Why Liberalism Must Be Expunged.

Here is a rule which is the hermeneutical key to understanding how the Left differs, in a most deleterious way, from the right:

The Left does not value prosperity....it values equality.

1. Every Leftist is, essentially, a Marxist…even though most eschew the title since the fall of the Soviet Union. Even so, Left-wing ideas are predicated on Marx’s materialist view. Philosophically, the term implies that only material things are real.

The Left’s concept of materialism broadens into the overarching desire to see every individual materially equal. The Left is less interested in creating wealth than in distributing it, and has been far more interested in fighting material inequality than tyranny, which is why Lenin, Mao, Pol Pot, Ho Chi Minh, Castro, etc., tend to have the support of Leftists around the world.

Leftists believe that an end to social and economic inequality and one will have Utopia! Dennis Prager, ”Still The Best Hope”

2. Claims of 'racism' are linked to demands for increased minimum wage laws by this view of the world.
No matter that it has been tried, and not only failed, failed miserably, but resulted in well over 100 million human beings slaughtered.

3. And, more bad news for the Left from the LA Times:
"Leaving for Las Vegas: California's minimum wage law leaves businesses no choice

California’s minimum wage jumped
to $10.50 an hour at the start of the new year. As the founder of a small fashion design house and clothing manufacturer in San Fernando, I’m not a disinterested observer in this change.

After two years in business, my company now has more than 150 clients from all over the world and 18 employees. It’s what’s known as a cut-and-sew house, part of the garment industry that generates about $17 billion in annual economic activity in Los Angeles County, including $6.9 billion in payroll, according to a 2016 industry report by the California Fashion Assn. This is the epicenter of apparel design and manufacturing in the United States; domestically manufactured clothing is more expensive, but retail and wholesale customers who care about quality and working conditions have historically been willing to pay for it.

Unfortunately, the industry is on a downward trend. Los Angeles County used to have more than 5,000 apparel factories; today, my company is one of roughly 2,000 — and many (e.g. American Apparel) are looking for a way out. One Los Angeles Times headline, quoting a California State University economist, warned that “the exodus has begun."

If not for the $15 minimum wage, I’d have zero interest in leaving California."
Leaving for Las Vegas: California's minimum wage law leaves businesses no choice

Did I mention that the Left does not value prosperity....it values equality.

Think about that.
I totally agree with you PC, when you understand liberal equality, it always ends in misery. Bread lines in the old Soviet Union where Doctors and Bread makers were paid the same, so soon, Doctors had to have a gun put to their heads so they would work, yet even bread makers started walking away. There WEREN'T too many people jumping over the wall to get into Mother Russia, but plenty of Russians were leaving for Capitalism and the west. Venezuela which has more oil than Saudi Arabia and a gold mine to make all the citizens there very wealthy, are being held up by corrupt politicians and drug cartels, so the people there starve. Yes, liberalism is all about equality, where everyone is equally poor, and equally miserable, that is liberalism in a nutshell.

(only ones who have the money are the liberal elites who steal the money from their citizens).
You could very easily used the bread-lines from the our own Great Depression.
There may well be some Americans still alive that remember not only the bread lines but the Hoovervilles as well. They also might remember the election of FDR, as the Historians remember, the election of the greatest American president.

Speaking of 'bread lines'.....let's remind all of the wonders of FDR's response to the downturn:

Here is an interesting visual: imagine a triple line of the unemployed, three across, consisting of those unemployed under Hoover, in 1931. The line would have gone from Los Angeles, across the country, to the border of Maine.

What effect did Roosevelt have on the line?

Well, eight years later, in 1939, the length of the line would have gone further, from the Maine border, south to Boston, then on to New York City, then to Philadelphia, on to Washington, D.C.- and finally, into Virginia.
Folsom, "New Deal or Raw Deal"

Think Folsom was wrong?

Check it out at the US Bureau of the Census, 'Historical Statistics of the United States: Colonial Times to 1970, I-126 and Unemployment Statistics during the Great Depression
FDR tried a no deficit budget in 1938...Yet industry did not respond..

You are consistent: a lying gnome forever.

