Why judge anyone? Why can't beliefs about transgender identity be respected equally?

62817254.jpg

Flaky's typical weak argument...

How quick Flaky forgets the Christian loves the sinner...

But blames the Christian who doesn't love the sin...
Your post clearly show that you abandon Christian duty: you clearly hate the sinner. I am not championing the morality or not of the LGBT any more than I condemn your cheating ways. I do champion their right to be what they are and don't care if you disagree.

What is wrong with people having conflicting beliefs about transgender identity.
To some people it's internal, and not a choice.
To others it's about external appearance, a behavioral choice.
Why not treat both approaches as creeds, and weigh and respect them equally under law?
Is that really too much to ask?

If Hindus, Muslims and Vegans don't agree on not eating beef, pork or no meat at all;
does this require govt to pass a policy imposing one and excluding another? For matters of beliefs or creeds, what happened to govt generally staying out of conflicts and letting people work it out and decide for themselves how to exercise their beliefs without stepping on each other's boundaries.

Do we see Lutherans suing to force Catholics to open up their communions to everyone to avoid discrimination? The policy of letting institutions work out their own systems works in private; why can't bathroom policies be treated as personal. Sure, where public institutions are involved, nobody should be discriminated against, but that goes both ways; a policy that seeks to CORRECT an issue of discrimination can't impose a different one and be pushed as a solution.

If a couple is the only Vegan at a dinner is there anything wrong with preparing a meal differently for that couple, WITHOUT changing the whole menu for all the other guests so they are all treated the same?

Let's compare some other scenarios, tell me if you see the similarities or not:

When Muslims want to pray at work, they may request a special arrangement with their management to have a quiet place to pray 5 times a day.
Does this mean EVERYONE has to be subject to that? No. it's kept in private.
There is nothing shameful about being different, and doing something in a private
room or corner that nobody else has to ask for and do.

If Christians want to express or share their beliefs in ways that affect others, people have the right to say NO I don't feel comfortable. Don't impose that on me in public, keep it in private. This isn't considered discrimination but courtesy to understand other people may not take it the same way it is meant.

Some people don't get how is it imposing on Christians to ask them to keep their ways to themselves. But some of their belief is based on duty to share with others, and they feel excluded and a sense of loss at being denied what is natural to them as free expression and exercise. to others it is imposing and pushing religion in public.

Here isn't something similar happening? Both sides have beliefs that impact the others.
Neither side is going to get their way without infringing on the sense of security of the others. So that is why Unisex restrooms or neutral / singlestalled facilities seem the best option which don't require EITHER side to change their views or change how they act.

The rest of the debate appears to be emotional attachment and personal meaning this issue has to different people.

Since it isn't scientifically proven what is going on with transgender identity, it's all personal beliefs and faith based. So why not respect those equally and impose none, and exclude none. Allow people freedom to work out their issues they are bringing to the table. And as for the restrooms, it seems unisex restrooms don't cause any conflict, so why not remain neutral? isn't that what govt policy should be ideally, totally neutral?

The emotional and personal factors involved here are what is really causing the debates to escalate beyond repair. The facts are simple that NOTHING is proven, so it's all faith based on both sides. The sooner we can accept that, and separate our personal stakes and meaning this has to us from the actual policies that are going to work or going to fail, the better we can take steps to avoid failure and to seek what is more effective.

I hope the hoopla and upset calms down, and people rise above the personal issues at stake to work out fair policies that respect all people and restore a sense of normal standards. Thanks for letting me share, and I hope you will also! Yours truly, Emily

I treat everyone with respect regardless of their race, sex, etc. I just don't condone, accept, or support their behavior.

It's been my experience a sudden case of " I'm going to shit my drawers any second" has the propensity to make every bathroom in the country unisex friendly ...

correct me if I'm wrong ...

What is wrong with people having conflicting beliefs about transgender identity.
Why not treat both approaches as creeds, and weigh and respect them equally under law?

If Hindus, Muslims and Vegans don't agree on not eating beef, pork or no meat at all;
does this require govt to pass a policy imposing one and excluding another? For matters of beliefs or creeds, what happened to govt generally staying out of conflicts and letting people work it out and decide for themselves how to exercise their beliefs without stepping on each other's boundaries.

