Why SJW Millennials are So F*cked Up in the Head

Living in the SF-Berkely-Oakland triangle, I'm at Ground Zero for a great deal of SJW Millennial nonsense. The escalating violence is out of control. What has happened to Millennials to cause such irrational overreactions to nearly everything?

What happened: Progressive Parenting in which children were both neglected and overindulged. These kids never learned how to cope with reality. I really hope they never gain positions of power.

In 2014, a survey of 100,000 college students at 53 U.S. campuses by the American College Health Association found that 84% of U.S. students feel unable to cope, while more than half experience overwhelming anxiety.

A byproduct of such fear has been the growth of the “safe space,” a safe-haven for minority groups and distressed students from what they perceive as threats within campus life. Safe spaces contain comforting objects that evoke childhood -- bean bags, soothing music, Play-Doh, coloring books. The spaces often forbid entry to straight white men or political opponents.

The idea of “running to the safe space” is a form of psychological regression. The safe space presents a fantasy barrier against imagined exterior evils, and so encourages persecution paranoia and hyper-fragility. These are all symptoms of histrionic, borderline, and paranoid personality disorders that emerge from problems with the early child-parent bond.

(snip)

As they passed from day care to through high school, these children with artificially enforced high self-esteem were also told that they were morally superior to generations that came before. They were inducted into politically correct language and were even taught to lecture their own parents on racism, equality, and ecology. From the ages of six to eighteen, they took part in yearly multiculturalist “save the planet” projects. They were told they had a heroic destiny as “agents of change.”

(snip)

SJW protests are awash with contradictions. SJWs claim to fight for freedom, but are opposed to freedom of speech, support banning videos and books, and support the violent disruption of public talks, as was seen with the riots at UC Berkeley, Middlebury College, and elsewhere.

SJWs believe in a world with “no boundaries” where “everyone is equal” -- free immigration, open access to healthcare and education, etc. -- but at the same time are obsessed with creating segregated spaces.

While they protest against the “fascist patriarchal state” they are, at the same time, fundamentally Statist, demanding that the government police language for them and punish their enemies. While SJWs claim to fight for human rights, they parade the symbol of the largest genocides in history -- the Communist flag. They are pro-feminist, and at the same time defend Sharia law....

Social Justice Illness: ‘Rising Tide of Personality Disorders Among Millennials’

I thought banning lead in paint was supposed to solve this problem.

Living in the SF-Berkely-Oakland triangle, I'm at Ground Zero for a great deal of SJW Millennial nonsense. The escalating violence is out of control. What has happened to Millennials to cause such irrational overreactions to nearly everything?

What happened: Progressive Parenting in which children were both neglected and overindulged. These kids never learned how to cope with reality. I really hope they never gain positions of power.

In 2014, a survey of 100,000 college students at 53 U.S. campuses by the American College Health Association found that 84% of U.S. students feel unable to cope, while more than half experience overwhelming anxiety.

A byproduct of such fear has been the growth of the “safe space,” a safe-haven for minority groups and distressed students from what they perceive as threats within campus life. Safe spaces contain comforting objects that evoke childhood -- bean bags, soothing music, Play-Doh, coloring books. The spaces often forbid entry to straight white men or political opponents.

The idea of “running to the safe space” is a form of psychological regression. The safe space presents a fantasy barrier against imagined exterior evils, and so encourages persecution paranoia and hyper-fragility. These are all symptoms of histrionic, borderline, and paranoid personality disorders that emerge from problems with the early child-parent bond.

(snip)

As they passed from day care to through high school, these children with artificially enforced high self-esteem were also told that they were morally superior to generations that came before. They were inducted into politically correct language and were even taught to lecture their own parents on racism, equality, and ecology. From the ages of six to eighteen, they took part in yearly multiculturalist “save the planet” projects. They were told they had a heroic destiny as “agents of change.”

(snip)

SJW protests are awash with contradictions. SJWs claim to fight for freedom, but are opposed to freedom of speech, support banning videos and books, and support the violent disruption of public talks, as was seen with the riots at UC Berkeley, Middlebury College, and elsewhere.

SJWs believe in a world with “no boundaries” where “everyone is equal” -- free immigration, open access to healthcare and education, etc. -- but at the same time are obsessed with creating segregated spaces.

While they protest against the “fascist patriarchal state” they are, at the same time, fundamentally Statist, demanding that the government police language for them and punish their enemies. While SJWs claim to fight for human rights, they parade the symbol of the largest genocides in history -- the Communist flag. They are pro-feminist, and at the same time defend Sharia law....

