🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

why mental health checks for guns can't pass muster....

What does the law say?
Since I know you don't know, I'll give you plenty of time to look it up.
Do you agree that a man as obviously impulsive and willing to break the law should be given his guns back?
I didn't ask what the law says. I asked what YOUR opinion is.

The law is the only thing that matters. Opinions don't.
Your answer is bullshit. You have plenty of opinions about laws in this country, including those that limit the rights of gun owners.

In my opion Hillary Clinton committed dozens of felonies...should she be arrested and charged, now?
Do you agree that a man as obviously impulsive and willing to break the law should be given his guns back?
did he use his gun during the dispute?

Easy fix, no guns.

You guys had the same solution to free blacks....no votes. that wasn't acceptable either.
The Founders wrote All Men Were Created Equal, an obvious lie. I'm much more honest.
They also wrote The right to bear arms shall not be infringed.

And what type of arms did they envision?

images

upload_2016-3-1_14-14-13.jpeg

Easy fix, no guns.

You guys had the same solution to free blacks....no votes. that wasn't acceptable either.
The Founders wrote All Men Were Created Equal, an obvious lie. I'm much more honest.

images

View attachment 65449
You left out cannons.The people in those days saw a transition from Brown Bess's to Flint Locks so innovations in arms were not unheard of and expected.

Easy fix, no guns.

images

View attachment 65449
did they say?

Easy fix, no guns.

images

View attachment 65449
You left out cannons.The people in those days saw a transition from Brown Bess's to Flint Locks so innovations in arms were not unheard of and expected.

When was the last time a citizen could afford to purchase a cannon, or carry it to a movie theater or classroom? Be real, the Bill of Rights was promised for the sole reason without it the Constitution would not be ratified by the required number of states, and it was done to limit the power of the FEDERAL Government:

"On their face, it is obvious that the amendments apply to actions by the federal government, not to actions by the states. In 1833, in Barron v. Baltimore, Chief Justice John Marshall confirmed that understanding. Barron had sued the city for damage to a wharf, resting his claim on the Fifth Amendment’s requirement that private property not be taken for public use “without just compensation.” Marshall ruled that the Fifth Amendment was intended “solely as a limitation on the exercise of power by the government of the United States, and is not applicable to the legislation of the states.”

Bill of Rights - Facts & Summary - HISTORY.com

Last edited:
Photo of 21st century arms:

View attachment 65450

images
Military weapons which are illegal for everyday citizens to own. By the way the top one is an experimental weapon that won't be fielded until next year if ever.

Well, your comment goes to prove my point. Such weapons are considered by the more extreme supporters of the 2nd A. as wrongly restricted by a tyrannical government.
As a law abiding citizen if I want those types of weapons I should be able to get them. But they are restricted by the Government.

The Supreme Court is currently hearing the case of two men denied ownership of guns because of domestic violence misdemeanors. One of the men, who was convicted over 10 years ago for the DV, has gone on to be arrested for various things, including probation violations, DUI, and illegally possessing five guns. Their argument is that a misdemeanor isn't serious enough to take away a person's 2nd amendment rights.
What does the law say?
Since I know you don't know, I'll give you plenty of time to look it up.
I didn't ask what the law says. I asked what YOUR opinion is.
If the state does not return the firearms of someone legally able to own them, the state the violates the rights of that person.
How can you possibly disagree?
Right now, it is against the law for him to own firearms forever because of the DV charge. That is what is being challenged in the SC.
I'm sorry... I didn't see where you agreed or disagreed with my response.
Well?

Using Hitler in this manner is both dishonest and a deflection from the real argument for gun controls - the costs in terms of blood and treasure on our economy
More mindless nonsense from someone who can only argue from emotion, ignorance and/or dishonesty.
For every gun used to commit murder yesterday, 16.4 million were not; this negates any argument you might want to make.

images

View attachment 65449
More dishonest, mindless nonsense from a anti-gun loon.

According to the law:
Some have made the argument, bordering on the frivolous, that only those arms in existence in the 18th century are protected by the Second Amendment . We do not interpret constitutional rights that way. Just as the First Amendment protects modern forms of communications, e.g., Reno v. American Civil Liberties Union, 521 U. S. 844, 849 (1997) , and the Fourth Amendment applies to modern forms of search, e.g., Kyllo v. United States, 533 U. S. 27, 35–36 (2001) , the Second Amendment extends, prima facie,to all instruments that constitute bearable arms, even those that were not in existence at the time of the founding.
DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA v. HELLER

When was the last time a citizen could afford to purchase a cannon, or carry it to a movie theater or classroom? Be real, the Bill of Rights was promised for the sole reason without it the Constitution would not be ratified by the required number of states, and it was done to limit the power of the FEDERAL Government:
More mindless nonsense.
14th Amendment

More mindless nonsense.
14th Amendment

Wow....using facts, the truth and reality debating a lefty.....is that really fair?

Forum List

Back