Why Johnny cant read or do math or science

Manonthestreet

Diamond Member
May 20, 2014
Poor teachers dont stand a chance.......

Exclusive: Elevated CO2 Levels Directly Affect Human Cognition, New Harvard Study Shows
In a landmark public health finding, a new study from the Harvard School of Public Health finds that carbon dioxide (CO2) has a direct and negative impact on human cognition and decision-making. These impacts have been observed at CO2 levels that most Americans — and their children — are routinely exposed to today inside classrooms, offices, homes, planes, and cars.

Exclusive: Elevated CO2 Levels Directly Affect Human Cognition, New Harvard Study Shows
In a landmark public health finding, a new study from the Harvard School of Public Health finds that carbon dioxide (CO2) has a direct and negative impact on human cognition and decision-making. These impacts have been observed at CO2 levels that most Americans — and their children — are routinely exposed to today inside classrooms, offices, homes, planes, and cars.

Too Funny:

The US Navy operates their submarine fleet at 1,500-6000ppm regularly.. Empirical evidence shows that it has no such effect... whom to believe? Left wing propagandists from Harvard or the US Navy who daily has more than 1800 nuclear weapons and officers controlling them in high CO2 environments?

I think this is just a propaganda ploy as it clearly says "the modeled effects".. These people dont know what CO2 does in our atmosphere and their models fail 100% of the time..

MODELS ARE NOT EMPIRICAL EVIDENCE OF ANYTHING!.. OMG! give me a break! simply more of the same unsubstantiated hype in a paper... That was supposedly "peer reviewed"... The peer review is so badly broken there is no integrity in science any more..

Last edited:

So, if Democrats stop exhaling ...

There's probably something to that. But my skepticism arises from the composition of the air in a crowded classroom or other confined space. On the Space Station -- the O2 levels are controlled for -- in a classroom -- not so much. In the latter case -- if the CO2 is high -- the O2 is most likely too low. And that would lead to confounding results in a study if not controlled for..

And why is this an issue? More about the efforts in "energy efficiency" where the focus is on preserving "conditioned air" -- whether it's been heated or cooled. And the increase in insulation and recirculation of air is a bigger threat to cognition -- than CO2 levels in the atmosphere will be for quite some time.. Gonna go out and walk the dog now and GAIN some cognition..

There's probably something to that. But my skepticism arises from the composition of the air in a crowded classroom or other confined space. On the Space Station -- the O2 levels are controlled for -- in a classroom -- not so much. In the latter case -- if the CO2 is high -- the O2 is most likely too low. And that would lead to confounding results in a study if not controlled for..

And why is this an issue? More about the efforts in "energy efficiency" where the focus is on preserving "conditioned air" -- whether it's been heated or cooled. And the increase in insulation and recirculation of air is a bigger threat to cognition -- than CO2 levels in the atmosphere will be for quite some time.. Gonna go out and walk the dog now and GAIN some cognition..

BINGO! WE have a winner...

This is precisely why the study is flawed. The other parts of the atmosphere, which have greater control over brain function, are never considered.

In subs they augment the air with O2 to maintain the O2 levels. Its not the CO2 that is the problem. It is the lack of O2 which creates the issue with cognitive thought and decision making.

This is precisely why the study is flawed. The other parts of the atmosphere, which have greater control over brain function, are never considered.

In subs they augment the air with O2 to maintain the O2 levels. Its not the CO2 that is the problem. It is the lack of O2 which creates the issue with cognitive thought and decision making.

Very well could be that these yahoos were so fixated on making a GWarming connection so that they could collect on their grant money -- that they forgot to mention that part in their press release. I'm SURE they addressed in their paper. Or -- I should say -- I HOPE they addressed it....

Now Johnny can eat all the lead paint he wants to.. Because GWarming is the larger threat to his 'lernin'..
Add it to the list. I'll wager $50 -- that was Global Warming grant money and NOT education dept money..

Very well could be that these yahoos were so fixated on making a GWarming connection so that they could collect on their grant money -- that they forgot to mention that part in their press release. I'm SURE they addressed in their paper. Or -- I should say -- I HOPE they addressed it....

O2 deprivation is a well known fact. When I ran ambulance many years ago we learned the benefit of just a small bypassing flow of oxygen to infants who were having trouble breathing. Even adults who were lethargic and semiconscious were brought fully awake and alert X4 by flows as low as 4 Liters/min.

The more I read of this paper these people have no concept of even basic human pathology. They jumped right to CO2 and bypassed basic human physiology. And they modeled most of this with incorrect assumptions.

I am loosing my faith in most of our colleges these days. They are simply looking for the next wad of grant monies and the studies are skewed to this kind of crap.

Damn.. I was wrong.. NIH study with monies from that "evil corporation" United Technologies.. ACTUALLY Joe Romm (a known science hack) embellished that study to make it all about Global Warming. The study itself is just what I thought it was -- an indoor air environmental study about conditioned air spaces.

