🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

why mental health checks for guns can't pass muster....

This is one reason mental health checks for gun purchases can't pass muster.......they take too long. and the number of normal people buying guns vs. the criminals and crazies make it an undue burden on the Rights of law abiding citizens......which is why anti gun leadership is pushing for them......and their minions are following their lead...

As the article points out...this same tactic was used to disarm blacks after Republicans freed them.......the democrats kept blacks from getting guns through techniques like this.......

"Klan Compromise" Forces Sheriff To Break Gun Laws In NC

North Carolina’s relatively new (December 1, 2015) requirement to have mental health background checks on handgun purchasers hasn’t saved any lives, but it sure has created a mess as antiquated record-keeping systems run headlong into legal requirements for a timely search compounded by the demands of the North Carolina Sheriff’s Association to keep a Jim Crow-era pistol permitting system in place last year.

It may soon take as long to get a handgun as it does to get a machine gun. This is entirely absurd.

To get a gun permit in Mecklenburg County, there is a wait.

“It takes 10 days in California, six to seven weeks in Mecklenburg and now were hearing it might be six months,” said Larry Hyatt, gun store owner. “It’s totally unacceptable.”

Hyatt runs one of the busiest gun stores in the country. But there is nothing busy about a shelf in his store.
“These are handguns on hold while people are waiting for their permits,” Hyatt said while pointing at guns. “And this is just the G’s and H’s. There is almost 500 handguns waiting for permits.”

The number of permit requests flowing through the clerk’s office has been consistent, averaging 130 per month. But then in December, the number exploded to more than 2,000. And last month it was more than 2,500.

Part of that compromise gave sheriffs only 14 days to approve or deny permits. The problem is the mental health checks have been taking far longer than two weeks.

“So it kind of puts us in a dilemma,” said Sheriff Irwin Carmichael, Mecklenburg County. “So we go ahead and issue permits and let everyone know in 14 days or wait till we get all of this medical information back? I’m always going to err on the side of safety.”

Translation: the new law is forcing the sheriff to break the law to keep the public safe.
antiquated record-keeping systems run headlong into legal requirements for a timely search
Our state has run into this kind of trouble until it was forced to come (kicking and screaming) into the computer age. North Carolina will catch up. The sheriff isn't just CYA -- we recently had a high profile shooting where the shooter would not have had the gun if the background check had been done. Can't remember which, there have been so many.
person wants a gun, they'll get a gun. It's that simple. Again, it's a point that flies over libturds like your heads endlessly.

Not true, even there. Hitler liked guns, repealed gun control laws, for all but his enemies of course. Do you want your enemies well-armed, yes or no? Gee, Hitler had the same answer...
I do know that I don't want anyone, I don't care what purpose in life, to have something I am not allowed. I'm kinda funny that way, so if someone can have a gun, so can I. A human is a human, power equals distrust, and with the distrust is the presence of death. And, we have that and losing that isn't ever going to happen without some kind of struggle. So, we'll see right? Your way or our way. Who do you think will win?

BTW, evil is most often in the minds of leaders.
No one has guns, you have no guns. Welcome to equal.

BTW, they have drones, bombers, tanks, guns you can only dream of, and nuclear weapons. Fear is what makes you who you are. Grow up and let fear go. It's childish.
yep, you're exactly right, why don't they want to even the playing field with citizens? Cause they want control. it's a very simple basic philosophy. Every leader wants control. I don't care who they are. CONTROL. The only way to equal out the playing field is to be ready with weapons in the event of a hitler type. It's that simple Ted.
Paint my house is in a sea of sharks, hes in way over his head…
Against lies versus logic? Yeah, there's a shark around alright, little bait...
That's Rustic's expression of the week. Robo-gunlover.

image.jpg
We can fix that too, and mostly have it seems since it hasn't happened again eh?
yeah, instead they used kettles.
Easily fixed. And you can't fit the above in a pressure cooker now can you?
no, and why it doesn't matter, someone will move to another resource. so killers will find solutions to achieve their conclusions, and you will never stop them. I already know this, you haven't a clue.
So let's follow your "reasoning", since criminals might find a way there should be no laws and nothing should be banned? Gonna run with that?

The worst school shooting in history happened a couple of years ago in Va. Tech. Blacksburg because liberals decided that the privacy of crazy people trumped (no pun intended) the safety of Americans. The shooter was able to purchase firearms because the court ordered psychiatric counseling he received instead of arrest didn't show up in the name check. The left tried to blame Rush Limbaugh when a schitzophrenic gunned down a congresswoman in Arizona.

I do know that I don't want anyone, I don't care what purpose in life, to have something I am not allowed. I'm kinda funny that way, so if someone can have a gun, so can I. A human is a human, power equals distrust, and with the distrust is the presence of death. And, we have that and losing that isn't ever going to happen without some kind of struggle. So, we'll see right? Your way or our way. Who do you think will win?

BTW, evil is most often in the minds of leaders.

