Why Liberalism Must Be Expunged.

Here is a rule which is the hermeneutical key to understanding how the Left differs, in a most deleterious way, from the right:

The Left does not value prosperity....it values equality.

1. Every Leftist is, essentially, a Marxist…even though most eschew the title since the fall of the Soviet Union. Even so, Left-wing ideas are predicated on Marx’s materialist view. Philosophically, the term implies that only material things are real.

The Left’s concept of materialism broadens into the overarching desire to see every individual materially equal. The Left is less interested in creating wealth than in distributing it, and has been far more interested in fighting material inequality than tyranny, which is why Lenin, Mao, Pol Pot, Ho Chi Minh, Castro, etc., tend to have the support of Leftists around the world.

Leftists believe that an end to social and economic inequality and one will have Utopia! Dennis Prager, ”Still The Best Hope”

2. Claims of 'racism' are linked to demands for increased minimum wage laws by this view of the world.
No matter that it has been tried, and not only failed, failed miserably, but resulted in well over 100 million human beings slaughtered.

3. And, more bad news for the Left from the LA Times:
"Leaving for Las Vegas: California's minimum wage law leaves businesses no choice

California’s minimum wage jumped
to $10.50 an hour at the start of the new year. As the founder of a small fashion design house and clothing manufacturer in San Fernando, I’m not a disinterested observer in this change.

After two years in business, my company now has more than 150 clients from all over the world and 18 employees. It’s what’s known as a cut-and-sew house, part of the garment industry that generates about $17 billion in annual economic activity in Los Angeles County, including $6.9 billion in payroll, according to a 2016 industry report by the California Fashion Assn. This is the epicenter of apparel design and manufacturing in the United States; domestically manufactured clothing is more expensive, but retail and wholesale customers who care about quality and working conditions have historically been willing to pay for it.

Unfortunately, the industry is on a downward trend. Los Angeles County used to have more than 5,000 apparel factories; today, my company is one of roughly 2,000 — and many (e.g. American Apparel) are looking for a way out. One Los Angeles Times headline, quoting a California State University economist, warned that “the exodus has begun."

If not for the $15 minimum wage, I’d have zero interest in leaving California."
Leaving for Las Vegas: California's minimum wage law leaves businesses no choice

Did I mention that the Left does not value prosperity....it values equality.

Think about that.
I totally agree with you PC, when you understand liberal equality, it always ends in misery. Bread lines in the old Soviet Union where Doctors and Bread makers were paid the same, so soon, Doctors had to have a gun put to their heads so they would work, yet even bread makers started walking away. There WEREN'T too many people jumping over the wall to get into Mother Russia, but plenty of Russians were leaving for Capitalism and the west. Venezuela which has more oil than Saudi Arabia and a gold mine to make all the citizens there very wealthy, are being held up by corrupt politicians and drug cartels, so the people there starve. Yes, liberalism is all about equality, where everyone is equally poor, and equally miserable, that is liberalism in a nutshell.

(only ones who have the money are the liberal elites who steal the money from their citizens).
You could very easily used the bread-lines from the our own Great Depression.
There may well be some Americans still alive that remember not only the bread lines but the Hoovervilles as well. They also might remember the election of FDR, as the Historians remember, the election of the greatest American president.

The Great Depression was the result of government meddling in the economy. First with the Federal Reserve and the income tax, and then with Smoot Hawley and all the New Deal programs.

FDR was the greatest American douche bag of all time.
The depression started during Hoover, he was a douche bag also..

Hoover's programs were the start of all of FDR's counter productive government interference.
Coolidge decided to ignore the first warning signs of the depression, falling prices for farm products..Yet, it got him no where also..

upload_2017-5-7_10-11-54.png

urdep.png

I inverted the GDP to show how both GDP and inversely unemployment followed FDR's stimulus from 1933 until 1937, and how listening to the republicans for 1938 reversed the recovery

So was the birth of the United States a liberal or conservative movement?

The modern definitions of the terms are meaningless in terms of the 18th Century. Liberals are engaging in shameless propaganda when they pretend the Founding fathers shared their ideals.
So has conservatives, they had to give up their plantations and slaves..

Calling slavery "conservative" is one of the greatest slanders of all time. It's only excelled by the slander that the Nazis were "right wing."
Deal with it the best you can...
I deal with lies by pointing out that they are lies.

