Why isn't the media covering the killing of an unarmed white youth by a black police officer?

Gracie

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2013
Lost
Why isn't the media covering the killing of an unarmed white youth by a black police officer?
267088.jpg

iStock

The case of Michael Brown, the unarmed, black teenager shot and killed by a white police officer, continues to make headlines weeks after the incident sparked riots and outrage in Ferguson, Missouri, and prompted a national debate.

Meanwhile, the case of Dillon Taylor, an unarmed, white 20-year-old shot and killed by a black policeman outside a 7-Eleven in Utah has received virtually no media coverage beyond local news reports.

The negligible coverage of the Taylor case by the mainstream media prompted many conservative critics to address the racial double standard. The Washington Times reports: "Talk-show host Rush Limbaugh blamed the discrepancy between the two cases on 'the liberal world view' that portrays whites as oppressors and blacks as victims."

The Times noted that CNN news host Jake Tapper acknowledged the discrepancy between the two cases, and noted that "the press often undercovers such topics as inner-city violence and the high rates of black-on-black crime."

According to Tapper, though, the Brown case is more newsworthy because of the national reaction it sparked, though some question whether the excessive media coverage of the violent protests actually served to fuel them.

--Teresa Mull

It's not PC. The editors and producers of our major news information outlets cannot get upset over this while having their $10.00 cafe latte or $20.00 glass of Chardonnay in downtown Manhattan.

lol. It amuses me that you think I am racist.

no it doesn't. or you wouldn't have hit the little red x. apparently it bothered you. so you pout.

the fact that you think you can view this in the same light as the epidemic of murders of unarmed black men is laughable. and if you don't want people to think you're racist, don't act like one. it's really simple.

Look, let's not make ths a racial issue. It is about the fact that the police are trained to shoot to kill whatever the circumstances. At some point, we have to ask why? At 20 ft. I can hit one leg or the other with a pistol. And I do not consider myself an expert with a handgun. Why cannot the police?

lol. It amuses me that you think I am racist.

no it doesn't. or you wouldn't have hit the little red x. apparently it bothered you. so you pout.

the fact that you think you can view this in the same light as the epidemic of murders of unarmed black men is laughable. and if you don't want people to think you're racist, don't raise silly issues.
Are you retarded? I Redex'd it because I don't agree with your take on it. There is no pouting, but there does seem to be some tears forming in your eyes. Poor dear.

Look, let's not make ths a racial issue. It is about the fact that the police are trained to shoot to kill whatever the circumstances. At some point, we have to ask why? At 20 ft. I can hit one leg or the other with a pistol. And I do not consider myself an expert with a handgun. Why cannot the police?
I read that the police are not trained to aim at smaller surfaces. They aim for the largest part of the body. The torso. Why they are trained that way, I don't know.

Doesn't fit the narrative that whites are violent animals that need to be done away with. Blacks also want what we have without doing anything to earn it so we must pay up!
Black on black crime is higher. But...that's over the head of some folks.

Black on white crime is much higher..Like 10 times as high per capita.

The black community and the media can only lie through their teeth...Sadly, most people buy this load of shit.

Doesn't fit the narrative that whites are violent animals that need to be done away with. Blacks also want what we have without doing anything to earn it so we must pay up!
Black on black crime is higher. But...that's over the head of some folks.

Black on white crime is much higher..Like 10 times as high per capita.

The black community and the media can only lie through their teeth...Sadly, most people buy this load of shit.

that's false. black on BLACK crime is far more common.

but that has nothing to do with the thread. the thread is a whine that somehow the killing of a white person by a black officer a) is somehow an endemic problem; and b) is somehow being ignored by the media.

i spent months watching the wingers on this board thing it was ok for a man to stalk and hunt down a young unarmed black man.

i'm afraid i find the concern about this issue uninteresting at best.

It's because of the blatant hypocrisy of our media. If the skin colors were reversed, we all know what would happen. The hypocrisy is despicable.

that's false. black on BLACK crime is far more common.

but that has nothing to do with the thread. the thread is a whine that somehow the killing of a white person by a black officer a) is somehow an endemic problem; and b) is somehow being ignored by the media.

i spent months watching the wingers on this board thing it was ok for a man to stalk and hunt down a young unarmed black man.

i'm afraid i find the concern about this issue uninteresting at best.

Tell that to the person who wrote it.

Forum List

Back