Social Justice Illness: ‘Rising Tide of Personality Disorders Among Millennials’
100% spot on! Hang in there Bod, man your foxhole until the grenade pins are up to your knees!

My foxhole is a bomb shelter I now use to store wine! Dang, I keep forgetting to put spare corkscrew in there.
If you must brave fire from red horde to get one...grab some cheese, bread, and olive oil while you are out.

(snip)

(snip)

100% spot on! Hang in there Bod, man your foxhole until the grenade pins are up to your knees!

My foxhole is a bomb shelter I now use to store wine! Dang, I keep forgetting to put spare corkscrew in there.
If you must brave fire from red horde to get one...grab some cheese, bread, and olive oil while you are out.

Already covered...but need to get some iberian ham and dry salami.

Last edited:

(snip)

(snip)

I thought banning lead in paint was supposed to solve this problem.

Sadly, that had no effect.

(snip)

(snip)

(snip)

(snip)

Already covered...but I'm need to get some iberian ham and dry salami.
Bod is a classy conservative.

(snip)

(snip)

(snip)

(snip)

*blush* Thank you. The culture around here is very "foodie" so one gets used to it.

I guess baby boomers were terrible parents

The Baby Boomers are the worst generation to ever walk the planet.
Except those that fought in Vietnam.

An imperialist war of choice
You are a communist.

No, I'm a critical thinker. You're a drone.
No your a drone espousing what your college prof dumped into your empty skull.

*blush* Thank you. The culture around here is very "foodie" so one gets used to it.
Welcome.

Baby boomers weren't the parents of the millennials. Gen Xers were.
No, it's baby boomers, mainly. People have children considerably later than previous generations. A new life stage called emerging adulthood, which essentially delays procreation until after thirty, is a manifestation/cause of that stretch in generation length.

The scary part for me when it comes to Millennials is their inability to communicate in person. We have an entire generation who in the coming years will be in charge and they cannot deal with relationships, lack interpersonal skills and believe they can solve their dilemmas through some form of social media...

Believe me, it is harder than you think to 'dump' anything into their skulls. To be honest, I have no idea how other professors are able to brainwash them. I consider myself a good instructor--I teach chemistry--and these poeople are so resistant to learning that it scares me. They have zero intellectual curiosity; they are zombies. If they are the future leaders, we are all doomed.

The Baby Boomers are the worst generation to ever walk the planet.

You are a communist.

Right. PJ Media. That's a reliable source.

Maybe these kids are anxious because they've seen how badly we old people have fucked it up for them? We've left them 20 Trillion in debt and failed to address climate change, which we probably won't live long enough to see the worst effect of, but they will.

The reality, though, is that every older generation complains about how the younger generation doesn't understand "real" hardship, (Sorry, I grew up a Baby-Boomer, and frankly, couldn't imagine what my World War/Great Depression parents had to deal with growing up.)

Given old White People "elected" (not really) Trump, maybe we are the ones who can't be trusted with the important decisions.

Only the liberal ones.
The Terms Invented by the High and Mighty Will Lay Us Low

Only those born in the upper classes, who'd be nobodies without their Daddies' money. The same goes for the Preppy Boomers' own Millennial brats. "Baby Boomers" only referred to the 1%, whose Daddies owned the media.

I have anxiety as well but I am not a fucking snowflake. I mostly get anxious in situations I can't control like the dentist...absolutely HATE the dentist....

Believe me, it is harder than you think to 'dump' anything into their skulls. To be honest, I have no idea how other professors are able to brainwash them. I consider myself a good instructor--I teach chemistry--and these poeople are so resistant to learning that it scares me. They have zero intellectual curiosity; they are zombies. If they are the future leaders, we are all doomed.

You are a communist.

But not when it comes to history and social justice. You do not teach social sciences.

Right. PJ Media. That's a reliable source.

Maybe these kids are anxious because they've seen how badly we old people have fucked it up for them? We've left them 20 Trillion in debt and failed to address climate change, which we probably won't live long enough to see the worst effect of, but they will.

The reality, though, is that every older generation complains about how the younger generation doesn't understand "real" hardship, (Sorry, I grew up a Baby-Boomer, and frankly, couldn't imagine what my World War/Great Depression parents had to deal with growing up.)

Given old White People "elected" (not really) Trump, maybe we are the ones who can't be trusted with the important decisions.
Sure...the parents of the Greatest Generation complained at how good their kids had it. 20 trillion in debt for social spending and welfare for lazy, weak, cocksuckers who cannot lift themselves up.

Forum List

Back