Do we see Lutherans suing to force Catholics to open up their communions to everyone to avoid discrimination? The policy of letting institutions work out their own systems works in private; why can't bathroom policies be treated as personal. Sure, where public institutions are involved, nobody should be discriminated against, but that goes both ways; a policy that seeks to CORRECT an issue of discrimination can't impose a different one and be pushed as a solution.

If a couple is the only Vegan at a dinner is there anything wrong with preparing a meal differently for that couple, WITHOUT changing the whole menu for all the other guests so they are all treated the same?

When Muslims want to pray at work, they may request a special arrangement with their management to have a quiet place to pray 5 times a day.
There is nothing shameful about being different, and doing something in a private

If Christians want to express or share their beliefs in ways that affect others, people have the right to say NO I don't feel comfortable. Don't impose that on me in public, keep it in private. This isn't considered discrimination but courtesy to understand other people may not take it the same way it is meant.

Some people don't get how is it imposing on Christians to ask them to keep their ways to themselves. But some of their belief is based on duty to share with others, and they feel excluded and a sense of loss at being denied what is natural to them as free expression and exercise. to others it is imposing and pushing religion in public.

Here isn't something similar happening? Both sides have beliefs that impact the others.
Neither side is going to get their way without infringing on the sense of security of the others. So that is why Unisex restrooms or neutral / singlestalled facilities seem the best option which don't require EITHER side to change their views or change how they act.

The rest of the debate appears to be emotional attachment and personal meaning this issue has to different people.

Since it isn't scientifically proven what is going on with transgender identity, it's all personal beliefs and faith based. So why not respect those equally and impose none, and exclude none. Allow people freedom to work out their issues they are bringing to the table. And as for the restrooms, it seems unisex restrooms don't cause any conflict, so why not remain neutral? isn't that what govt policy should be ideally, totally neutral?

The emotional and personal factors involved here are what is really causing the debates to escalate beyond repair. The facts are simple that NOTHING is proven, so it's all faith based on both sides. The sooner we can accept that, and separate our personal stakes and meaning this has to us from the actual policies that are going to work or going to fail, the better we can take steps to avoid failure and to seek what is more effective.

I hope the hoopla and upset calms down, and people rise above the personal issues at stake to work out fair policies that respect all people and restore a sense of normal standards. Thanks for letting me share, and I hope you will also! Yours truly, Emily
Why respect a mental illness?

Hi 007 Not all cases are mental illness, this is a personal belief and faith based argument, as is the other side.

Some may have "gender dysphoria" which some may consider a mental disorder.
The worst problems I see are more like PTSD from abuse and trauma similar to vets and rape victims.
This is not a permanent state, but from circumstances imposed on the sufferers who did not agree to that.
So they feel like victims and this is a separate layer that CAN be addresssed and resolved with proper counseling.

I have a transgender friend who is perfectly mentally healthy and happy.
We discussed, before this gender issue came out, how this was a Spiritual Process.
If someone is Spiritually a female personality but born in a male body to experience
certain challenges in life in order to FORGIVE and GROW Spiritually, that is NOT a mental illness.
It is a spiritual process and the point and purpose is to focus on the positive,
so that the negative conflicts get resolved in the process.

The mental and emotional problems in facing such adversity are overcome
by Forgiveness and Healing.

Once someone is Healed spiritually, has forgiven and let go,
if they come out gay, straight, transgender or corresponding gender,
they are no longer mentally ill with emotional damage over these issues.

The healing process it takes to come out FULLY also heals causes and symptoms of illness associated.

Now you are right in that some cases where people HAVEN'T finished the whole process,
if they are stuck in anger denial and projection, that has the same root causes as mental
illness: Unforgiven conflicts that become spiritually infected with negative emotions and patterns
of thought and behavior, causing addiction and abuse.

007 the way you can tell if someone "what degree people are healed" or not
is if they reject opposition or they forgive and include it.

