Why nobody invades Switzerland....

No
No one invades Switzerland because it's a haven for those that want to hide things.

Like offshore money in Swiss bank accounts for starters...
You're half right. Those assholes know how to protect themselves and their property.By arming everybody. The safest place to be is the place where the guns are kept.
How are you going to protect your property if your gun has no bullets? I guess you can club people to death with it.

The ammo for the militia guns is not allowed to be kept at their homes. Just the guns.

They can only own ammo for privately owned guns.
Yeah, I'm sure all those Swiss guys don't have bullets in their weapons.

They don't. It's a fact. Sorry to make your butt hurt.

You can only own ammo for privately owned guns for which you have a permit in Switzerland.

Sorry Koshie! The premise of your theory has catastrophically collapsed.

Plus the Alps.

The main reason no one invades Switizerland is because they stay out of every other countries affairs.

Before they went neutral, Switzerland was invaded- a lot.

Switzerland has lots of guns. Wouldn't have stopped the Nazi's from invading if they thought it was worthwhile- but Switzerland was more valuable to Nazi Germany as a 'neutral' that they could not only do business with- but also the Nazi leadership could store their stolen gains there.

By the way- Switzerland- a country with 4 official languages- 3 different cultures- and they all get along.

So are the idiots here pretending the Swiss military doesn't have bullets?

Your hole is getting deeper and deeper. Keep digging, it makes you look soooo Republican!

I BULLETed some excerpted quotes from PolitiFact for you cuz I know from your lack facts, you're to lazy to look this stuff up on your own... obviously John Cleese's take on Fox watchers is spot on.

Facebook posting says the gun-rich Swiss have the lowest firearm crime rate in the civilized world

rulings%2Ftom-pantsonfire.gif

By C. Eugene Emery Jr. on Sunday, January 6th, 2013

* we looked at GunPolicy.org’s data on gun homicide rates for 24 countries, mostly in western Europe but also Japan, Australia, New Zealand, Canada and the United States.

Switzerland's gun homicide rate was anything but "the lowest."

It was fourth highest.

*(Switzerland also has the seventh highest suicide rate and the third highest rate of gun-related suicide,

* we looked at its database on various crime categories such as assault, robbery, and theft, where guns were most likely to be involved, to see whether the crime rate in Switzerland was really that low.

It wasn't.

Eleven out of 26 countries had lower rates of theft than Switzerland.

Thirteen of 26 had lower rates of robbery.

Six of 26 had lower rates of assault.

So the Swiss can't boast the lowest crime rate, another claim gun advocates make.

*when you look at how often guns are used in the commission of a crime, Switzerland doesn't look like the safest place in Europe or other developed countries.

*...Switzerland was tied for 12th when it came to the use of a firearm during a robbery. (The United States ranked 30th. Mexico was last.)

*Switzerland was tied for 25th when it came to the risk of seeing a gun if you're the victim of an assault.

*In short, the claim about Switzerland seems completely made up.

One other point is particularly important here. The description of gun distribution in Switzerland omits important information.

*The Swiss government doesn't hand out a gun to every household. It requires nearly every able-bodied young male adult to serve in the citizen militia, where they are issued a military rifle. The guns are supposed to be for military use only, not for personal defense.

Militia ☞ *Those men are supposed to show up for 18 weeks of training, followed by seven re-training sessions (each lasting three weeks) over the next 10 years.

*The ammunition for the weaponry is kept in a government arsenal.

*Overall, "they have fewer guns per capita than we do and far stricter gun laws in terms of private ownership," Everett said. "If the U.S. ever attempted to implement gun laws like Switzerland's, the NRA would fight it tooth and nail."

Our ruling

* "The way Switzerland is being depicted in some [accounts] is absurd."

* In short, this claim appears to be completely fabricated. We rate it Pants on Fire!

Hell yeah, let's train the gangs to shoot better. Hell yea.

They also go away with the knowledge that everyone else can shoot as well.
And they learn how not to accidentally shoot innocent bystanders when they're doing their drive bys. I bet it will result in a lot less accidental shootings during burglaries as well.

Works for me.

I was being silly. kg was just her usual idiot self. This might as well be a parody thread. The regulations the Swiss put on firearms would be unconstitutional here, and KG would be screaming "Obama's taking our guns" if we tried them.

I guess we'll have to find another crackpot theory for why no one invades Switzerland.