Well, eight years later, in 1939, the length of the line would have gone further, from the Maine border, south to Boston, then on to New York City, then to Philadelphia, on to Washington, D.C.- and finally, into Virginia.
Folsom, "New Deal or Raw Deal"

Cherry picking, since instead of using eight years, why not look at 4 years, or 5 years or 6 years later, because the lines were much shorter under FDR, until Roosevelt listened to the republican in congress and stopped the "stimulus", which reenergized the depression. Before that unemployment was going down.

Facts are not your friend, especially when you have to cherry pick a specific year that the trend was reversed, without explaining WHY.

FDR turned a recession that could have been handled in a year or two...as Republican Harding proved, into a decade long Great Depression.

On purpose.

"America’s greatest depression fighter was Warren Gamaliel Harding. An Ohio senator when he was elected president in 1920, he followed Woodrow Wilson who got America into World War I, ...Harding inherited the mess, in particular the post-World War I depression – almost as severe, from peak to trough, as the Great Contraction from 1929 to 1933, that FDR inherited and prolonged. Richard K. Vedder and Lowell E. Gallaway, in their book Out of Work (1993), noted that the magnitude of the 1920 depression "exceeded that for the Great Depression of the following decade for several quarters." The estimated gross national product plunged 24% from $91.5 billion in 1920 to $69.6 billion in 1921. The number of unemployed people jumped from 2.1 million in 1920 to 4.9 million in 1921."
America’s Greatest Depression*Fighter by Jim Powell

America’s Greatest Depression Fighter by Jim Powell

http://www.nationalreview.com/articles/226645/not-so-great-depression/jim-powell

FDR turned a recession that could have been handled in a year or two...as Republican Harding proved, into a decade long Great Depression.

I guess some people can't be educated. They were calling it a depression long before FDR got into office.

Cherry picking, since instead of using eight years, why not look at 4 years, or 5 years or 6 years later, because the lines were much shorter under FDR, until Roosevelt listened to the republican in congress and stopped the "stimulus", which reenergized the depression. Before that unemployment was going down..

On purpose.

urdep.png

"http://www.econmacro.com/images/urdep.png"

Please take note of reality.

Cherry picking, since instead of using eight years, why not look at 4 years, or 5 years or 6 years later, because the lines were much shorter under FDR, until Roosevelt listened to the republican in congress and stopped the "stimulus", which reenergized the depression. Before that unemployment was going down..

On purpose.

urdep.png

"http://www.econmacro.com/images/urdep.png"

Please take note of reality.

You'd like reality???

Sure:
" “We have tried spending money. We are spending more than we have ever spent before and it does not work. And I have just one interest, and if I am wrong…somebody else can have my job. I want to see this country prosperous. I want to see people get a job. I want to see people get enough to eat. We have never made good on our promises…I say after eight years of this administration we have just as much unemployment as when we started…And an enormous debt to boot!”

Morgenthau Diary, May 9, 1939, Franklin Roosevelt Presidential Library

On purpose.

depression%20gdp.png

"http://rogercrump.pbworks.com/f/1265805071/depression gdp.png"

Please take note of reality. Here's the GDP

Sure:
" “We have tried spending money. We are spending more than we have ever spent before and it does not work. And I have just one interest, and if I am wrong…somebody else can have my job. I want to see this country prosperous. I want to see people get a job. I want to see people get enough to eat. We have never made good on our promises…I say after eight years of this administration we have just as much unemployment as when we started…And an enormous debt to boot!”

Morgenthau Diary, May 9, 1939, Franklin Roosevelt Presidential Library

Still cherrrypicking the result of cutting off the "stimulus"

See both the unemployment and GDP charts I just posted. Notice that SPIKE, that came when FDR listened to the republicans and stopped the economic stimulus.

I guess some people can't be educated. They were calling it a depression long before FDR got into office.
She always says that, yet Hoover had 4 years of the depression and all it got him was unemployed..

So was the birth of the United States a liberal or conservative movement?

The modern definitions of the terms are meaningless in terms of the 18th Century. Liberals are engaging in shameless propaganda when they pretend the Founding fathers shared their ideals.

Here is a rule which is the hermeneutical key to understanding how the Left differs, in a most deleterious way, from the right:

1. Every Leftist is, essentially, a Marxist…even though most eschew the title since the fall of the Soviet Union. Even so, Left-wing ideas are predicated on Marx’s materialist view. Philosophically, the term implies that only material things are real.