To determine this, Christians have traditionally used "sharing the Gospel" and praying in Christ
to tell if people are fully healed and receptive or not, or if they respond with rebellion. If they reject
that is the negative fear and unforgiveness of the past causing that, which is the same root cause
of all social, spiritual mental and physical ills in the world.

The people who are open and don't reject, even if they aren't Christian, are the
ones who are spiritually open and healed and don't have issues one way or another.

So 007 by consistent standards of what is mentally ill and repressed
MOST people on this planet suffer some % of mental illness as we
are not perfectly forgiving, rational, and healed of all the damage we have suffered emotionally.

Whether we can FORGIVE and whether we make a Commitment to forgive and receive healing
determines how quickly we can OVERCOME situations that threaten to damage our mental health.

I'd say the chances are higher for Transgender people to require deeper more specialized
counseling, similar to PTSD in Veterans that requires careful management to avoid suicide.

If not all Post War Veterans are mentally ill, not all Transgender people are mentally ill.
A lot of it is the circumstances that require careful counseling
that otherwise impose TRAUMA on the person.

Once they have signs of PTSD from ABUSE, then yes that requires counseling
and YES it is considered a mental health issue similar to vets and rape victims
with PTSD. But it is NOT a reason to reject and judge people, especially for circumstances
they don't control, don't want, and don't agree to be punished for.

I hope so many dead bodies are found in restrooms that this asinine policy ends and saves many more lives. This started with transgendered whining. There's nothing wrong with it being open season on them.

What the hell did they ever do to you?
They are the cause of all these dangerous changes in the laws.

A tiny minority, who just wants to use the bathroom without harrassment...is not the cause of "dangerous" things?

Ever been in a ladies room? It's not the den of iniquity you all seem to think.
They should not be harassed but beaten beyond that last inch. The girl that was choked. The woman that was beaten can be traced right back to the transgendered.
Are you sure those acts were committed by a trannie?

Most trannies are not violent. Just a little disturbing. Like the bearded woman or dude with Dolly Parton's jugs disturbing.

How about your young daughter or young son?

I don’t know who has an issue with using a same sex bathroom. However, kids not being mature and intact more often than not immature….no thanks. Your daughter or son you take to Chase Field or to an ASU game and they go to the restroom; you don’t expect them to see members of the other sex in that room.

I’m sorry but adults who will abuse kids is a real concern; adults who will photograph kids is a real concern.

I don’t know who has an issue with using a same sex bathroom. However, kids not being mature and intact more often than not immature….no thanks. Your daughter or son you take to Chase Field or to an ASU game and they go to the restroom; you don’t expect them to see members of the other sex in that room.

I’m sorry but adults who will abuse kids is a real concern; adults who will photograph kids is a real concern.

Dear candycorn
If the only condition by which people would accept such facility policies is to vote on
which guards to keep on duty in the restrooms, then the govt/people in each city can pay to keep a pair of guards at every facility in question. By the time you're looking at costs, the unisex restrooms seem more cost-effective.

Dear candycorn
If the only condition by which people would accept such facility policies is to vote on
which guards to keep on duty in the restrooms, then the govt/people in each city can pay to keep a pair of guards at every facility in question. By the time you're looking at costs, the unisex restrooms seem more cost-effective.

I am of the opinion that if a man/woman come out of a restroom and report a person of a different sex is in that restroom; the offender should be arrested.

If you got a pecker, use the men’s room.
If you don’t, use the women’s room.

If society has provided you with these 2 choices, society is under no obligation to make you more comfortable.

It is not a "belief"

It is a MENTAL ILLNESS caused by chemical imbalances.
Would you offer a suicidal person a gun?
Would you offer a really fat person a bag of candy?
A depressed person downers?

It is not a "belief"

And the topper is that somehow a gender confused gal/guy will be offended by spending 30-90 seconds in a restroom. It is liberalism run amuck.

Your post clearly show that you abandon Christian duty: you clearly hate the sinner.

It's just me Flaky, you posted this image with this text because I made you do it...

Grow up and accept the decisions you make...

I am not championing the morality or not of the LGBT any more than I condemn your cheating ways.

Yes you are, when you believe something is wrong you stand by your convictions even when it's not the most popular choice, but your weak sniveling little ass blames everyone else for the garbage you post mocking Christ word...