So was the birth of the United States a liberal or conservative movement?

The modern definitions of the terms are meaningless in terms of the 18th Century. Liberals are engaging in shameless propaganda when they pretend the Founding fathers shared their ideals.
So has conservatives, they had to give up their plantations and slaves..

Calling slavery "conservative" is one of the greatest slanders of all time. It's only excelled by the slander that the Nazis were "right wing."
Deal with it the best you can...
I am sure you do...If you can recognize them..

View attachment 125282

urdep.png

I inverted the GDP to show how both GDP and inversely unemployment followed FDR's stimulus from 1933 until 1937, and how listening to the republicans for 1938 reversed the recovery.

ROFL! You mean by raising taxes? When have Republicans ever endorsed that? FDR could have ended the depression simply be ending all his New Deal programs. That's what ended it after the war was over.

His aim was never to end the recession, it was to use a depression to end the Constitution.
And he did.

1. The basis of FDR's 1932 campaign to win the presidency from Herbert Hoover was his emphatic promise to the suffering American people, that he would balance the budget. "
American Founders | The Heritage Foundation

2. Roosevelt went further! The cause: "It arises from one cause only and that is the unbalanced budget at he continued failure of this administration to take effective steps to balance it!

If that budget had been fully and honestly balanced in 1930, some of the 1931 troubles would have been avoided. Even if it had been balanced in 1931, much of the extreme dip in 1932 would have been obviated. Every financial man in the country knows why this is true." http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/?pid=88399

a. And this: "... carrying out the plain precept of our Party, which is to reduce the cost of current Federal Government operations by 25 percent." Ibid.

FDR's promises!!!

And.....the very same plan that Harding used to tame an earlier upheaval.

3. ....to begin with, in March of 1933, he didn't fill his cabinet with persons committed to a balanced budget. A pretty much poke 'in your eye.'

Nah....instead the bunch put together the huge spending and administrative expansion of his first hundred day, Douglas knew the real deal.

4. Roosevelt expanded the federal government and ran up deficits much greater than those of Hoover.

Here is a rule which is the hermeneutical key to understanding how the Left differs, in a most deleterious way, from the right:

The Left does not value prosperity....it values equality.

1. Every Leftist is, essentially, a Marxist…even though most eschew the title since the fall of the Soviet Union. Even so, Left-wing ideas are predicated on Marx’s materialist view. Philosophically, the term implies that only material things are real.

The Left’s concept of materialism broadens into the overarching desire to see every individual materially equal. The Left is less interested in creating wealth than in distributing it, and has been far more interested in fighting material inequality than tyranny, which is why Lenin, Mao, Pol Pot, Ho Chi Minh, Castro, etc., tend to have the support of Leftists around the world.

Leftists believe that an end to social and economic inequality and one will have Utopia! Dennis Prager, ”Still The Best Hope”

2. Claims of 'racism' are linked to demands for increased minimum wage laws by this view of the world.
No matter that it has been tried, and not only failed, failed miserably, but resulted in well over 100 million human beings slaughtered.

3. And, more bad news for the Left from the LA Times:
"Leaving for Las Vegas: California's minimum wage law leaves businesses no choice

California’s minimum wage jumped
to $10.50 an hour at the start of the new year. As the founder of a small fashion design house and clothing manufacturer in San Fernando, I’m not a disinterested observer in this change.

After two years in business, my company now has more than 150 clients from all over the world and 18 employees. It’s what’s known as a cut-and-sew house, part of the garment industry that generates about $17 billion in annual economic activity in Los Angeles County, including $6.9 billion in payroll, according to a 2016 industry report by the California Fashion Assn. This is the epicenter of apparel design and manufacturing in the United States; domestically manufactured clothing is more expensive, but retail and wholesale customers who care about quality and working conditions have historically been willing to pay for it.

Unfortunately, the industry is on a downward trend. Los Angeles County used to have more than 5,000 apparel factories; today, my company is one of roughly 2,000 — and many (e.g. American Apparel) are looking for a way out. One Los Angeles Times headline, quoting a California State University economist, warned that “the exodus has begun."

If not for the $15 minimum wage, I’d have zero interest in leaving California."
Leaving for Las Vegas: California's minimum wage law leaves businesses no choice

Did I mention that the Left does not value prosperity....it values equality.

