Why legalizing marijuana is the second largest mistake of our day

That really doesn't bolster your point.

When booze was banned the same thing happened

Are you not surprised?

Those who forget history are condemned to.....you get my point

Geez

You missed the point. I'm demonstrating the fallacy that if you legalize pot and tax the hell out of it you will eliminate criminal syndicates. That is plainly not so. Cigarettes are legal but in places where the govt has taxed the hell out of it you have criminal syndicates smuggling the stuff, undermining the tax revenue.

That particular argument for legalization is dead.

Bull, tax the hell out of a product and it will. But that IS NOT the argument. Put a nominal tax on the product and YOU HAVE NO PROBLEM.

It is the TAX that caused the problem, NOT the legalization of the product.

You are not allowed to CREATE the problem, then use the argument against another.

One of the reasons I left the Republican Party is that they started making arguments that sound strangely like how the left does. I will NOT affiliate with them until they......

GROW A PAIR.

The Rabbi makes an argument and offers no actual evidence. Very little violent RICO activity occurs in smuggling TN tobacco elsewhere.

Moron.

Right wing statist moron.

you assume that those opposed to marijuana are all right wing.

I did not say anything of the sort. I focused on the right wing statist, The Rabbi, who is not all of the right wing.

go run to the mods jake...tell them how i cut your post...oh wait...that is you who keeps doing that

tff, no wonder the mods ignore you

Yurt: you assume that those opposed to marijuana are all right wing.

Jake: did not say anything of the sort. I focused on the right wing statist, The Rabbi, who is not all of the right wing.

Yurt: go run to the mods jake...tell them how i cut your post

Jake: note the shaking collapse of Yurt's mental faculties The dodo is cracking up. Yet again.

more boring jake lies

he is the one who ran to the mods about some alleged rule i broke, they decided i broke no rule and now jake is crying incessantly about it.

poor jake. even the mods think you're stupid.

Prohibition of drugs or alcohol or anything else only works to the extent that people support the law. The nation should have learned this when we passed the Volstead Act. In 2011 marijuana arrests compose 52% of all arrest. A huge amount of our prison facilities and law enforcement/judicial resources are wasted on victimless drug arrests and prosecutions.

When you criminalize something that is in great demand, you are issuing an invitation to criminal syndicates to move in to cash in on huge profits.

When we had votes on prohibition, the churches and bootleggers jointed forces to prevent the legal sale of alcohol. Today it's churches and the drug dealers trying to prevent the legal sale of marijuana.

Last edited:
Your "lies" are in print above, crazy Yurt. :lol:

Talking about the mods and what they do and don't do is not smart, but no one ever accused of being smart. Actually, you are quite dumb.

I am going to PM you and help you out.

Last edited:
The alcohol fallacy again. SO if alcohol is so bad why would you want to make things worse by legalizing pot?

There is no fallacy. It is fact marijuana is no more addictive or impairing than alcohol.

Of course it's a fallacy.
But hey. If alcohol is OK then MJ is ok too. ANd what about crack? Meth? Crank? Once you open the door there is no closing it.

Slippery slope fallacy. For someone who talks about fallacies so much you should stop using them. In fact you used this same one at least twice in this thread.

As do most threads not in the Clean Debate Zone, this one has degenerated into a pissing contest between (among) two or more adolescent twits. Sad indeed.

first of all, any active drug in marijuana can be extracted and given in pill form, so anyone who tells you marijuana is needed for medicinal purposes, or any hospital that allows people to take it, is on the drug-lord payroll.

and your medical background is what ?

the reason why people have the balls to make a "medicinal" claim is because they know, 1) many pharmaceutical drugs are sold that have little , or an unknown, effect and , 2) many pharmaceutical drugs are converted forms of street drugs.

that's not even coherent...

someone has decided they want to sell this cash crop in america so the conspirators in our society have completely invented legitimacy for it.

if it was legal it would be all but worthless is is so incredible easy to grow
is that the country you want to live in? The truth is what ever the rich say the truth is.

the rich want legal weed ???

the only things you will accomplish by voting for legalized marijuana are,
1) the rich will be able to capitalize off of drug addiction.

weed is not addictive and would be dirt cheap if legal...fail

2) you will increase sickness in the population. (expenses which you will be forced to cover in the health care bill)

what sickness is caused by weed ?

3) you will provide the "gateway" drug to introduce the youth of america to harder drugs. (nearly every drug addict says they started with pot)

really...link ?

4) you will criminalize thousands/millions of people.

But you say , aren't we decriminalizing marijuana?
No you're not.
You're telling the young people in our country that it's ok to smoke pot, then every time they leave their house they will be at risk for getting arrested.

you can not be arrested if its decriminalized you can only be issued a ticket
for example:
By voting to legalize marijuana you are telling young people at an early age that it's ok to use it, everyone is doing it.

