Why no law was broken in the Sestak job offer...

Bwahahahahahahahahaha!!!!

EPIC FAIL WINGNUTS.

Someone check up on Phil and make sure he hasn't thrown himself off a bridge.

Oh, and y'all might wanna clean up all the ejaculate he left on the boards jerking off to this "scandal" 24/7.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Losers.

sheeesh...what a meltdown...

Why? because you say so?

No, because that is what the people in question have stated, namely Bill Clinton and Joe Sestak.

Now, if you want to make shit up, be my guest, but they are the only two witnesses, and Joe Sestak is the only reason there is any claim at all of misdeeds in the first place.

Questions?

How did Rob Emanuel get removed from this all of a sudden....there's a question for you.

Here's another one...why did it take them so long to come up with this explanation?

Oh wait...there's more....Are we supposed to believe that Clinton is going to testify under oath and be honest this time?

Right wingers should learn to read the actual laws you are referring to before making crazy accusations. Yes I'm talking to you Rep. Darrell Issa:

Hatch Act

SEC. 3. It shall be unlawful for any person, directly or indirectly, to promise any employment, position, work, compensation, or other benefit, provided for or made possible in whole or in part by any Act of Congress, to give consideration, favor, or reward for any political activity or for the support of or opposition to any candidate or any political party in any election.

Since the position offered, which was an advisory position on the President's Intelligence Advisory Board, was not in fact "made possible in whole or in part by any Act of Congress" (the IAB was created by presidential executive order during the Ford administration), no law has been broken.

In addition, section 9, which would be the other applicable section, contains an exception for the President himself and his cabinet. To wit:

SEC. 9. (a) It shall be unlawful for any person employed in the executive branch of the Federal Government, or any agency or department thereof, to use his official authority or influence for the purpose of interfering ;with an election or affecting the result thereof. No officer or employee in the executive branch of the Federal Government, or any agency or department thereof, shall take any active part in political management or in political campaigns. All such persons shall retain the right to vote as they may choose and to express their opinions on all political subjects. For the purposes of this section the term "officer" or "employee" shall not be construe to include (1) the President and the Vice Presdent of the United States; (2) persons whose compensation is paid from the appropriation for the office of the President;

Looks like the right-wingers have been led on yet another wild goose chase.

and your fucking stupid ass should learn what puncuation marks in sentences mean. Secondly if Obama has investigated himself, found no wrong doing...why is he NOT saying what happened and releasing all of the names of the people involved?

Last edited:

EPIC FAIL WINGNUTS.

Oh, and y'all might wanna clean up all the ejaculate he left on the boards jerking off to this "scandal" 24/7.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Losers.

Sorry .... I'm not mentally unstable like some of the retard left wing kooks...your partisanship shines through with the brightness of a thousand suns...I noticed, until all the left wing blog sites began the spin, you and Modbert didn't have much to say about anything...ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha...I guess you can put the defibrilator away again now huh....your Messiah has dodged another scandal thanks to the white guilt laden liberals such as yoursef and modbert? We will see.
You should worry though...Obama's lack of a response on the oil spill will hurt him and the Democrats.

Last edited:

EPIC FAIL WINGNUTS.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Losers.

Sorry .... I'm not mentally unstable like some of the retard left wing kooks...your partisanship shines through with the brightness of a thousand suns...I noticed, until all the left wing blog sites began the spin, you and Modbert didn't have much to say about anything...ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha...I guess you can put the defibrilator away again now huh....your Messiah has dodged another scandal thanks to the white guilt laden liberals such as yoursef and modbert? We will see.
You should worry though...Obama's lack of a response on the oil spill will hurt him and the Democrats.

I think it will be a few days before we see if Obama has dodged this scandal. I don't think this one is going away anytime soon.

They're testing excuses to see what the American people will believe....right now Clinton who already has a stain on his Presidency has volunteered to be the whipping boy for Obama to draw heat off the White House...

SORRY OBAMA STAFFERS...YOU ARE FAILING The only thing this has done is involve another corrupt Democrat who lied under oath!!!!!! How fucking stupid is that!!!???

They're testing excuses to see what the American people will believe....right now Clinton who already has a stain on his Presidency has volunteered to be the whipping boy for Obama to draw heat off the White House...