EHP – Associations of Cognitive Function Scores with Carbon Dioxide, Ventilation, and Volatile Organic Compound Exposures in Office Workers: A Controlled Exposure Study of Green and Conventional Office Environments

Associations of Cognitive Function Scores with Carbon Dioxide, Ventilation, and Volatile Organic Compound Exposures in Office Workers: A Controlled Exposure Study of Green and Conventional Office Environments

Short running title: Green buildings and cognitive function Acknowledgments: We thank the study participants for volunteering and the reviewers of this manuscript for their insights that helped improve the manuscript. This research was supported by a gift from United Technologies to the Center for Health and the Global Environment at the Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health. Dr. Allen’s time was primarily supported by faculty startup funds, Dr. Spengler’s time was primarily funded by his endowed chair, and Mr. MacNaughton’s time was supported by NIEHS environmental epidemiology training grant 5T32ES007069-35. United Technologies Research Center provided limited input during the Environ Health Perspect DOI: 10.1289/ehp.1510037 Advance Publication: Not Copyedited 2 study design phase (support for adding a control day and adding a third CO2 test level). United Technologies was not involved in the data collection, data analysis, data interpretation, data presentation, or drafting of the manuscript

So it's actually "Green buildings" that are making Johnny stupid. Only in Joe Romm's fanatical mind does this have anything to do with GWarming. But it's a good topic for the Environment Forum..

Damn.. I was wrong.. NIH study with monies from that "evil corporation" United Technologies.. ACTUALLY Joe Romm (a known science hack) embellished that study to make it all about Global Warming. The study itself is just what I thought it was -- an indoor air environmental study about conditioned air spaces.

EHP – Associations of Cognitive Function Scores with Carbon Dioxide, Ventilation, and Volatile Organic Compound Exposures in Office Workers: A Controlled Exposure Study of Green and Conventional Office Environments

Associations of Cognitive Function Scores with Carbon Dioxide, Ventilation, and Volatile Organic Compound Exposures in Office Workers: A Controlled Exposure Study of Green and Conventional Office Environments

Short running title: Green buildings and cognitive function Acknowledgments: We thank the study participants for volunteering and the reviewers of this manuscript for their insights that helped improve the manuscript. This research was supported by a gift from United Technologies to the Center for Health and the Global Environment at the Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health. Dr. Allen’s time was primarily supported by faculty startup funds, Dr. Spengler’s time was primarily funded by his endowed chair, and Mr. MacNaughton’s time was supported by NIEHS environmental epidemiology training grant 5T32ES007069-35. United Technologies Research Center provided limited input during the Environ Health Perspect DOI: 10.1289/ehp.1510037 Advance Publication: Not Copyedited 2 study design phase (support for adding a control day and adding a third CO2 test level). United Technologies was not involved in the data collection, data analysis, data interpretation, data presentation, or drafting of the manuscript

So it's actually "Green buildings" that are making Johnny stupid. Only in Joe Romm's fanatical mind does this have anything to do with GWarming. But it's a good topic for the Environment Forum..

Its our air tight 'green" buildings causing O2 deprivation. No air circulation and exchange.. LOL.. and its done by Harvard students who have little or no medical training in human physiology. People who do not understand basic human pathology.

Thanks for confirming my belief.. Its a hack paper built on shoddy work and conjecture..

Its our air tight 'green" buildings causing O2 deprivation. No air circulation and exchange.. LOL.. and its done by Harvard students who have little or no medical training in human physiology. People who do not understand basic human pathology.

Thanks for confirming my belief.. Its a hack paper built on shoddy work and conjecture..

Paper's probably OK ... It's Joe Romm that made it into something it wasn't intended to be in that OP link.

If you think Johnny can't read or do math, you should see Jamal's scores.

Progressives k00k love Harvard........until they start putting out journal articles like THIS >>>

Harvard study concludes that gun control does not prevent murders, other violent crime

So....does anybody know.........in 2015, is coffee good for you or bad for you?:coffee:

They change this shit every few years!!

Meanwhile, of course the climate impacts your health!!! Fucking............duh............life is tradeoffs you knuckleheads. If you want to go back to sleds and bicycles to get around.......stay home all the time.........throw out your stOOpid-phones........and live life in 1750's style, you'll love the Harvard conclusions.

To most people though............nobody cares.:dunno:

The research is designed for one purpose!! Prop up the fringe green energy industry which provides us nearly zero amount of our electricity.:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::spinner:

Progressives k00k love Harvard........until they start putting out journal articles like THIS >>>

Harvard study concludes that gun control does not prevent murders, other violent crime

So....does anybody know.........in 2015, is coffee good for you or bad for you?:coffee:

Meanwhile, of course the climate impacts your health!!! Fucking............duh............life is tradeoffs you knuckleheads. If you want to go back to sleds and bicycles to get around.......stay home all the time.........throw out your stOOpid-phones........and live life in 1750's style, you'll love the Harvard conclusions.

The research is designed for one purpose!! Prop up the fringe green energy industry which provides us nearly zero amount of our electricity.:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::spinner:

NO doubt this is peer reviewed settled science and you should show some respect.....

NO doubt this is peer reviewed settled science and you should show some respect.....

When it's used inappropriately and skewed for political gain? The paper addresses closed environments and "green" stupidity. Beyond that, its use as a political football is crap and unsubstantiated by the science presented.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back