BTW, they have drones, bombers, tanks, guns you can only dream of, and nuclear weapons. Fear is what makes you who you are. Grow up and let fear go. It's childish.
yep, you're exactly right, why don't they want to even the playing field with citizens? Cause they want control. it's a very simple basic philosophy. Every leader wants control. I don't care who they are. CONTROL. The only way to equal out the playing field is to be ready with weapons in the event of a hitler type. It's that simple Ted.
Are you finished deflecting??
Lol
The ones deflecting are the ones afraid of gun control. Now they're down to hairdryer and peanut control. Oh, and bee control. Utterly desperate...

Lol
The ones deflecting are the ones afraid of gun control. Now they're down to hairdryer and peanut control. Oh, and bee control. Utterly desperate...
I'm not afraid of gun control. It ain't gonna happen. So no need to be afraid.

This is one reason mental health checks for gun purchases can't pass muster.......they take too long. and the number of normal people buying guns vs. the criminals and crazies make it an undue burden on the Rights of law abiding citizens......which is why anti gun leadership is pushing for them......and their minions are following their lead...

As the article points out...this same tactic was used to disarm blacks after Republicans freed them.......the democrats kept blacks from getting guns through techniques like this.......

North Carolina’s relatively new (December 1, 2015) requirement to have mental health background checks on handgun purchasers hasn’t saved any lives, but it sure has created a mess as antiquated record-keeping systems run headlong into legal requirements for a timely search compounded by the demands of the North Carolina Sheriff’s Association to keep a Jim Crow-era pistol permitting system in place last year.

It may soon take as long to get a handgun as it does to get a machine gun. This is entirely absurd.

“It takes 10 days in California, six to seven weeks in Mecklenburg and now were hearing it might be six months,” said Larry Hyatt, gun store owner. “It’s totally unacceptable.”

Hyatt runs one of the busiest gun stores in the country. But there is nothing busy about a shelf in his store.
“These are handguns on hold while people are waiting for their permits,” Hyatt said while pointing at guns. “And this is just the G’s and H’s. There is almost 500 handguns waiting for permits.”

The number of permit requests flowing through the clerk’s office has been consistent, averaging 130 per month. But then in December, the number exploded to more than 2,000. And last month it was more than 2,500.

Part of that compromise gave sheriffs only 14 days to approve or deny permits. The problem is the mental health checks have been taking far longer than two weeks.

“So it kind of puts us in a dilemma,” said Sheriff Irwin Carmichael, Mecklenburg County. “So we go ahead and issue permits and let everyone know in 14 days or wait till we get all of this medical information back? I’m always going to err on the side of safety.”

Translation: the new law is forcing the sheriff to break the law to keep the public safe.
antiquated record-keeping systems run headlong into legal requirements for a timely search
Our state has run into this kind of trouble until it was forced to come (kicking and screaming) into the computer age. North Carolina will catch up. The sheriff isn't just CYA -- we recently had a high profile shooting where the shooter would not have had the gun if the background check had been done. Can't remember which, there have been so many.
person wants a gun, they'll get a gun. It's that simple. Again, it's a point that flies over libturds like your heads endlessly.
What has flown over YOUR head is that I was talking about the processing delays, not the argument that criminals will get guns illegally. Stick to the point.

What has flown over YOUR head is that I was talking about the processing delays, not the argument that criminals will get guns illegally. Stick to the point.
nope, still over yours. You still don't get it. Here one more time, if a person wants a gun, they will get a gun. They will not wait. kapeesh?

Ah, you want your enemies well-armed? Guns are for protection, right?
never said that, I said, as long as I have choices I have a chance.
So you believe, wrongly. You have no choice on nuclear or biological weapons and you seem to be going about your day just fine.

And hey, look at that. You don't want your enemies well-armed, just like Hitler.

So you believe, wrongly. You have no choice on nuclear or biological weapons and you seem to be going about your day just fine.

And hey, look at that. You don't want your enemies well-armed, just like Hitler.
i've never denied anyone the ability to achieve weapons. Sorry.

Lol
Then stop wetting the bed trying desperately to defend you deadly toys. According to you, you have nothing to worry about...

Lol
Then stop wetting the bed trying desperately to defend you deadly toys. According to you, you have nothing to worry about...
I don't, and you don't have a chance in hell getting what you want, see, you don't have the numbers.

I'll make it easy for ya. Do you want criminals and ISIS well-armed, yes or no?

Lol
I don't, and you don't have a chance in hell getting what you want, see, you don't have the numbers.
I do have the numbers, which is what scares both you and the NRA. What's lacking, the will to undermine the powers that be. Just a matter of time.

and that proves our position.

I'll make it easy for ya. Do you want criminals and ISIS well-armed, yes or no?
I don't care as long as i have resources. hmmmm, thought I made that claim already. I want an equal chance against them and today I have that available to me and I'll fight you and yours harder to maintain that. Again, you don't have the numbers.

Last edited:
Lol
I do have the numbers, which is what scares both you and the NRA. What's lacking, the will to undermine the powers that be. Just a matter of time.
no you don't, cause if you did, it would have been done already. Doh!!!!!

Lol
Only deadly depending on who's using them dumbass

no you don't, cause if you did, it would have been done already. Doh!!!!!
Nope. There's a little political machine known as the NRA standing in our way. That, and American tradition.

Forum List

Back