Why judge anyone? Why can't beliefs about transgender identity be respected equally?

I hope so many dead bodies are found in restrooms that this asinine policy ends and saves many more lives. This started with transgendered whining. There's nothing wrong with it being open season on them.
You want people to die so you can feel right?

Gives a whole new meaning to "perversion" doesn't it?

What is wrong with people having conflicting beliefs about transgender identity.
To some people it's internal, and not a choice.
To others it's about external appearance, a behavioral choice.
Why not treat both approaches as creeds, and weigh and respect them equally under law?
Is that really too much to ask?

If Hindus, Muslims and Vegans don't agree on not eating beef, pork or no meat at all;
does this require govt to pass a policy imposing one and excluding another? For matters of beliefs or creeds, what happened to govt generally staying out of conflicts and letting people work it out and decide for themselves how to exercise their beliefs without stepping on each other's boundaries.

Do we see Lutherans suing to force Catholics to open up their communions to everyone to avoid discrimination? The policy of letting institutions work out their own systems works in private; why can't bathroom policies be treated as personal. Sure, where public institutions are involved, nobody should be discriminated against, but that goes both ways; a policy that seeks to CORRECT an issue of discrimination can't impose a different one and be pushed as a solution.

If a couple is the only Vegan at a dinner is there anything wrong with preparing a meal differently for that couple, WITHOUT changing the whole menu for all the other guests so they are all treated the same?

Let's compare some other scenarios, tell me if you see the similarities or not:

When Muslims want to pray at work, they may request a special arrangement with their management to have a quiet place to pray 5 times a day.
Does this mean EVERYONE has to be subject to that? No. it's kept in private.
There is nothing shameful about being different, and doing something in a private
room or corner that nobody else has to ask for and do.

If Christians want to express or share their beliefs in ways that affect others, people have the right to say NO I don't feel comfortable. Don't impose that on me in public, keep it in private. This isn't considered discrimination but courtesy to understand other people may not take it the same way it is meant.

Some people don't get how is it imposing on Christians to ask them to keep their ways to themselves. But some of their belief is based on duty to share with others, and they feel excluded and a sense of loss at being denied what is natural to them as free expression and exercise. to others it is imposing and pushing religion in public.

Here isn't something similar happening? Both sides have beliefs that impact the others.
Neither side is going to get their way without infringing on the sense of security of the others. So that is why Unisex restrooms or neutral / singlestalled facilities seem the best option which don't require EITHER side to change their views or change how they act.

The rest of the debate appears to be emotional attachment and personal meaning this issue has to different people.

Since it isn't scientifically proven what is going on with transgender identity, it's all personal beliefs and faith based. So why not respect those equally and impose none, and exclude none. Allow people freedom to work out their issues they are bringing to the table. And as for the restrooms, it seems unisex restrooms don't cause any conflict, so why not remain neutral? isn't that what govt policy should be ideally, totally neutral?

The emotional and personal factors involved here are what is really causing the debates to escalate beyond repair. The facts are simple that NOTHING is proven, so it's all faith based on both sides. The sooner we can accept that, and separate our personal stakes and meaning this has to us from the actual policies that are going to work or going to fail, the better we can take steps to avoid failure and to seek what is more effective.

I hope the hoopla and upset calms down, and people rise above the personal issues at stake to work out fair policies that respect all people and restore a sense of normal standards. Thanks for letting me share, and I hope you will also! Yours truly, Emily

Um...because 17 million female rape victims are being asked to get naked and shower or change clothes with strange men.

Not gonna happen. You can hang it up. You pushed too far this time. Acceptance is part of the grieving process.

62817254.jpg
Love the sinner... Hate the sin.
Lol

Genesis 19New International Version (NIV)
Sodom and Gomorrah Destroyed
19 The two angels arrived at Sodom in the evening, and Lot was sitting in the gateway of the city. When he saw them, he got up to meet them and bowed down with his face to the ground. 2 “My lords,” he said, “please turn aside to your servant’s house. You can wash your feet and spend the night and then go on your way early in the morning.”

“No,” they answered, “we will spend the night in the square.”

3 But he insisted so strongly that they did go with him and entered his house. He prepared a meal for them, baking bread without yeast, and they ate. 4 Before they had gone to bed, all the men from every part of the city of Sodom—both young and old—surrounded the house. 5 They called to Lot, “Where are the men who came to you tonight? Bring them out to us so that we can have sex with them.”