Marijuana use does not statistically increase when legal,,fail

a person is going to spend 20 years of their life handing their money over to legalized drug dealers, then one day they will get into a car accident and fail a very strict drug test.

people should be free to spend their money as they choose and should not drive impaired
we are rapidly approaching an era where people with any kind of mistake on their criminal history, driving record, or even credit history, will not be able to find work anywhere.

lol...if so all the reason to get rid of laws that criminalize non-criminal acts

our government is legalizing the selling of marijuana, not the using.

In los angeles when marijuana was legalized, the drug dispensaries popped up all over the place.
Now they've passed a law that only the first 135 who registered can stay in business.(no doubt the first 135 were in cahoots with the politicians)
it's a racket, it's not going to work the way you imagine.

I am sure they regulate liqueur licences as well

...and if you think the government is going to say "hey! We never have to raise taxes again because marijuana sales pays for everything!" ...then you've already been smoking weed

Well do not think that, I am however enjoying a blunt of some nice purple kush-as I write this...mmmm it is so yummy

Last edited:

that really doesn't bolster your point.

are you not surprised?

geez

you missed the point. I'm demonstrating the fallacy that if you legalize pot and tax the hell out of it you will eliminate criminal syndicates. That is plainly not so. Cigarettes are legal but in places where the govt has taxed the hell out of it you have criminal syndicates smuggling the stuff, undermining the tax revenue.

it needs to be legal to grow your own like tomatoes in your back yard a couple of good plants can supply a chronic smoker with weed for the year and it grows like a weed

Pot Brain Damage.
Slide232.jpg

Slide221.jpg

Hey, you want a solution to the war on drugs, there it is. You somehow think it is more noble for people to destroy their own lives and those around them than for gov't to destroy the actual perpetrators. I shake my head at such misguided notions.

It's none of your God damned business if someone destroys their own life. That's their life, not yours. If they're irresponsible enough to fuck it up then they'll have to deal with the consequences of their actions. Either way, it's no business of yours nor do you have the right to make it yours. It's called living in a free country and being an adult and making one's own decisions.

You took offense to me pointing out that conservatives don't believe in small government and yet after that statement you have supported my accusation repeatedly with your own words. You, like most conservatives, are an authoritarian, plain and simple. You do not stand for freedom despite your fraudulent rhetoric to the contrary.

If it were just your life I wouldn't care. Go off to a desert and commit hari kari for all I care. But in the real world, which exists far from the imagination of narco-libtards, people's lives are intertwined with work, family, school, friends etc. And drug addiction is devastating in all those spheres.
And leave off the attacks on conservatives with your all or nothing bullshit.

hara kiri

Hara, the term for guts or intestines........ kiri, a form of kiru, the verb for cut or slice

Harry Carey was the announcer for the Cubs.

I ask you....is it difficult for a person who wants to use drugs find a seller?

The BIG killer drugs in the USA?

In 2010, approximately 16 million Americans reported using a prescription drug for nonmedical reasons in the past year; 7 million in the past month.

Depressants
Name Examples of Commercial & Street Names DEA Schedule How Administered*
Barbiturates Amytal, Nembutal, Seconal, Phenobarbital; barbs, reds, red birds, phennies, tooies, yellows, yellow jackets II, III, V ? injected, swallowed
Benzodiazepines Ativan, Halcion, Librium, Valium, Xanax; candy, downers, sleeping pills, tranks IV ? swallowed
Sleep Medications Ambien (zolpidem), Sonata (zaleplon), Lunesta (eszopiclone); forget-me pill, Mexican Valium, R2, Roche, roofies, roofinol, rope, rophies IV ? swallowed, snorted
Intoxication Effects - Sedation/drowsiness, reduced anxiety, feelings of well-being, lowered inhibitions, slurred speech, poor concentration, confusion, dizziness, impaired coordination and memory

Potential Health Consequences - lowered blood pressure, slowed breathing, tolerance, withdrawal, addiction; increased risk of respiratory distress and death when combined with alcohol

Also, for barbiturates - euphoria, unusual excitement, fever, irritability/life-threatening withdrawal in chronic users
Opioids and Morphine Derivatives**
Codeine Empirin with Codeine, Fiorinal with Codeine, Robitussin A-C, Tylenol with Codeine; Captain Cody, Cody, schoolboy; (with glutethimide: doors & fours, loads, pancakes and syrup) II, III, V ? injected, swallowed
Morphine Roxanol, Duramorph; M, Miss Emma, monkey, white stuff II, III ? injected, swallowed, smoked
Methadone Methadose, Dolophine; fizzies, amidone, (with MDMA: chocolate chip cookies) II ? swallowed, injected
Fentanyl & analogs Actiq, Duragesic, Sublimaze; Apache, China girl, China white, dance fever, friend, goodfella, jackpot, murder 8, TNT, Tango and Cash II ? injected, smoked, snorted
Other opioid pain relievers: Oxycodone HCL, Hydrocodone Bitartrate Hydromorphone, Oxymorphone, Meperidine, Propoxyphene
Tylox, Oxycontin, Percodan, Percocet: Oxy, O.C., oxycotton, oxycet, hillbilly
heroin, percs
Vicodin, Lortab, Lorcet; Vike, Watson-387
Dilaudid; juice, smack, D, footballs, dillies
Opana, Numporphan, Numorphone; biscuits, blue heaven, blues, Mrs. O, octagons, stop signs, O bomb
Demerol, meperidine hydrochloride; demmies, pain killer
Darvon, Darvocet