Think about that.
I totally agree with you PC, when you understand liberal equality, it always ends in misery. Bread lines in the old Soviet Union where Doctors and Bread makers were paid the same, so soon, Doctors had to have a gun put to their heads so they would work, yet even bread makers started walking away. There WEREN'T too many people jumping over the wall to get into Mother Russia, but plenty of Russians were leaving for Capitalism and the west. Venezuela which has more oil than Saudi Arabia and a gold mine to make all the citizens there very wealthy, are being held up by corrupt politicians and drug cartels, so the people there starve. Yes, liberalism is all about equality, where everyone is equally poor, and equally miserable, that is liberalism in a nutshell.

(only ones who have the money are the liberal elites who steal the money from their citizens).
There may well be some Americans still alive that remember not only the bread lines but the Hoovervilles as well. They also might remember the election of FDR, as the Historians remember, the election of the greatest American president.

The Great Depression was the result of government meddling in the economy. First with the Federal Reserve and the income tax, and then with Smoot Hawley and all the New Deal programs.

Hoover's programs were the start of all of FDR's counter productive government interference. We only had a sharp recession until Hoover and FDR began all their meddling and "fixing."

1. For comparison:

a. While "The Depression" is probably the only economic downturn ever studied in government schools, few ever speak of any depressions or recessions prior to the "Great Depression."

Know how many there were?

Over thirty. And the average length was a year or so.

List of recessions in the United States - List of recessions in the United States - Wikipedia

b. "The Great Depression (1929-39) was the deepest and longest-lasting economic downturn in the history of the Western industrialized world. In the United States, ..."The Great Depression - Facts & Summary - HISTORY.com

Know why? 'Cause Roosevelt wanted it to be.

.... he made it last longer, by a multiple of five, from most previous depressions/recessions.....

It sure was a good excuse for overturning the Constitution.

View attachment 125282

urdep.png

I inverted the GDP to show how both GDP and inversely unemployment followed FDR's stimulus from 1933 until 1937, and how listening to the republicans for 1938 reversed the recovery.

ROFL! You mean by raising taxes? When have Republicans ever endorsed that? FDR could have ended the depression simply be ending all his New Deal programs. That's what ended it after the war was over.

His aim was never to end the recession, it was to use a depression to end the Constitution.
And he did.

1. The basis of FDR's 1932 campaign to win the presidency from Herbert Hoover was his emphatic promise to the suffering American people, that he would balance the budget. "
American Founders | The Heritage Foundation

2. Roosevelt went further! The cause: "It arises from one cause only and that is the unbalanced budget at he continued failure of this administration to take effective steps to balance it!

If that budget had been fully and honestly balanced in 1930, some of the 1931 troubles would have been avoided. Even if it had been balanced in 1931, much of the extreme dip in 1932 would have been obviated. Every financial man in the country knows why this is true." Franklin D. Roosevelt: Campaign Address on the Federal Budget at Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

a. And this: "... carrying out the plain precept of our Party, which is to reduce the cost of current Federal Government operations by 25 percent." Ibid.

FDR's promises!!!

And.....the very same plan that Harding used to tame an earlier upheaval.

3. ....to begin with, in March of 1933, he didn't fill his cabinet with persons committed to a balanced budget. A pretty much poke 'in your eye.'

Nah....instead the bunch put together the huge spending and administrative expansion of his first hundred day, Douglas knew the real deal.

4. Roosevelt expanded the federal government and ran up deficits much greater than those of Hoover.
That's usually what happens when you run a massive relief program..

How about the lie that FDR turned a recession into a depression. Yet GDP bottomed after FDR took office, and started stimulating the economy.

From 1929 to 1932 the GDP plunged, not just for a recessionary number of months, but a depression era of years.

Starting 1933 the GDP rose for 4 straight years, but since the GDP was so LOW, what would have signaled the end of a recession (GDP growth) remained a depression.

Hoover's programs were the start of all of FDR's counter productive government interference.
Coolidge decided to ignore the first warning signs of the depression, falling prices for farm products..Yet, it got him no where also..
So now another Republican is to blame?

Farm prices were low all through the 1920s, dumbass. In fact, food prices have declined steadily ever since the country began. They were abnormally high during WW I because all the warring powers were buying American farm products.

You know zip about American economic history, so you should stop pontificating on the subject.

