Why Liberals Hate Free Speech

If you believe this, then you should also accept the principle "I reserve the right to refuse service to anyone".

Why? My personal buying choices are not a business.

If you believe the consumer has the right not to buy from a business, you should equally believe a business has the right not to sell you something.

It's the same principle.

Not the same. Consumers have a choice who they do business with. No law applies to a consumers choice.

Business open to the public have that pesky public accommodation law to contend with.

Change the law. If you can.

It's the exact same principle. You're fine with discrimination....we get it.

So you think your family dinner is the same as operating a restaurant?

In ways. I can choose whom I allow to participate. I'm not a bit bashful about telling someone it's time they were elsewhere.

Tell Mac. He's the one who called boycotts, in the sense that they can be the consequence of someone else's free speech, thuggery.

If you believe this, then you should also accept the principle "I reserve the right to refuse service to anyone".

If you believe the consumer has the right not to buy from a business, you should equally believe a business has the right not to sell you something.

It's the same principle.

Not the same. Consumers have a choice who they do business with. No law applies to a consumers choice.

Business open to the public have that pesky public accommodation law to contend with.

Boohoo boohoo. There is a law I don't like and my kind is not smart enough to figure out how to get the law changed.

Boohoo boohoo. Whine about it some more. That'll get that law changed.

It's the same principle.

In ways. I can choose whom I allow to participate. I'm not a bit bashful about telling someone it's time they were elsewhere.

Ok, so you want an America where a restaurant can turn away Jews.

How will that make America better?

I don't believe they want to make America better.

They just think it would make them feel better (about themselves?) if they could ignore our laws.

They just think it would make them feel better (about themselves?) if they could ignore our laws.

Conservatives preach liberty, but most of the liberty they preach is the 'liberty' to deny others their rights.

It's the same principle.

Yes, it will mean the government can't interfere with a private business. The less government we have, the better America is.

Yes, it will mean the government can't interfere with a private business. The less government we have, the better America is.

You and your 1% are wrong. Institutionally enforced anti-Semitism will not make America a better place.

It's the same principle.

It will finally put an end to slavery.

You and your 1% are wrong. Institutionally enforced anti-Semitism will not make America a better place.

No one is talking about "institutionally enforced" antisemitism, moron. We're talking about allowing people to use their property as they see fit. That's called freedom, something you are mortally opposed to.

In typical lib fashion you erected a straw man to attack rather than addressing my actual position. If it wasn't for logical fallacies you wouldn't have any arguments.

Governments spoil people, people begin to expect pure food and drugs as one of their rights, and even expect reasonably safe working conditions. Ah for the old days when a company could grind up an occasional rat in its hamburger, and no one cared.

Governments spoil people, people begin to expect pure food and drugs as one of their rights, and even expect reasonably safe working conditions. Ah for the old days when a company could grind up an occasional rat in its hamburger, and no one cared.

Ratburgers have nothing to do with forced labor.

It's the same principle.

No shirt, no shoes, no service.

If I'm a baker and a homosexual couple wants me to make them a wedding cake, I'll suggest they look elsewhere. If not...I won't charge them a dime....but I'll make no promises it won't taste like shit.

Conservatives preach liberty, but most of the liberty they preach is the 'liberty' to deny others their rights.

You do not have the right to force someone to do what YOU want. You have a very warped view of what liberty is.

It is the freedom to choose. To choose to, or to choose not. But it remains a choice.

Yeah, because no one has purchased a coke with a dead rat in it since that law was passed. . . . . er, no, that's not right. Well, at least no one has died from contaminated food since the FDA was created . . . . er, no, that's not right. Well, at least no one has been killed by dangerous drugs since then. . . .. er, no, that's not right. And we all know that the creation of OSHA vastly increased the rate at which industrial accidents declined . . . . er, no, that's not right.

So how did people benefit from all this government regulation again?

Last edited:

Yeah, because no one has purchased a coke with a dead rat in it since that law was passed. . . . . er, no, that's right. Well, at least no one has died from contaminated food since the FDA was created . . . . er, no, that's not right. Well, at least no one has been killed by dangerous drugs since then. . . .. er, no, that's not right. And we all know that the creation of OSHA vastly increased the rate at which industrial accidents declined . . . . er, no, that's not right.

So how did people benefit from all this government regulation again?

People have access to legal remedies when they are harmed by polluters. Without the laws against pollution, food adulteration, dangerous drugs, etc.,

they would have nowhere to go. The threat of legal liability is a DETERRENT before the fact, and CONSEQUENCE after the fact.

It's called a legal system.

You do not have the right to force someone to do what YOU want. You have a very warped view of what liberty is.

It is the freedom to choose. To choose to, or to choose not. But it remains a choice.

Like choosing an abortion? Like choosing to marry someone of the same sex?

Like choosing to be a Muslim?

People have access to legal remedies when they are harmed by polluters. Without the laws against pollution, food adulteration, dangerous drugs, etc.,

they would have nowhere to go. The threat of legal liability is a DETERRENT before the fact, and CONSEQUENCE after the fact.

It's called a legal system.

That contradicts what your fellow Communist Regent was claiming. He claimed that without federal inspectors, we would have nothing but rat meat to eat.

Of course he is ignorant, as Communists tend to be. He thinks that all standards are set by the government, such as GAAP for accounting. Oh wait, that's private. Well then U/L - oops. private again. IEEE then - wait, private. I know. ISO - uh oh, private again.

Want to compare and contrast the effectivity of U/L to the FDA? U/L is underwriters laboratories. It was started by the Insurance Industry, to reduce claims for fire damage and death due to faulty electric appliances. Not only is U/L private, it's voluntary. Of course NO one would buy an appliance that was not U/L listed. Simple reason is it is 99.8% effective. Now what is the success rate of the FDA? 60% 70%?

Yes. If a woman wants to kill her unborn child, this is legal. Make no mistake however about what that process is, an intentional act which causes the death of a human being. Not letting people hide from that scientific truth is MY choice.

Yes. If someone chooses to marry someone of the same sex, that's legal, and their choice. Don't however expect me not to point out that is aberrant behavior. You don't have to like me pointing it out, but telling me I can't say it isn't an option, which is MY choice.

Yes. If someone chooses to be a Muslim, that is a choice. Don't expect me to become one, or try and force me to. Won't happen, which is again, MY choice.

Don't you understand what freedom is?

Yes. If a woman wants to kill her unborn child, this is legal. Make no mistake however about what that process is, an intentional act which causes the death of a human being. Not letting people hide from that scientific truth is MY choice.

Yes. If someone chooses to marry someone of the same sex, that's legal, and their choice. Don't however expect me not to point out that is aberrant behavior. You don't have to like me pointing it out, but telling me I can't say it isn't an option, which is MY choice.

Yes. If someone chooses to be a Muslim, that is a choice. Don't expect me to become one, or try and force me to. Won't happen, which is again, MY choice.

Don't you understand what freedom is?

NYC believes that everyone has the freedom to obey the party without question and that is the only freedom anyone needs.

Forum List

Back