II, III, V ? chewed, swallowed, snorted, injected, suppositories
Intoxication Effects - Pain relief, euphoria, drowsiness, sedation, weakness, dizziness, nausea, impaired coordination, confusion, dry mouth, itching, sweating, clammy skin, constipation

Potential Health Consequences - slowed or arrested breathing, lowered pulse and blood pressure, tolerance, addiction, unconsciousness, coma, death; risk of death increased when combined with alcohol or other CNS depressants

Also for fentanyl - 80-100 times more potent analgesic than morphine

Also for oxycodone - muscle relaxation/twice as potent analgesic as morphine; high abuse potential

Also for codeine - less analgesia, sedation, and respiratory depression than morphine

Also for methadone - used to treat opioid addiction and pain; significant overdose risk when used improperly

** Taking drugs by injection can increase the risk of infection through needle contamination with staphylococci, HIV, hepatitis, and other organisms. Injection is a more common practice for opioids, but risks apply to any medication taken by injection..
Stimulants
Amphetamines Biphetamine, Dexedrine, Adderall; bennies, black beauties, crosses, hearts, LA turnaround, speed, truck drivers, uppers II ? injected, swallowed, smoked, snorted
Methylphenidate Concerta, Ritalin; JIF, MPH, R-ball, Skippy, the smart drug, vitamin R II ? injected, swallowed, snorted
Intoxication Effects - Feelings of exhilaration, increased energy, mental alertness

Potential Health Consequences - increased heart rate, blood pressure, and metabolism, reduced appetite, weight loss, nervousness, insomnia, seizures, heart attack, stroke

Also, for amphetamines - rapid breathing, tremor, loss of coordination, irritability, anxiousness, restlessness/delirium, panic, paranoia, hallucinations, impulsive behavior, aggressiveness, tolerance, addiction

Also, for methylphenidate - increase or decrease in blood pressure, digestive problems, loss of appetite, weight loss
Other Compounds
Dextromethorphan (DXM) Found in some cough and cold medicines; Robotripping, Robo, Triple C Not scheduled swallowed
Intoxication Effects - Euphoria, slurred speech

Potential Health Consequences - increased heart rate and blood pressure, dizziness, nausea, vomiting, confusion, paranoia, distorted visual perceptions, impaired motor function
Facts About Prescription Drug Abuse

About 7 Million Americans Reported Past-Month Use of Prescription Drugs for Nonmedical Purposes in 2010
What types of prescription drugs are abused?

Three types of drugs are abused most often:

Opioids—prescribed for pain relief
CNS depressants—barbiturates and benzodiazepines prescribed for anxiety or sleep problems (often referred to as sedatives or tranquilizers)
Stimulants—prescribed for attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), the sleep disorder narcolepsy, or obesity.

source

Why people who use pot should not use heavy equipment.

Sources: Crane Operator In Building Collapse Had Pot, Painkiller In His System « CBS Philly

PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — Sources tell CBS 3 that blood tests on the crane operator involved with Wednesday’s deadly building collapse in Center City detected the presence of a prescription painkiller and marijuana.

Six people died in that building collapse.

Pot never hurt anyone. It's an innocent little weed.

He also had painkillers in his system, which are legal. Probably that had more to do with accident, if anything did.

that really doesn't bolster your point.

are you not surprised?

geez

you missed the point. I'm demonstrating the fallacy that if you legalize pot and tax the hell out of it you will eliminate criminal syndicates. That is plainly not so. Cigarettes are legal but in places where the govt has taxed the hell out of it you have criminal syndicates smuggling the stuff, undermining the tax revenue.

it needs to be legal to grow your own like tomatoes in your back yard a couple of good plants can supply a chronic smoker with weed for the year and it grows like a weed

Careful you don't use patented tomato seeds accidentally...

Pot Brain Damage.
Slide232.jpg

Slide221.jpg

In a decades-long study of more than 1,000 New Zealanders, researchers found that adolescents who used marijuana at least four days per week lost an average of eight IQ points between the ages of 13 and 38 -- a pattern not seen among people who began smoking heavily only in adulthood.

Pot smoking may leave mark on teen brains

Drinking age, 21...smoking age, 21.

congratulations everyone !!

after reading all the posts here i have come to the conclusion that NO ONE has ever used or tried smoking Marijuana.......... :clap2: ..... :clap2: ........ :clap2:

Forum List

Back