Sure:
" “We have tried spending money. We are spending more than we have ever spent before and it does not work. And I have just one interest, and if I am wrong…somebody else can have my job. I want to see this country prosperous. I want to see people get a job. I want to see people get enough to eat. We have never made good on our promises…I say after eight years of this administration we have just as much unemployment as when we started…And an enormous debt to boot!”

Morgenthau Diary, May 9, 1939, Franklin Roosevelt Presidential Library

Still cherrrypicking the result of cutting off the "stimulus"

See both the unemployment and GDP charts I just posted. Notice that SPIKE, that came when FDR listened to the republicans and stopped the economic stimulus.

Wow...you've taken quite a beating this morning....from pillar to post!

Best thing for you would be to alter your avi: Change that capital 'P' to a capital 'L'

How about the lie that FDR turned a recession into a depression. Yet GDP bottomed after FDR took office, and started stimulating the economy.

From 1929 to 1932 the GDP plunged, not just for a recessionary number of months, but a depression era of years.

Starting 1933 the GDP rose for 4 straight years, but since the GDP was so LOW, what would have signaled the end of a recession (GDP growth) remained a depression.

The economy always recovers after a recession. That's why they call them "recessions," dumbass. Hoover began all the government meddling that became the New Deal. FDR even admitted as much. One thing Hoover did is brow beat corporations into not lowering wages as they had done during every previous recession. Maintaining artificially high wages is the surest way to keep unemployment high. Then there was Smoot Hawley, which started a trade war.

Numerous books have been written on this subject which you can read for yourself. I'm not going to regurgitate them all for you in this forum.

You know zip about American economic history, so you should stop pontificating on the subject.

You can either blame the republican Coolidge, or the republican Hoover for the great depression. I believe Hoover inherited a failing economy instead of causing it. You could disagree. But Hoover was in office only a number of months when the great depression started.

So now another Republican is to blame?

Farm prices were low all through the 1920s, dumbass. In fact, food prices have declined steadily ever since the country began. They were abnormally high during WW I because all the warring powers were buying American farm products.

It would be unfair to blame Coolidge for sharing the prevalent optimism of his time. In retrospect, however, it became apparent that his policies contributed to the stock market crash of 1929 and the Great Depression that followed. His fiscal policy encouraged speculation and ignored inequality, as the flow of dollars into the pockets of the wealthy helped tip the healthy investment of the mid-1920s into the gambling that followed. His hands-off regulatory policy took its toll especially in the financial arena, where the dangerous practice of margin trading was allowed to flourish unrestrained. And for all the heady growth of the 1920s, Coolidge's policies exacerbated the uneven distribution of income and buying power, which led to the overproduction of goods for which there were not enough affluent consumers.

Making matters worse, Coolidge failed to address the worsening economic plight of farmers. Many farm-state progressives embraced a panacea known as McNary-Haugenism, based on a proposal dating back to 1921 that would have established a government corporation to buy surplus crops at artificially set prices (to be held or sold abroad when market prices rose). Although the scheme might have shored up the depressed farm economy, it would have encouraged overproduction, hurt consumers, and posed dangers to the international system. Congress passed versions of the McNary-Haugen bill twice, but Coolidge vetoed them. Still he failed to champion any alternative legislation, thus worsening the farm crisis when the Great Depression struck.
Calvin Coolidge: Domestic Affairs | Miller Center

I know you Trump lovers think that govt. actions have immediate results, but they don't..It takes time for a system to be implemented and the reaction to occur...

The economy always recovers after a recession. That's why they call them "recessions," dumbass. .

So you agree that Hoover started a DEPRESSION, aka 3 straight years (not just quarters) of GDP shrinkage, and under FDR there were 4 straight years of GDP growth, but not enough to cancel the drop in GDP under Hoover.

Last edited:
Best thing for you would be to alter your avi: Change that capital 'P' to a capital 'L'

And you should adopt an avatar that isn't someone that Trump would deport as an illegal alien.

Let's review, Lostman......

1. Bill Clinton, rapist and racist

2. Franklin Roosevelt, purposely extended the depression, to shred the Constitution

3. Democrats are 'Reds'....i.e., communists....the media tries to hide it with 'Blue States'

4. Democrats are and have always been the party of slavery and segregation, and there was no 'flip' with the Republicans

5. Republicans are responsible for women having the right to vote....Democrats filibustered against it.

6. ...and you....the greatest loser of the morn.
Congrats.

Wanna thank me for your education?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back