Why legalizing marijuana is the second largest mistake of our day

The alcohol fallacy again. SO if alcohol is so bad why would you want to make things worse by legalizing pot?

There is no fallacy. It is fact marijuana is no more addictive or impairing than alcohol.

Of course it's a fallacy.
But hey. If alcohol is OK then MJ is ok too. ANd what about crack? Meth? Crank? Once you open the door there is no closing it.

If those were all suddenly legalized tomorrow are you going to run out and start using them?

You people who continue to support the "War of Drugs" despite the complete abject failure it's been have your heads shoved straight up your asses.

You're right, it has been a failure. Because the penalties have not been commensurate. We need to do what the ChiComs did when they took over the country in 1949. They virtually eradicated opium use within a few years. When we get serious about it, we'll do something.

The alcohol fallacy again. SO if alcohol is so bad why would you want to make things worse by legalizing pot?

There is no fallacy. It is fact marijuana is no more addictive or impairing than alcohol.

But hey. If alcohol is OK then MJ is ok too. ANd what about crack? Meth? Crank? Once you open the door there is no closing it.

What are you going to do? Throw everyone that wants to drink and do drugs into prison! It didn't work for alcohol and it isn't working for pot.

Do understand.

If those were all suddenly legalized tomorrow are you going to run out and start using them?

Another fallacy.
Is there no one out there who doesn't use those drugs? Do people not start using those drugs, or were they somehow just born using them? Why do you think making something legal and available will somehow magically make it less used? Did you study Econ 101?

What are you going to do? Throw everyone that wants to drink and do drugs into prison! It didn't work for alcohol and it isn't working for pot.

Do understand.

No. Where did I ever say we should ban drinking? ANother fallacy. This seems to be the stock in trade of the pro druggies.
No, if we want to end drugs we will start executing people for the right offenses. But as it is people get off with little or no penalty--assuming they get caught at all.

Conservatives don't believe in small government. I've pointed out their bald faced lie to them repeatedly.

That's wrong, of course. We just don't believe in anarchy.

There's, of course, nothing wrong about it. You are as authoritarian as so-called "liberals." Big government is your friend as long as you get to control it.

More unsupported bullshit. More reductio ad absurdum.
Frankly I had more respect for you than to think you'd stoop to this sleazy argumentation. Maybe I was wrong?

People aren't going to stop drinking
People aren't going to stop doing pot

Keep throwing people into a prison to rot and turn us into China of 1949. Shows what you really are...A thug.

Is it thuggish to want to see people free of drug addiction? You want people to make their own prisons, which is far worse.

You people who continue to support the "War of Drugs" despite the complete abject failure it's been have your heads shoved straight up your asses.

Big government enthusiasts who would ban natural plants...
head-up-ass.jpg

Do understand.

No. Where did I ever say we should ban drinking? ANother fallacy. This seems to be the stock in trade of the pro druggies.
No, if we want to end drugs we will start executing people for the right offenses. But as it is people get off with little or no penalty--assuming they get caught at all.

WOW! :eek:

You want to execute people for smoking a leaf?

Do understand.

I want to execute people who violate certain laws against drugs in this country. You got a problem with it?

You're right, it has been a failure. Because the penalties have not been commensurate. We need to do what the ChiComs did when they took over the country in 1949. They virtually eradicated opium use within a few years. When we get serious about it, we'll do something.

Yes, let's replicate the abuse of the Chinese on our own citizenry. How very "small government" of you.

Yes, let's replicate the abuse of the Chinese on our own citizenry. How very "small government" of you.

Hey, you want a solution to the war on drugs, there it is. You somehow think it is more noble for people to destroy their own lives and those around them than for gov't to destroy the actual perpetrators. I shake my head at such misguided notions.

I want to execute people who violate certain laws against drugs in this country. You got a problem with it?

Yes I do Fascist. If millions of people want to smoke a leaf then they should have a right to do that. :evil: You're not for small government.

You call yourself "small government", but want to execute people for abusing drugs, as long as they are the drugs the GOVERNMENT says are the bad ones.

Yes I do Fascist. If millions of people want to smoke a leaf then they should have a right to do that. :evil: You're not for small government.

So we've got an ad hom and a reductio ad absurdum all in one sentence. You're not impressing me with your arguments, sonny.
I am not for no government, which seems to be what you want.

Another fallacy.

So I take your answer then is no, you wouldn't. So what the hell makes you think everyone else is going to run out there and do it? I don't take heroine or meth or any of that stuff and it's not because it's illegal. I wouldn't do it even if it was.

Is there no one out there who doesn't use those drugs? Do people not start using those drugs, or were they somehow just born using them? Why do you think making something legal and available will somehow magically make it less used? Did you study Econ 101?

Who said anything about the usage decreasing by legalizing it? I never made the claim. In fact, I would gather that immediately following legalization there would likely be an uptick in use until everyone got it out of their system and then it would level off again. The difference now would be millions of less people would be incarcerated for victimless crimes, billions if not trillions of less dollars would now be spent on the prosecutions and the prison industrial complex, and the drug cartels would be out of power when all of their black market money dries up. New businesses would spring up selling the product and that money would legally go into local economies all across the country.

You call yourself "small government", but want to execute people for abusing drugs, as long as they are the drugs the GOVERNMENT says are the bad ones.

It isn't the government saying that, po boy.
Sometimes gov't just needs to step in and do the right thing. Not often. Not every time. But this is one of them.

Forum List

Back