6 Lot went outside to meet them and shut the door behind him 7 and said, “No, my friends. Don’t do this wicked thing. 8 Look, I have two daughters who have never slept with a man. Let me bring them out to you, and you can do what you like with them. But don’t do anything to these men, for they have come under the protection of my roof.”

9 “Get out of our way,” they replied. “This fellow came here as a foreigner, and now he wants to play the judge! We’ll treat you worse than them.” They kept bringing pressure on Lot and moved forward to break down the door.

10 But the men inside reached out and pulled Lot back into the house and shut the door. 11 Then they struck the men who were at the door of the house, young and old, with blindness so that they could not find the door.

12 The two men said to Lot, “Do you have anyone else here—sons-in-law, sons or daughters, or anyone else in the city who belongs to you? Get them out of here,13 because we are going to destroy this place. The outcry to the Lord against its people is so great that he has sent us to destroy it.”

14 So Lot went out and spoke to his sons-in-law, who were pledged to marry[a] his daughters. He said, “Hurry and get out of this place, because the Lord is about to destroy the city!” But his sons-in-law thought he was joking.

15 With the coming of dawn, the angels urged Lot, saying, “Hurry! Take your wife and your two daughters who are here, or you will be swept away when the city is punished.”

16 When he hesitated, the men grasped his hand and the hands of his wife and of his two daughters and led them safely out of the city, for the Lord was merciful to them. 17 As soon as they had brought them out, one of them said, “Flee for your lives! Don’t look back, and don’t stop anywhere in the plain! Flee to the mountainsor you will be swept away!”

18 But Lot said to them, “No, my lords,[b] please! 19 Your[c] servant has found favor in your[d] eyes, and you[e] have shown great kindness to me in sparing my life. But I can’t flee to the mountains; this disaster will overtake me, and I’ll die. 20 Look, here is a town near enough to run to, and it is small. Let me flee to it—it is very small, isn’t it? Then my life will be spared.”

21 He said to him, “Very well, I will grant this request too; I will not overthrow the town you speak of. 22 But flee there quickly, because I cannot do anything until you reach it.” (That is why the town was called Zoar.[f])

23 By the time Lot reached Zoar, the sun had risen over the land. 24 Then the Lordrained down burning sulfur on Sodom and Gomorrah—from the Lord out of the heavens. 25 Thus he overthrew those cities and the entire plain, destroying all those living in the cities—and also the vegetation in the land. 26 But Lot’s wife looked back, and she became a pillar of salt.

27 Early the next morning Abraham got up and returned to the place where he had stood before the Lord. 28 He looked down toward Sodom and Gomorrah, toward all the land of the plain, and he saw dense smoke rising from the land, like smoke from a furnace.

29 So when God destroyed the cities of the plain, he remembered Abraham, and he brought Lot out of the catastrophe that overthrew the cities where Lot had lived.

I respect those who look like it is supposed to be

Small petite no hair soft voice .....you know.....those who really look like a woman

those who look like clowns?

nope.Sorry.they only make me laugh.

edit to say.....not that I know any of these people anyhow

There is this TV program on cable

from the UK

all these poor idiots men who go to Thailand....and start relationships with these men with penises who look like women

whay are the Brits so sick? not all of course....but all those freaks??? far too many Brits very sick! :(

Let's put our cards on the table. Liberals don't give a shit about the estimated 1/2 of 1% of sexual deviates who think the voices in their heads tell them that they need to squat to piss. The agenda has always been about the subjugation of women and especially Christian women and other vulnerable members of "normal" society.. Liberal men don't give a damn about transgender deviates or genetic women for that matter. It's about the undermining of the social structure that keeps America intact. First they went after adolescent boys when the BSA won the right to keep kids from being the hunting ground for homosexual pedophiles and then they went after young girls by forcing them to accept sexual deviate boys in the girls locker room and showers.

465 innocent people were blown up in Iraq this week, another 275 were killed by terrorist in Afghanistan. A jet liner was downed over Egypt killing 75 souls and Mr. Obama wants to talk about trans gendered suffrage. Are you kidding me? Actually you should all be ashamed to even be discussing such a ridiculous topic. BRING BACK THE DRAFT...so some of you can see what is really real.

Let's put our cards on the table. Liberals don't give a shit about the estimated 1/2 of 1% of sexual deviates who think the voices in their heads tell them that they need to squat to piss. The agenda has always been about the subjugation of women and especially Christian women and other vulnerable members of "normal" society.. Liberal men don't give a damn about transgender deviates or genetic women for that matter. It's about the undermining of the social structure that keeps America intact. First they went after adolescent boys when the BSA won the right to keep kids from being the hunting ground for homosexual pedophiles and then they went after young girls by forcing them to accept sexual deviate boys in the girls locker room and showers.
I wish I could argue the contrary with you....but ...I don't think I can..