SORRY OBAMA STAFFERS...YOU ARE FAILING The only thing this has done is involve another corrupt Democrat who lied under oath!!!!!! How fucking stupid is that!!!???

I thought you vowed to believe the president when the rest of the story came out? You don't remember starting a thread that said exactly that?

Do you need a reminder?

You notice, they aren't trying to deny that Sestak was offered a position. That is a felony.

Now we are supposed to just pretend that the administration has done absolutely nothing wrong. I don't care if Obama is involved directly or not. I am sick and tired of corruption in every damn administration.

how is sestak being offered a job a felony???

There is NO SUCH LAW???????

How is offering a well qualified man a position within the white house a felony? you've studied Law, right? So PLEASE tell us how you have come to this IDEA OF YOURS that offering a job is a felony....???

WHY do you say things like that? IT makes you a LIAR?

Right wingers should learn to read the actual laws you are referring to before making crazy accusations. Yes I'm talking to you Rep. Darrell Issa:

Hatch Act

SEC. 3. It shall be unlawful for any person, directly or indirectly, to promise any employment, position, work, compensation, or other benefit, provided for or made possible in whole or in part by any Act of Congress, to give consideration, favor, or reward for any political activity or for the support of or opposition to any candidate or any political party in any election.

Since the position offered, which was an advisory position on the President's Intelligence Advisory Board, was not in fact "made possible in whole or in part by any Act of Congress" (the IAB was created by presidential executive order during the Ford administration), no law has been broken.

In addition, section 9, which would be the other applicable section, contains an exception for the President himself and his cabinet. To wit:

SEC. 9. (a) It shall be unlawful for any person employed in the executive branch of the Federal Government, or any agency or department thereof, to use his official authority or influence for the purpose of interfering ;with an election or affecting the result thereof. No officer or employee in the executive branch of the Federal Government, or any agency or department thereof, shall take any active part in political management or in political campaigns. All such persons shall retain the right to vote as they may choose and to express their opinions on all political subjects. For the purposes of this section the term "officer" or "employee" shall not be construe to include (1) the President and the Vice Presdent of the United States; (2) persons whose compensation is paid from the appropriation for the office of the President;

You know. if you really believe the story the Whitehouse has released about the Sestak job offer then we should talk a little business. I have a beautiful bridge in New York for sale that could be yours for a pittance. You won't mind though sending your payment to Nigeria would you?

sestak being offered a position within the white house is not a crime....sestak said himself he was offered the position well before he entered the Senate Primary....he was NOT EVEN a candidate or in the race officially.

Second, there was no need to ask sestak to pull out of the senate race, this never needed to be verbalized because he had not entered this race yet and even if he had already officially entered...... because the acceptance of any job offer, AUTOMATICALLY means sestak decided not to enter the senate race.

I don't even see how there could be a foul?

Presidents offer jobs within the WHouse or administration, to congressmen and senators ALL THE TIME??? This is common place for every president?

Again, now i have read the 2 laws....I do not see where any laws even could have been broken....?

And really, all this begs the question:

Why does anyone give a crap about this?

I mean, is there anyone who's not some sort of partisan extremist activist who really cares AT ALL about the inner workings of Democratic party politics?

It's not like they were trying to force the guy out of the race, they were just offering him an alternative.

Sure, it's perhaps a bit underhanded, but that's politics. Why would any "average Joe" citizen care about this at all?

Ummmm.. Because it was ILLEGAL!!

SO is Jaywalking.

And besides, it was not illegal. See the rest of this thread for details.

You realize you jsut contradicted yourself, right?
If he is trying to get one Democrat elected over another through bribery then that is not acting in his capacity as President. That is a party matter.

No, I didn't.

If he feels one representative would server the nation better than another, than it is in the best interest of the nation.

How did Rob Emanuel get removed from this all of a sudden....there's a question for you.

Here's another one...why did it take them so long to come up with this explanation?

Oh wait...there's more....Are we supposed to believe that Clinton is going to testify under oath and be honest this time?

Are you expected Rahm Emanuel to tell a different, more incriminating story?

Good luck with that. LOL.

Hatch Act

and your fucking stupid ass should learn what puncuation marks in sentences mean. Secondly if Obama has investigated himself, found no wrong doing...why is he NOT saying what happened and releasing all of the names of the people involved?

