Why Pardon Arpaio?

Simple enough question.

What's makes his circumstance sufficiently unique that it is in the best interests of justice for the president to unilaterally step in and subvert the system and legal process that convicted him?

I searched, but I couldn't find your thread complaining about Obama engaging the same practice.
Could you help me find it?

Simple enough question.

What's makes his circumstance sufficiently unique that it is in the best interests of justice for the president to unilaterally step in and subvert the system and legal process that convicted him?

Given all the crooks, murderers, terrorists, etc. pardoned by the prior guy, I hope Trump pardons this Law Enforcement officer who served with distinction and for the good of his city and country.

Trump is almost totally dependent on a faction of his cult for support. A pardon for the racist sheriff is red meat for the racist faction.
Keeping illegals out is not racism. He was doing his job. He will be pardoned. Illegals will stay out, Trump will MAGA.
He was not doing his job. Part of his job was to follow the court's order. He broke the law, plain and simple. A pardon will overrule a court decision. It is an act of the Executive Branch nullifying an act of the Judicial Branch.

Which is exactly what a pardon is....

There would never have been a charge against Arpaio if obama had not sent an army of lawyers to Arizona to fabricate evidence. Sheriff Joe should never have been charged. As it is, the DOJ had a largely symbolic "victory" by phonying up just enough evidence to support a sentence of 6 months. It was all about destroying Joe's reputation, not actually punishing him, just taking away the results of a lifetime of civic service.

Pardon him, Mr. President, partially right this wrong.

Trump is almost totally dependent on a faction of his cult for support. A pardon for the racist sheriff is red meat for the racist faction.
Keeping illegals out is not racism. He was doing his job. He will be pardoned. Illegals will stay out, Trump will MAGA.
He was not doing his job. Part of his job was to follow the court's order. He broke the law, plain and simple. A pardon will overrule a court decision. It is an act of the Executive Branch nullifying an act of the Judicial Branch.

Ohhhh. Your complaint is with the entire pardon power! All pardons, whether by president or governor nullify the acts of the Judicial Branch. What you want is to remove the pardon completely.

You should have said so.

Simple enough question.

He was denied a jury trial and the judge who ruled on the case was a known Arpaio enemy. Other than the fact that the trial was an obummer railroading worthy of the Soviet Union under Stalin, it was a fine trial.....

Moron.
No one is entitled to a jury trial for misdeameanor contempt. Although I don't really care what happens to him.

He's more of a American Hero then McCain

Horse hockey!

Nope, McCain is a collaborating traitor.

Why did the Republican party nominate him in 2008? Is Bob Dole a 'traitor' also, he is the other Republican I voted for for President.

Like Dole before him it was his turn.

Do you reference McCain as a "traitor" to this nation or his party?

First let me help you, the two party system is nothing more than a construct, it doesn't exist in the Political Class. It has been foisted on the public by those who understand that they have to keep us divided.

Second, he collaborated with the N. Vietnamese .

Breaking News: John McCain’s 1969 “Tokyo Rose” Propaganda Recording Released Showing he WAS a Traitor who Turned Against His Own Country - Oath Keepers

Video?Audio embedded.

Third McCain was instrumental in arming and training the "insurgents" in Syria. Those "insurgents" include Al Qaeda and ISIS members.

Simple enough question.
Arpaio was convicted for too aggressively attempting to enforce the nation's Immigration Laws that the Obama adminostration was busy refusing to enforce and simultaneously violating.

Simple enough question.

He was denied a jury trial and the judge who ruled on the case was a known Arpaio enemy. Other than the fact that the trial was an obummer railroading worthy of the Soviet Union under Stalin, it was a fine trial.....

Moron.
No one is entitled to a jury trial for misdeameanor contempt. Although I don't really care what happens to him.

But only in Federal cases as far as I can tell. Interesting how they exempted themselves from the normal Rule of Law don't you think?

Horse hockey!

Nope, McCain is a collaborating traitor.

Why did the Republican party nominate him in 2008? Is Bob Dole a 'traitor' also, he is the other Republican I voted for for President.

Like Dole before him it was his turn.

Do you reference McCain as a "traitor" to this nation or his party?

First let me help you, the two party system is nothing more than a construct, it doesn't exist in the Political Class. It has been foisted on the public by those who understand that they have to keep us divided.

Second, he collaborated with the N. Vietnamese .

Breaking News: John McCain’s 1969 “Tokyo Rose” Propaganda Recording Released Showing he WAS a Traitor who Turned Against His Own Country - Oath Keepers

Video?Audio embedded.

Third McCain was instrumental in arming and training the "insurgents" in Syria. Those "insurgents" include Al Qaeda and ISIS members.

And mccain was also a proud member of the "Keating 5". He's a self serving scumbag.

Simple enough question.
Arpaio was convicted for too aggressively attempting to enforce the nation's Immigration Laws that the Obama adminostration was busy refusing to enforce and simultaneously violating.

No he was convicted of contempt.

Yes, contempt for a judicial ruling, that was based on an illegal Executive desire. Funny how you forget the most important part of the equation.

Post a link to when that order was ruled illegal and I'll stand corrected.

Simple enough question.

Moron.

But only in Federal cases as far as I can tell. Interesting how they exempted themselves from the normal Rule of Law don't you think?

People are held in misdeameanor contempt in family law cases every day in every state. The Sheriff willfully violated a court order, and he was correctly slapped for it. He isn't going to jail. He's not losing his pension. If Trump wants to pardon him, I couldn't care less. If it means something to the Sheriff's fans, or the trump voters .... whatever. But this guy is not some poor victim who's being subjected to some arbitrary misuse of judicial power. A pig farmer puts pollution in a creek against a court order, he get's fined. A jailer who is under a court order to have only X number people in the jail goes over that number, he get's held in contempt and the county/city gets fined. The Sheriff is NOT a victim.

Simple enough question.

I searched, but I couldn't find your thread complaining about Obama engaging the same practice.
Could you help me find it?

Since that is irrelevant, why are you asking?

Simple enough question.

No he was convicted of contempt.

Yes, contempt for a judicial ruling, that was based on an illegal Executive desire. Funny how you forget the most important part of the equation.

Post a link to when that order was ruled illegal and I'll stand corrected.

An Executive desire is not an Executive order. :)

Forum List

Back