🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

why mental health checks for guns can't pass muster....

Defense: (locks)
beaumaris05.jpg

Offense: (guns)
Cannon_Fire.jpg
what is the purpose of a sword?
You tell me, is it for Defense? Or to kill the enemy with?
functional-swords.jpg

Just look them, charging forward to "protect" themselves or, maybe not...
what was a bow and arrow designed for? Seems your gun fetish isn't the only tool you should be looking at eliminating. Seems there are back ups.

Then you have to get rid of knives, you know Jack the ripper style attacks. then what, baseball bats, then clubs, hammers, axes, chain saws, mowers, chipping machines, long sticks, seems there is almost nothing that can't be a weapon. even a tootbrush handle
What can be used as a weapon is not the same is what is designed as a weapon. I'm okay with banning swords as well, they just don't kill 30,000 people a year here...
Bees kill...

Nope, nothing alike: (And Freud would have said, Big gun eh? Sorry about your tiny dick...)

Misattributed
  • A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity.
    • This is not a statement that appears in any translation of any of Freud's works. It is a paraphrase of a statement from the essay "Guns, Murders, and the Constitution" (February 1990) by Don B. Kates, Jr. where Kates summarizes his views of passages in Dreams in Folklore (1958) by Freud and David E. Oppenheim, while disputing statements by Emmanuel Tanay in "Neurotic Attachment to Guns" in a 1976 edition of The Fifty Minute Hour: A Collection of True Psychoanalytic Tales (1955) by Robert Mitchell Lindner:
Dr. Tanay is perhaps unaware of — in any event, he does not cite — other passages more relevant to his argument. In these other passages Freud associates retarded sexual and emotional development not with gun ownership, but with fear and loathing of weapons. The probative importance that ought to be attached to the views of Freud is, of course, a matter of opinion. The point here is only that those views provide no support for the penis theory of gun ownership.
Due to misreading of this essay and its citations, this paraphrase of an opinion about Freud's ideas has been wrongly attributed to Freud himself, and specifically to his 10th Lecture "Symbolism in Dreams" in General Introduction to Psychoanalysis on some internet forum pages: alt.quotations, uk.politics.guns, talk.politics.guns, can.talk.guns , etc.
One of the statements by Freud which Kates summarized from in Dreams in Folklore (1958), p. 33, reads: "The representation of the penis as a weapon, cutting knife, dagger etc., is familiar to us from the anxiety dreams of abstinent women in particular and also lies at the root of numerous phobias in neurotic people."
Sigmund Freud - Wikiquote
Think what you want, he made his point.
Carry-on consultant
His "pont" is a lie, since Freud never said anything remotely like that.
Oh don't kid yourself, consultant

beaumaris05.jpg

Cannon_Fire.jpg
functional-swords.jpg

what was a bow and arrow designed for? Seems your gun fetish isn't the only tool you should be looking at eliminating. Seems there are back ups.

Then you have to get rid of knives, you know Jack the ripper style attacks. then what, baseball bats, then clubs, hammers, axes, chain saws, mowers, chipping machines, long sticks, seems there is almost nothing that can't be a weapon. even a tootbrush handle
What can be used as a weapon is not the same is what is designed as a weapon. I'm okay with banning swords as well, they just don't kill 30,000 people a year here...
vehicles do.

beaumaris05.jpg

Cannon_Fire.jpg
functional-swords.jpg

Bees kill...
Planning to arm our soldiers with bees? Your lack of any valid argument is noted.

beaumaris05.jpg

Cannon_Fire.jpg
functional-swords.jpg

vehicles do.
Again, not weapons.

beaumaris05.jpg

Cannon_Fire.jpg
functional-swords.jpg

Bees kill...
so do peanuts and fish. Anti freeze kills. So does ammonia,

Nope, nothing alike: (And Freud would have said, Big gun eh? Sorry about your tiny dick...)

Misattributed
    • This is not a statement that appears in any translation of any of Freud's works. It is a paraphrase of a statement from the essay "Guns, Murders, and the Constitution" (February 1990) by Don B. Kates, Jr. where Kates summarizes his views of passages in Dreams in Folklore (1958) by Freud and David E. Oppenheim, while disputing statements by Emmanuel Tanay in "Neurotic Attachment to Guns" in a 1976 edition of The Fifty Minute Hour: A Collection of True Psychoanalytic Tales (1955) by Robert Mitchell Lindner:
Dr. Tanay is perhaps unaware of — in any event, he does not cite — other passages more relevant to his argument. In these other passages Freud associates retarded sexual and emotional development not with gun ownership, but with fear and loathing of weapons. The probative importance that ought to be attached to the views of Freud is, of course, a matter of opinion. The point here is only that those views provide no support for the penis theory of gun ownership.
Due to misreading of this essay and its citations, this paraphrase of an opinion about Freud's ideas has been wrongly attributed to Freud himself, and specifically to his 10th Lecture "Symbolism in Dreams" in General Introduction to Psychoanalysis on some internet forum pages: alt.quotations, uk.politics.guns, talk.politics.guns, can.talk.guns , etc.
One of the statements by Freud which Kates summarized from in Dreams in Folklore (1958), p. 33, reads: "The representation of the penis as a weapon, cutting knife, dagger etc., is familiar to us from the anxiety dreams of abstinent women in particular and also lies at the root of numerous phobias in neurotic people."
Carry-on consultant
I don't. Guns are weapons, and Freud wasn't stupid.

functional-swords.jpg

Bees kill...
Are peanuts and fish weapons?

functional-swords.jpg

vehicles do.
Again, not weapons.
so, I answered your question. Why does it matter its purpose if it achieves the same outcome?

functional-swords.jpg

Bees kill...
Are peanuts and fish weapons?
yes they can be. can't they?

functional-swords.jpg

Bees kill...
Planning to arm our soldiers with bees? Your lack of any valid argument is noted.
what about chemical warfare?
BTW, sure Bees could be used as a weapon. Dude, almost anything that can kill can be used as a weapon. I love it you don't get that. You're just too stupid.

functional-swords.jpg

Bees kill...
I heard bathtubs do too

functional-swords.jpg

vehicles do.
Again, not weapons.
so, I answered your question. Why does it matter its purpose if it achieves the same outcome?
The purpose of a gun is to kill. Like a biological weapon you don't need that to go to the Walmart, especially when no one else has one either.

Same difference dumbass

Misattributed
Carry-on consultant
He was an opium addict, but you know what, he knew was talking about when it comes to guns… Best to have one when you need one

functional-swords.jpg

Bees kill...
It's banned, for good reason.

functional-swords.jpg

Bees kill...
I heard bathtubs do too
ponds, lakes, boats, ski's. I don't know, like I said previously, almost anything.

Misattributed
Carry-on consultant
He was an opium addict, but you know what, he knew was talking about when it comes to guns… Best to have one when you need one
He never said anything of the kind...

Bees kill...
It's banned, for good reason.
It didn't stop the Muslims from using it, did it??
Lol
Hairdryers dropped in the bathtub I heard they kill too

Forum List

Back