it is quite mundane.

That you can't separate your need for validation as being "special" for doing something so mundane as reproducing from the simple facts is another symptom of your narcissism.

And again what is your obligation to produce more members of society

No one is asking you to do so (to say the least).

Still won't answer a simple question.

Forum List

Back