The Left’s concept of materialism broadens into the overarching desire to see every individual materially equal. The Left is less interested in creating wealth than in distributing it, and has been far more interested in fighting material inequality than tyranny, which is why Lenin, Mao, Pol Pot, Ho Chi Minh, Castro, etc., tend to have the support of Leftists around the world.

Leftists believe that an end to social and economic inequality and one will have Utopia! Dennis Prager, ”Still The Best Hope”

2. Claims of 'racism' are linked to demands for increased minimum wage laws by this view of the world.
No matter that it has been tried, and not only failed, failed miserably, but resulted in well over 100 million human beings slaughtered.

"Leaving for Las Vegas: California's minimum wage law leaves businesses no choice

to $10.50 an hour at the start of the new year. As the founder of a small fashion design house and clothing manufacturer in San Fernando, I’m not a disinterested observer in this change.

After two years in business, my company now has more than 150 clients from all over the world and 18 employees. It’s what’s known as a cut-and-sew house, part of the garment industry that generates about $17 billion in annual economic activity in Los Angeles County, including $6.9 billion in payroll, according to a 2016 industry report by the California Fashion Assn. This is the epicenter of apparel design and manufacturing in the United States; domestically manufactured clothing is more expensive, but retail and wholesale customers who care about quality and working conditions have historically been willing to pay for it.

Unfortunately, the industry is on a downward trend. Los Angeles County used to have more than 5,000 apparel factories; today, my company is one of roughly 2,000 — and many (e.g. American Apparel) are looking for a way out. One Los Angeles Times headline, quoting a California State University economist, warned that “the exodus has begun."

Leaving for Las Vegas: California's minimum wage law leaves businesses no choice

Think about that.
I totally agree with you PC, when you understand liberal equality, it always ends in misery. Bread lines in the old Soviet Union where Doctors and Bread makers were paid the same, so soon, Doctors had to have a gun put to their heads so they would work, yet even bread makers started walking away. There WEREN'T too many people jumping over the wall to get into Mother Russia, but plenty of Russians were leaving for Capitalism and the west. Venezuela which has more oil than Saudi Arabia and a gold mine to make all the citizens there very wealthy, are being held up by corrupt politicians and drug cartels, so the people there starve. Yes, liberalism is all about equality, where everyone is equally poor, and equally miserable, that is liberalism in a nutshell.

(only ones who have the money are the liberal elites who steal the money from their citizens).
There may well be some Americans still alive that remember not only the bread lines but the Hoovervilles as well. They also might remember the election of FDR, as the Historians remember, the election of the greatest American president.

The Great Depression was the result of government meddling in the economy. First with the Federal Reserve and the income tax, and then with Smoot Hawley and all the New Deal programs.

FDR was the greatest American douche bag of all time.

View attachment 125282

urdep.png

I inverted the GDP to show how both GDP and inversely unemployment followed FDR's stimulus from 1933 until 1937, and how listening to the republicans for 1938 reversed the recovery.

ROFL! You mean by raising taxes? When have Republicans ever endorsed that? FDR could have ended the depression simply be ending all his New Deal programs. That's what ended it after the war was over.

Think about that.

The Great Depression was the result of government meddling in the economy. First with the Federal Reserve and the income tax, and then with Smoot Hawley and all the New Deal programs.

The depression started during Hoover, he was a douche bag also..

Not only did repubs not do anything during the depression, they were isolationist and helped the rise of Hitler to power..
See how well that sounds as rhetoric, in the proud tradition of PCD and Bipat?

The modern definitions of the terms are meaningless in terms of the 18th Century. Liberals are engaging in shameless propaganda when they pretend the Founding fathers shared their ideals.
So has conservatives, they had to give up their plantations and slaves..

Calling slavery "conservative" is one of the greatest slanders of all time. It's only excelled by the slander that the Nazis were "right wing."

Think about that.

The depression started during Hoover, he was a douche bag also..

Hoover's programs were the start of all of FDR's counter productive government interference. We only had a sharp recession until Hoover and FDR began all their meddling and "fixing."

So has conservatives, they had to give up their plantations and slaves..

Calling slavery "conservative" is one of the greatest slanders of all time. It's only excelled by the slander that the Nazis were "right wing."
Deal with it the best you can...

Forum List

Back