Why sane people oppose background checks

Yup. Most, if nearly all Americans oppose making it legal for convicted criminals and certifiably mentally ill people to buy guns.

Here you embrace it.

Fucking moron.

I don't think anyone is arguing that. Good try though. So what is your position of Personal and Private Information on People who legally own guns, being released to the Press for Publication? Why isn't that a crime? Why are the people responsible for that still employed? That is criminal and there should be no excuse for it.

Did you skip the First Amendment on your way to the Second? Congress and the States shall make no law "...abriding freedom of speech, or of the press...".

What?

My link was from this century. :cuckoo:

No it wasn't. In fact, you actually linked to a study from the exact same year to support your position.

Sure I did.

Just because you didn't pay attention to what you posted does not mean I didn't. The link to the Brady Campaign uses an old ATF study, which I pointed out when I replied to that post.

You didn't respond to me pointing out how you using flawed data to support your position makes you like like a fool. I wonder why.

Just answer the question, can you sell Guns at a gun show without being a dealer?
It is so simple but it's like the three of you have a mental block.
And as for license, no you didn't. You realized your statement was stupid after the fact.

Do you get a thrill out of repeating yourself?

By the way, since I live in California, I can honestly say that you cannot buy a gun at a gun show without getting a background check, yet politicians in this state still want to close the mythical gun show loophole.

Still haven't answered. And no you can't, but you can in 33 other states.

I actually did answer, more than once.

Can you explain why the politicians in California want to close the gun show loophole when your delusion that it refers to gun shows has actually been eliminated?

Just answer the question, can you sell Guns at a gun show without being a dealer?
And as for license, no you didn't. You realized your statement was stupid after the fact.

By the way, since I live in California, I can honestly say that you cannot buy a gun at a gun show without getting a background check, yet politicians in this state still want to close the mythical gun show loophole.

Can you buy one in the parking lot without a background check?

I am sure all the undercover cops and feds hanging around gun shows would never see that happening.

Yes.

See post 199 for follow up question.

It’s incumbent upon those who take issue with private sales with no background check to also provide a solution as to how a background check would be conducted.

Same way as car registrations, notify the state of type of gun sold, it's serial number and who bought it.

Yes.

It’s incumbent upon those who take issue with private sales with no background check to also provide a solution as to how a background check would be conducted.

Same way as car registrations, notify the state of type of gun sold, it's serial number and who bought it.

Gun registration is a non-starter. It's none of ANYONE'S business what guns or how many I own.

Can you explain why the politicians in California want to close the gun show loophole when your delusion that it refers to gun shows has actually been eliminated?

You mean your delusions?

Yes.

Owning a car is not a right, owning a firearm is.

And how can there be a registration process in states where no registration apparatus exists?

What is the difference whether I buy one in a gunshow parking lot or a Walmart parking lot? Either way, no law against the "gun show loophole" will prevent private transactions - not without registration, that is, which is a violation of the 2nd Amendment.

Yes.

What if the parties to the transaction decline to do that?

Yes.

What if the parties to the transaction decline to do that?

They've got FEMA camps for 'those people'...

Yes.

Gun registration is a non-starter. It's none of ANYONE'S business what guns or how many I own.

I'm sure Jared Lee Loughner, James Holmes and Adam Lanza agree with you.

Do you always project this disgusting air of moral superiority?

Lahkota posted a couple pages back a figure of 60% of gun transactions had BC's done, leaving the uninformed American (that would be YOU) with the impression that 40% of SALES have no check done.

This would be WRONG.

Over 80% of that 40%, or 32% overall, are transfers from inheritances or between family members.

Is it your position that I must do a background check on my brother, cousin, aunt or uncle if they want to buy one of my guns? Or on my son or daughter if I leave them some weapons in my will?

Moral superiority? Um no.
I don't care if Joe Bob transfers his gun to his cousin. You still don't have to be a licensed gun dealer to sell guns at a gun show.
I am calling you guys retarded because you keep trying to pretend that isn't true.

Nobody is saying that, Luissa... Where do you get this shit? Private citizens are not required to perform background checks when they sell their private weapons, I've said that from Page 1. Where we get into difficulty is your perception that some vast amount of weapons are sold to criminals at gun shows.

Most criminals have NO DESIRE to go to a gun show, that's the purview of cops and good ole boys.

It's not complicated: she is being dishonest. It really is that simple.

You mean your delusions?

My delusions? In California you cannot buy a gun at a gun show unless you get a background check. This is a fact, not a delusion. That means that, in California, there is no gun show loophole even if we accept your misinterpretation of English. Despite this fact, there are politicians in this state who want to close the gun show loophole.

Two of those three people bought their guns legally after passing a background check, the other stole them after trying to purchase guns and failing to pass a background check.

Those background checks sure stop a lot of shootings.

You mean your delusions?

My delusions? In California you cannot buy a gun at a gun show unless you get a background check. This is a fact, not a delusion. That means that, in California, there is no gun show loophole even if we accept your misinterpretation of English. Despite this fact, there are politicians in this state who want to close the gun show loophole.

Which I agreed with, moron, then states in 33 states that was not the case.
But please explain to me why you are against the federal back ground check? And why you would be against people who sell guns at gun show being made to do one?

If they are selling to multiple people they do not know personally why shouldn't they?

Then explain to me the point you were making wit the drivers licenses? I still missed whatever point you were trying to make. I know it will be good, so please share.

I'm sure you're a dishonest hack.

Loughner and Holmes both bought their guns legally, and registering them would have done NOTHING to prevent their heinous actions. In fact, NOTHING you've proposed would have stopped them.

Lanza murdered his own mother to get his guns and again, NOTHING you propose would have stopped him, either.

Get a clue, would you please?

Forum List

Back