You have no back bone, it's okay, lot's of people make the same choice, you're not alone...

I do champion their right to be what they are and don't care if you disagree.

I believe that they have a choice, so does the thief, the liar, the adulterer, the murderer...

According to your beliefs these same choices are okay because you don't care if I or certain members of society disagree, our cheating ways as you put it...

You're weak on this subject and you try to twist the word of God to fit your weakness...

GWV5903, you are not acting as our Lord and Savior clearly revealed in scripture.

No one is asking you about your opinion on the morality of the LGBT. Why? Because your moral opinion remains irrelevant. That you think LGBT have a choice is irrelevant.

You can believe women should not vote, or that people of color are second class citizens, or that LGBT are despicable. But your sniveling explanations mean noothing.

You are wrong.

LGBT and their rights are recognized by courts and legislatures are facts.

Your moral weakness, GWV5903, is that you think you can speak for and rule in the name of God, and your weakness too is meaningless.

How often do you share those opinions in Austin? Probably as much as I share them in Bandera and Boerne out west of you in the Hill Country.

GWV5903, you are not acting as our Lord and Savior clearly revealed in scripture.

Really? Tell me how? Forgiveness is very important, you seem to have a difficult time reading the scriptures, my forgiveness is irrelevant to the sinner, but not to Christ...

No one is asking you about your opinion on the morality of the LGBT. Why? Because your moral opinion remains irrelevant. That you think LGBT have a choice is irrelevant.

Then stay out of the debate if it's so irrelevant, you have a choice...

Evidently my opinion gets you whining...

Everyone has a choice...

You can believe women should not vote, or that people of color are second class citizens, or that LGBT are despicable. But your sniveling explanations mean noothing.

I never said any of this, you're only argument is to make shit up, which in turn magnify your weak ass comments...

No wonder you're so f'ing stupid...

You are wrong.

About?

You, no I detect your weak ass all the way in Austin, moron...

Is it that hard for you to remember what you posted? You're the one mocking what Christ said, it's amazing how bipolar you get in just a few post, do you take meds for this?

62817254.jpg

Your moral weakness, GWV5903, is that you think you can speak for and rule in the name of God, and your weakness too is meaningless.

I have no intention to speak or rule for God, his word is clear, it's the weak who find ways to twist it to meet their own beliefs...

Below is just one verse, there are many more...

1 Corinthians 6:9-11 NIV
9 Or do you not know that wrongdoers will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor men who have sex with men
10 nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.
11 And that is what some of you were. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God.

How often do you share those opinions in Austin?

Every single day...

Last edited:

Dear candycorn

I am of the opinion that if a man/woman come out of a restroom and report a person of a different sex is in that restroom; the offender should be arrested.

If you got a pecker, use the men’s room.
If you don’t, use the women’s room.

If society has provided you with these 2 choices, society is under no obligation to make you more comfortable.

It is not a "belief"

And the topper is that somehow a gender confused gal/guy will be offended by spending 30-90 seconds in a restroom. It is liberalism run amuck.

:clap2::clap::clap::clap:

GWV5903, you are not the authority of God on earth. You have your opinion but that’s as far it goes.

I will stay in the discussion as long you think your opinion is important and authoritative in this discussion.

Yes, my opinion gets you whining. You are projecting, little buddy.

You think that your opinion means something about someone else’s civil rights: it does not.

Reminding you of Christ’s commandments (treat others as you want to be treated, love others as you wish to be loved) is an act of Christian kindness.

Your moral weakness, GWV5903, is that you think you can speak for and rule in the name of God, and your weakness too is meaningless. You have no authority to impose your twisting of scripture on others. And you do not realize that all scripture is not universal and all encompassing. You are not Paul, so keep it real.

First queer I find in a men's room gets his ass beat
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's 3% of men, dumbass. You already pee with them so, relax. They aren't out to touch your tiny thing.

They don't need to touch, asshole
Just be in a fucking men's room
Ass kicked
Period
That's most likely a man and a woman. And I wouldn't fuck with gay men, they work out a lot and will very likely kick your homophobic ass.

Forum List

Back