🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Why isn't Melania Trump promoting AMERICAN Designers?

Being a Canadian who doesn't deal with tabloid press, I had no idea that American designers are boycotting her. Good for them!!!

But she could have found some low level desperate person to wear. Jackie Kennedy used new, lower level designers and promoted them.

The Trumps COULD have found a way, but chose not to.

Yeah...that is NOT what happened.

In FACT, Jackie Kennedy chose Oleg Cassini as her exclusive designer. He was a long established designer who started his career in the U.S. as a costume designer in Hollywood. He had won a dual to win his wife and immigrated to the United States from Italy where his mother founded a fashion house. Before coming to the U.S. he had opened his own fashion boutique in Rome where he had designed costumes for the Rome film industry as well as for Roman Society.

Care to try again?

Yes, and you're half right. Cassini moved to New York from Hollywood where he designed for movie stars for a few years, and he lobbied the Kennedy's to be Jackie's exclusive designer. He was a relatively unknown designer
when she chose him, in terms of the general public because he only designed for the movies prior to moving to New York.

Due to his connection to the Kennedy's, he became highly successful and sought after, and later made a lot of money licensing his name and designs.

Being a Canadian who doesn't deal with tabloid press, I had no idea that American designers are boycotting her. Good for them!!!

But she could have found some low level desperate person to wear. Jackie Kennedy used new, lower level designers and promoted them.

The Trumps COULD have found a way, but chose not to.

I HAVE A MAD ABOUT TRUMP BLAH BLAH BLAH

dragonlady told why something was the case...

I HAVE THE OPPOSITE MAD ABOUT TRUMP AND YAY TO THE PEOPLE CAUSING THE SITUATION I WAS MAD AT!!!

One of the things that First Ladies have always done is to promote American designers by wearing American designed clothing at State Functions. Melania Trump has chosen to wear French designers at the Inauguration and at the White House dinner for Bibi and his wife last night.

I guess "America First" isn't something the Trumps are doing.
Doesn't matter who the designer is, it matters where they are made. And most of them are made outside the US no matter who the designer is.

One of the things that First Ladies have always done is to promote American designers by wearing American designed clothing at State Functions. Melania Trump has chosen to wear French designers at the Inauguration and at the White House dinner for Bibi and his wife last night.

I guess "America First" isn't something the Trumps are doing.
Doesn't matter who the designer is, it matters where they are made. And most of them are made outside the US no matter who the designer is.

I did a bit of looking on Google, and found out how to tell a fake Ralph Lauren shirt from a fake.

The real ones are made in Sri Lanka or the Philippines, and have black stitching around the label.

Didn't she wear a Ralph Lauren on inauguration day? Last I heard he was an American. Since we're nit picking....

My favourite of her Inauguration outfits was the white gown she wore to the ball, which she helped design. Beautiful dress.

My error, I thought that powder blue outfit was Givenchy. It is Ralph Lauren. But those who said designers are refusing to dress her also lied. Other than Tom Ford, none of the 4 designers refusing to dress Melania are household names. Marc Jacobs was a rising star 15 years ago but hasn't been a big thing for more than 10 years.

America first!
IMG_0181.JPG

Forum List

Back