🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Why isn't Melania Trump promoting AMERICAN Designers?

Dragonlady

Designing Woman
Dec 1, 2012
Niagara Escarpment
One of the things that First Ladies have always done is to promote American designers by wearing American designed clothing at State Functions. Melania Trump has chosen to wear French designers at the Inauguration and at the White House dinner for Bibi and his wife last night.

I guess "America First" isn't something the Trumps are doing.

One of the things that First Ladies have always done is to promote American designers by wearing American designed clothing at State Functions. Melania Trump has chosen to wear French designers at the Inauguration and at the White House dinner for Bibi and his wife last night.

/--- American designers are boycotting the First Lady - as you well know unless you're dumber than we all thought. So why should she promote anyone who refuses to design for her? Why, Snowflake, why why why?

How many of those American designers have already said they won't dress the first lady??

Last edited:
Maybe it's her way of saying "F U" to the designers who refused to dress her after her husband won the election.

Being a Canadian who doesn't deal with tabloid press, I had no idea that American designers are boycotting her. Good for them!!!

But she could have found some low level desperate person to wear. Jackie Kennedy used new, lower level designers and promoted them.

The Trumps COULD have found a way, but chose not to.

I guess you don't know what you're talking about like always. Why the hell would she wear their crap when they refuse her?

Being a Canadian who doesn't deal with tabloid press, I had no idea that American designers are boycotting her. Good for them!!!

But she could have found some low level desperate person to wear. Jackie Kennedy used new, lower level designers and promoted them.

Could have. But then the baying mob would have found some other bullshit to attack her on, so why bother.

Being a Canadian

What's it to you then?

I want the fashion industry to come back to North America. The only way I can get high quality, North American made clothing is to make them myself, which I am doing, but I would like to be able to buy something that wasn't made in China, Korea or Bangla Desh. Something made with quality fabrics, not the throw-away tissue paper coming out of Asia.

Didn't she wear a Ralph Lauren on inauguration day? Last I heard he was an American. Since we're nit picking....

Being a Canadian

What's it to you then?

I want the fashion industry to come back to North America. The only way I can get high quality, North American made clothing is to make them myself, which I am doing, but I would like to be able to buy something that wasn't made in China, Korea or Bangla Desh. Something made with quality fabrics, not the throw-away tissue paper coming out of Asia.

Very few clothing lines are actually made in America...far cheaper to pay employees $1.25 an hour in China, Korea or Singapore

Being a Canadian

What's it to you then?

Why don't you volunteer to dress the First Lady? Wait. You're not an American, are you? Go dress your Prime Minister.

Being a Canadian

What's it to you then?

Why don't you volunteer to dress the First Lady? Wait. You're not an American, are you? Go dress your Prime Minister.

He looks like he'd be right at home in a dress

Being a Canadian

What's it to you then?

Then offer your services to the first lady, or did she refuse you and this is why you are asking why she does not use someone from North America!?!

Personally I use Italian and British before American but that is my personal choice, I can not knock the first lady...

Also when you create your clothing do you make sure your material is from Canada or do you buy imported quality from Egypt or England!?!

Yeah...that is NOT what happened.

In FACT, Jackie Kennedy chose Oleg Cassini as her exclusive designer. He was a long established designer who started his career in the U.S. as a costume designer in Hollywood. He had won a dual to win his wife and immigrated to the United States from Italy where his mother founded a fashion house. Before coming to the U.S. he had opened his own fashion boutique in Rome where he had designed costumes for the Rome film industry as well as for Roman Society.

Care to try again?

Forum List

Back