Alright, I'll bite.

What the fuck are you talking about?

sestak being offered a position within the white house is not a crime....sestak said himself he was offered the position well before he entered the Senate Primary....he was NOT EVEN a candidate or in the race officially.

Second, there was no need to ask sestak to pull out of the senate race, this never needed to be verbalized because he had not entered this race yet and even if he had already officially entered...... because the acceptance of any job offer, AUTOMATICALLY means sestak decided not to enter the senate race.

I don't even see how there could be a foul?

Presidents offer jobs within the WHouse or administration, to congressmen and senators ALL THE TIME??? This is common place for every president?

Again, now i have read the 2 laws....I do not see where any laws even could have been broken....?

OH man, that is fucking rich!

I just want to copy and paste that again for emphasis:

sestak said himself he was offered the position well before he entered the Senate Primary....he was NOT EVEN a candidate or in the race officially.

ROFL! Man, the right-wingers sure are going to look like unbelievable morons if they keep this up.

Crimes and Criminal Procedure - 18 USC Section 600
Sec. 600. Promise of employment or other benefit for political
activity

Whoever, directly or indirectly, promises any employment,
position, compensation, contract, appointment, or other benefit,
provided for or made possible in whole or in part by any Act of
Congress, or any special consideration in obtaining any such
benefit, to any person as consideration, favor, or reward for any
political activity or for the support of or opposition to any
candidate or any political party in connection with any general or
special election to any political office, or in connection with any
primary election or political convention or caucus held to select
candidates for any political office, shall be fined under this
title or imprisoned not more than one year, or both.

AMENDMENTS
1994 - Pub. L. 103-322 substituted "fined under this title" for
"fined not more than $10,000".
1976 - Pub. L. 94-453 substituted $10,000 for $1,000 maximum
allowable fine.
1972 - Pub. L. 92-225 struck out "work," after "position,",
inserted "contract, appointment," after "compensation," and "or any
special consideration in obtaining any such benefit," after "Act of
Congress,", and substituted "in connection with any general or
candidates for any political office" for "in any election".

EFFECTIVE DATE OF 1972 AMENDMENT
Amendment by Pub. L. 92-225 effective Dec. 31, 1971, or sixty
days after date of enactment [Feb. 7, 1972], whichever is later,
see section 408 of Pub. L. 92-225, set out as an Effective Date
note under section 431 of Title 2, The Congress.

Crimes and Criminal Procedure - 18 USC Section 600
Sec. 600. Promise of employment or other benefit for political
activity

Whoever, directly or indirectly, promises any employment,
position, compensation, contract, appointment, or other benefit,
provided for or made possible in whole or in part by any Act of
Congress, or any special consideration in obtaining any such
benefit, to any person as consideration, favor, or reward for any
political activity or for the support of or opposition to any
candidate or any political party in connection with any general or
candidates for any political office, shall be fined under this
title or imprisoned not more than one year, or both.

AMENDMENTS
1994 - Pub. L. 103-322 substituted "fined under this title" for
"fined not more than $10,000".
1976 - Pub. L. 94-453 substituted $10,000 for $1,000 maximum
allowable fine.
1972 - Pub. L. 92-225 struck out "work," after "position,",
inserted "contract, appointment," after "compensation," and "or any
special consideration in obtaining any such benefit," after "Act of
Congress,", and substituted "in connection with any general or
candidates for any political office" for "in any election".

EFFECTIVE DATE OF 1972 AMENDMENT
Amendment by Pub. L. 92-225 effective Dec. 31, 1971, or sixty
days after date of enactment [Feb. 7, 1972], whichever is later,
see section 408 of Pub. L. 92-225, set out as an Effective Date
note under section 431 of Title 2, The Congress.

Says the same thing as the Hatch Act, which I quoted. Note the part where it says:

provided for or made possible in whole or in part by any Act of Congress

And, as I stated, the Hatch Act, from which this US Code is taken, includes specific exceptions for the President and Vice President of the United States.

In addition, as was stated a few posts ago, the entire episode occurred before Sestak had even declared, making the whole point moot.

So the slickster lawyers watched their words and offered a nonpaying job to a guy so as to remove him from the race.

Do you really believe that nonpaying job would not have been morphed into something else as a payoff?

Are you that fucking naive?

Forum List

Back