Why Obama lost the gun debate

Yes, because if he had focused on the safety of children rather than guns it would have been a no brainer.

LOL. Have you not been paying attention for the last 5 years? Nothing Obama/dems propose is adopted as a "no-brainer", even shit that republicans asked for in the first place.

You're not that naive, are you?

Maybe I am. I believe a bill in good faith to protect the children would have had strong support. This bill was nothing of that nature
As proven by the fact that nothing in their legislation would have prevented the Newtown shooting and nothing in it would prevent another.

The Obama needed two things to push His long-standing position on guns:
1- Re-election
2- A bunch of dead kids.
And while His prayers were answered, He couldn't deliver.
And He's pissed.

In all honesty, I can't think of anything that Obama could have proposed that I would have found acceptable.

Not because of it being a Democrat, but because I believe that there are more than enough laws already on the books and the lack of enforcement is the real problem.

I've seen figures that over 15,000 forms were filed with false information.. Clearly a violation of the law, and only less than 50 were prosecuted.

Why so few?

-- Impossibly stupid pictures that are supposed to pass as reasoned debate deleted ---
The 1994 AWB ban, in reality, banned mothing.
How do I know?

See the pics, below? Where the teen- and pre-teen are shooting an AR-15?
That AR is one of 3 new-in-box ARs I bought, legally, during the ban.

But YOU think that the ban would have made a difference.
:lol:

You people make me laugh.

Last edited:
o-GUN-CONTROL-PSAS-MOMS-DEMAND-ACTION-570.jpg

It was stupid to ban those things but that is where liberal thinking gets us. Thank god the other is protected.

He promoted bills that would have 0 impact on the murders they wrapped this legislation around.

Oh I don't know, if that bill had become law, it probably would have impacted the murder rate...the murder rate of good citizens unable to adequately protect themselves against the criminals that couldn't care less about the chosen one's laws.

Sorry to shit on your parade, but the firearm in those pictures is NOT an assault weapon.
Yeah - they're dummy guns. Who would give a kid an actual AR15?

Aside from that - whoever staged those pictures is clearly ingorant about gun safety - two of the kids have their fingers on the triggers.

People like that are why kids die in gun accidents.

Last edited:
The fact that 99.9% of the conservatives on this site and that make up the uninformed rabid base of the party were manipulated to think "they're coming for our guns" is a major driving force behind why this legislation was DOA.

Background checks are already law. He wanted legislation that expanded his power to prevent sales and to eventually confiscate guns. As with Obamacare the original bill would have been amended to the point it would be unrecognizable to the bill he would have signed into law. It would have given him the tools he needed to nationalize the gun industry. He would have been able to sign executive orders to supplement the bill preventing over 150 different types of guns and accessories. It would been a ban without being called a ban......

Why do libs use emotion and exploitation instead of facts and common sense?

The fact is that felons cannot legally own guns.

The common sense is that given that fact, you would want the most effective laws possible to enforce the fact that felons cannot legally own guns.

The Senate Republicans stood in the way of implementing one more common sense measure to that end.

Forum List

Back