465 innocent people were blown up in Iraq this week, another 275 were killed by terrorist in Afghanistan. A jet liner was downed over Egypt killing 75 souls and Mr. Obama wants to talk about trans gendered suffrage. Are you kidding me? Actually you should all be ashamed to even be discussing such a ridiculous topic. BRING BACK THE DRAFT...so some of you can see what is really real.
Men pretending to be women, forcing their way into women's showers is the reason terrorists are off their nut. Our culture is insane. That's the reason terrorism exists. It's why they hate America.

Do they have an insane culture too? Sure, they treat women like crap and are very violent. But you know how people hate others the most that they uncomfortably resemble more than they'd like to admit..

We should do our part to end terrorism. Lead by example. Pull the log out of our own eye before we demand they do the same. This conversation keeping men out of women's showers is EXACTLY what we should be discussing until its conclusion: A big fat NO to the cult of LGBT. Finally, a line drawn in the sand so we'll stop scaring the crap out of the East.

Men pretending to be women, forcing their way into women's showers is the reason terrorists are off their nut. Our culture is insane. That's the reason terrorism exists. It's why they hate America.

Do they have an insane culture too? Sure, they treat women like crap and are very violent. But you know how people hate others the most that they uncomfortably resemble more than they'd like to admit..
I agree with you... the beef I have is with the whiny gay community that seems to be totally unconcerned with the Muslim led carnage throughout the world. I know our piece of crap president doesn't care so I guess they follow his jackass lead.

I hope so many dead bodies are found in restrooms that this asinine policy ends and saves many more lives. This started with transgendered whining. There's nothing wrong with it being open season on them.

What the hell did they ever do to you?
They are the cause of all these dangerous changes in the laws.

A tiny minority, who just wants to use the bathroom without harrassment...is not the cause of "dangerous" things?

Ever been in a ladies room? It's not the den of iniquity you all seem to think.

So where do you draw the line? I agree it's a minute number of individuals, so why not create a third bathroom for Transgender individuals and let businesses/government transfer the cost to the group such as yourself who believe it's necessary? I would support that today...

This is not a Civil Rights issue, this is not about women's rights in a male dominated world, no one is being discriminated based on their gender of birth, it's their gender of choice...

That Obama needs to issue a directive to US schools to let students use the restroom that they identify with or suffer financial loss, really? This is how Stalin implemented his totalitarian control over the Soviet Union's economy, is this what we have become because of a minute number of individuals that are confused with their gender?

Based on your assumptions nothing is going to happen, but history doesn't support that fairy tail and you're naive to believe something good will come from this...

It's not a fear of transgenders. It's a fear of perverts that you are more likely to encounter. Why is the left so fucking slow at figuring that out? Again, transgenders had handled the matter without the help of the left. The law doesn't change things for them, but does allow men into women's restrooms.

I'm a man.

But if I announce that I feel like a woman, or wish I were a woman, now I can go into women's bathrooms with them, any time I like?

And I can take showers with other women in a women's locker room?

If any of those women don't like it, what recourse do they have?

BTW, if I merely want to get into a room with a lot of naked women (whether they like it or not), what's to prevent me from lying as described?

And how could anyone ever prove that I don't really feel like a woman, and don't really want to be a woman? It's my word against theirs, right?

I win. And they lose.

Sound like a plan?

"Why judge anyone? Why can't beliefs about transgender identity be respected equally?"

Because most on the right are frightened by the change, diversity, and the expression of individual liberty that transgender persons represent.

When that fear is conjoined with the ignorance of transgender persons common to most on the right, hate manifests, which then gives rise to the bigotry we see in places like North Carolina, where transgender Americans are subject to state-sanctioned discrimination in violation of Federal law and the Constitution.

The right’s propensity to discriminate against transgender Americans through force of law is an effort to assuage their unwarranted fear, and compel those transgender to conform, to return to the shadows of society, and to ‘stop being transgender,’ consistent with the authoritarianism that is at the heart of conservative dogma.

This is nothing new, of course, as conservatives sought to disadvantage gay Americans through force of law, and before gay Americans conservatives sought to disadvantage African-Americans, Hispanic Americans, and women – all predicated on an unwarranted fear of change, diversity, and expressions of individual liberty.

It's all designed to create chaos...and to deflect from what's really going on

Forum List

Back