Why Must We Abandon Our Religious Beliefs to Operate A Business?

Yes, but a business license doesn't mean you have to abandon your religious beliefs to submit to perverts.
Your religious based bigotry is duly noted.

For-profit means just that. You are not in it for the sake of morals or you would be doing business on a not-for-profit basis.
That's strictly your opinion. However, there is absolutely nothing in the Constitution that states citizens must abandon their religious beliefs when doing business. Christophobic bigot.
Only if you appeal to ignorance in a vacuum of special pleading. Everyone has a First Amendment, not just bakers.
Never said they didn't. You're flailing now.
whence any basis for complaint on the part of the bakers, on a for-profit basis?
Profit has nothing to do with it. Are you jealous of people that make a living by working?

That's strictly your opinion. However, there is absolutely nothing in the Constitution that states citizens must abandon their religious beliefs when doing business. Christophobic bigot.
Only if you appeal to ignorance in a vacuum of special pleading. Everyone has a First Amendment, not just bakers.
You're confused here. You can't force anyone to deny their religious beliefs.
Why are bakers?
You're very confused.
i am not the one with nothing but fallacy for a rebuttal. i have, "morals".
Uh, right. You live a lie.

Actually slavery is the ultimate manifestation of discrimination.

No it's not. That's why we have different words for them.

Leaving that aside you didn't answer my Question. Refusing service to someone based on religious beliefs is obviously discrimination. So you find that acceptable?
No, I don't find it acceptable. But I don't think it should be illegal. That's a key point too - the law isn't for banning everything we find unacceptable.

If your religious beliefs state that slavery is acceptable should you be allowed to enslave people? I strongly believe you would answer no to that question. Society imposes limits what a person can do when exercising their religious beliefs, the reason being that being religious should not interfere with other people.

You don't see the difference between enslaving someone and refusing to bake them a cake? It's not just a question of degree. Enslaving someone is violating their rights. Refusing to bake them a cake isn't.
Of course there's a difference. I purposefully used an extreme to make my point. My question would be what do you feel would be an acceptable amount of discriminating against people because of your religious beliefs?

Well, discrimination has nothing to do with slavery, so I'm not sure I see your point. I don't believe discrimination should be regulated by the government at all. Our personal preferenActuces on who we associate with should never be dictated by law.
Actually slavery is the ultimate manifestation of discrimination. I feel you are not equal to me so I have a RIGHT to keep you in bondage. Leaving that aside you didn't answer my Question. Refusing service to someone based on religious beliefs is obviously discrimination. So you find that acceptable?
Forcing someone to labor for a cause they abhor because of their religious belief is un-American. If a Christian demanded a queer baker to put on a cake "queer marriage is sin", you'd support the queers for refusing.

If your religious beliefs state that slavery is acceptable should you be allowed to enslave people? I strongly believe you would answer no to that question. Society imposes limits what a person can do when exercising their religious beliefs, the reason being that being religious should not interfere with other people.

You don't see the difference between enslaving someone and refusing to bake them a cake? It's not just a question of degree. Enslaving someone is violating their rights. Refusing to bake them a cake isn't.
Of course there's a difference. I purposefully used an extreme to make my point. My question would be what do you feel would be an acceptable amount of discriminating against people because of your religious beliefs?

Well, discrimination has nothing to do with slavery, so I'm not sure I see your point. I don't believe discrimination should be regulated by the government at all. Our personal preferenActuces on who we associate with should never be dictated by law.
Actually slavery is the ultimate manifestation of discrimination. I feel you are not equal to me so I have a RIGHT to keep you in bondage. Leaving that aside you didn't answer my Question. Refusing service to someone based on religious beliefs is obviously discrimination. So you find that acceptable?
The US Supreme Court upheld slavery in 1856. How did that turn out?

Forcing someone to labor for a cause they abhor because of their religious belief is un-American. If a Christian demanded a queer baker to put on a cake "queer marriage is sin", you'd support the queers for refusing.

Forcing someone to labor against their will, for any reason, is un-American.

I've maintained from day one that these cases of targeting Christian businesses is all about submission. They queer mafia doesn't accept exemption for religious beliefs. They want total submission because in their heart they hate God and want the Christian on his knees begging for mercy from them or they will destroy the christian.

Your religious based bigotry is duly noted.

For-profit means just that. You are not in it for the sake of morals or you would be doing business on a not-for-profit basis.
whence any basis for complaint on the part of the bakers, on a for-profit basis?
Profit has nothing to do with it. Are you jealous of people that make a living by working?

In public accommodation, you should incorporate on a not-for-profit basis if you want to preserve your, "moral rights" in secular and temporal, public accommodation.

I've maintained from day one that these cases of targeting Christian businesses is all about submission. They queer mafia doesn't accept exemption for religious beliefs. They want total submission because in their heart they hate God and want the Christian on his knees begging for mercy from them or they will destroy the christian.

LOL - not exactly. Many, maybe most, of them don't even believe in your god. They just want respect. Unfortunately, they've bought into the popular notion that we can and should legislate such matters.

In public accommodation, you should incorporate on a not-for-profit basis if you want to preserve your, "moral rights" in secular and temporal, public accommodation.
Where does it say that in my Constitution?

You're confused here. You can't force anyone to deny their religious beliefs.
Why are bakers?
You're very confused.
i am not the one with nothing but fallacy for a rebuttal. i have, "morals".
Uh, right. You live a lie.
only in a vacuum of special pleading. That is why, i prefer to have solutions instead of nothing but repeal.

True Gamorans and true Sodomites make better Citizens than false Christians. It really is that simple.

LOL - not exactly. Many, maybe most, of them don't even believe in your god. They just want respect. Unfortunately, they've bought into the popular notion that we can and should legislate such matters.
Yeah, they demand respect, but never show any to those that have religious beliefs that disagree with their lifestyle. Piss on 'em.

Our First Amendment applies to everyone, not just allegedly Christian bakers.

Yeah, they demand respect, but never show any to those that have religious beliefs that disagree with their lifestyle. Piss on 'em.

Well, pissing on them is, and should be, illegal.

Your religious beliefs aren't being denied.

the point is, you have to Prove you actually care about morals, on a for-profit basis.

why not simply change status to not-for-the-profit-of-lucre-over-morals basis.

Well, pissing on them is, and should be, illegal.
Destroying a person's livelihood should also be illegal.

ok

the point is, you have to Prove you actually care about morals, on a for-profit basis.

why not simply change status to not-for-the-profit-of-lucre-over-morals basis.
Says who?

Your religious beliefs aren't being denied.
denied and disparaged. a customer has a right to expect, customer service in public accommodation.

Practitioners of the Art of Baking are not infringed, regardless of Any specialty cake requested by the customer who is, "always right", on a for-profit basis.

Forum List

Back