"Dey trow a mean snowball dat gets bigger and bigger!"

I was being silly. kg was just her usual idiot self. This might as well be a parody thread. The regulations the Swiss put on firearms would be unconstitutional here, and KG would be screaming "Obama's taking our guns" if we tried them.
Well obviously I would not be screaming "Obama's taking our guns" if he required us to keep them, half wit.

The claim that no one invades Switzerland because of their guns is almost as absurd as the claim that no one invades Switzerland because of the Alps.

The Alps protect Switzerland great against Italy and Austria- but from Germany its a nice plain- I still remember spending a beautiful day riding the border of Switzerland and Germany- a whole day without a single hill.

Have you noticed how everybody who is very wealthy retires in Switzerland?

that's the reason why ...no taxes

They have no taxes, all the citizens are armed to the teeth, their borders are guarded, and they have the most restrictive immigration laws on the books in the world.

It's the only right winged utopia on earth

They have no taxes, all the citizens are armed to the teeth, their borders are guarded, and they have the most restrictive immigration laws on the books in the world.

They have really cool dogs too.

Drafting | GSMDCA

Because you don't have to pay taxes in Switzerland....hehe....and so everybody has that location to flee as a last chance.... they...the elites and powerful take good care of that country ...you know....

also

Swiss have brains ....they are awfully boring....but they do have brains LOL ...they do not let savages in.

Not entirely true. There are taxes in Switzerland, they're just low. However, the cost of living in Switzerland is very high. A good rough estimate is to live in Switzerland you are going to be paying about 35% more for everything there than here in the USA.

Cost Of Living Comparison Between Switzerland And United States

Me likey! :biggrin:

So are the idiots here pretending the Swiss military doesn't have bullets?

Your hole is getting deeper and deeper. Keep digging, it makes you look soooo Republican!

I BULLETed some excerpted quotes from PolitiFact for you cuz I know from your lack facts, you're to lazy to look this stuff up on your own... obviously John Cleese's take on Fox watchers is spot on.

By C. Eugene Emery Jr. on Sunday, January 6th, 2013

* we looked at GunPolicy.org’s data on gun homicide rates for 24 countries, mostly in western Europe but also Japan, Australia, New Zealand, Canada and the United States.

Switzerland's gun homicide rate was anything but "the lowest."

It was fourth highest.

*(Switzerland also has the seventh highest suicide rate and the third highest rate of gun-related suicide,

* we looked at its database on various crime categories such as assault, robbery, and theft, where guns were most likely to be involved, to see whether the crime rate in Switzerland was really that low.

It wasn't.

Eleven out of 26 countries had lower rates of theft than Switzerland.

Thirteen of 26 had lower rates of robbery.

Six of 26 had lower rates of assault.

So the Swiss can't boast the lowest crime rate, another claim gun advocates make.

*when you look at how often guns are used in the commission of a crime, Switzerland doesn't look like the safest place in Europe or other developed countries.

*...Switzerland was tied for 12th when it came to the use of a firearm during a robbery. (The United States ranked 30th. Mexico was last.)

*Switzerland was tied for 25th when it came to the risk of seeing a gun if you're the victim of an assault.

*In short, the claim about Switzerland seems completely made up.

One other point is particularly important here. The description of gun distribution in Switzerland omits important information.

*The Swiss government doesn't hand out a gun to every household. It requires nearly every able-bodied young male adult to serve in the citizen militia, where they are issued a military rifle. The guns are supposed to be for military use only, not for personal defense.

Militia ☞ *Those men are supposed to show up for 18 weeks of training, followed by seven re-training sessions (each lasting three weeks) over the next 10 years.

*The ammunition for the weaponry is kept in a government arsenal.

*Overall, "they have fewer guns per capita than we do and far stricter gun laws in terms of private ownership," Everett said. "If the U.S. ever attempted to implement gun laws like Switzerland's, the NRA would fight it tooth and nail."

Our ruling

* "The way Switzerland is being depicted in some [accounts] is absurd."

* In short, this claim appears to be completely fabricated. We rate it Pants on Fire!

Do you righty's ever fact check anything? Y'all should be ashamed of yourselves, y'all should apologize to the message board for spreading this fiction.

John Cleese has Fox watchers
pegged perfectly.

You're writing style reminds me of someone else? Are you also...

Forum List

Back