Why the 2nd Amendment needs to be reconsidered...

Do you have anything to add to the conversation besides non-sequitors?

The gun industry is selling you a lie- that a gun makes you safer when it really doesn't.

Which is why we have 11,000 gun murders a year and 16,000 gun suicides...

I've known too many people who've had to bury kids who killed themselves with that gun they bought to protect their family.

Those numbers are a little off and I just checked them recently. There were 8,583 total homicides by firearms in 2011. I don't have a link for the suicides by firearms in my favorites, but from I recall it was over 20,000 and rather shocking. I was late starting a folder on gun control, so from now on I'm saving the good links to information.

FBI ? Expanded Homicide Data Table 8

whatever the numbers, I agree that changes need to be made...

but I disagree with most of what's being proposed...

You remind me of the poster who said Obama's Executive Order all targeted the law abiding, so I posted them and challenged him to show me one that targeted the law abiding and he couldn't name one. Is your most like his all?

I don't like the ban on those weapons, but I think those type of weapons need to be registered with periodic review of the registration to insure they don't get into the wrong hands. We could have local police do that.

Strict licensing to all gun owners that must be renewed.

Thorough background checks.

Mandetory use of trigger locks.

Raising awareness that guns do not belong in the same house with children.

But frankly, I'd just as soon ban all private gun ownership and call it a day. I'm tired of having to work around the fetishes of people compensating for small penises.

no argument from me on thorough background checks...

but are you unaware, or do you simply refuse to acknowledge for whatever reason, the fact that guns are effectively used defensively by lawful citizens more than two million times a year... with no shots being fired in most such instances...

and, btw... you are, of course, aware of the fact that if guns are taken from lawful citizens, there will still be guns in circulation among the criminal element... right...?

eta... it never ceases to amaze me when anti-gunners mention penises...

personally, I don't own a gun... but then again, I have a fairly large penis, which I suppose might play into your fantasy... :)

eta... :)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPf3kO-p7hc]John Candy speaks swedish - YouTube[/ame]

I'm interested in how you managed to get that statistic and what the source was. Are you sure it isn't just something someone made up?

If someone is pro-gun, why wouldn't they supply a source for any information supporting their position?

the statistic is documented...

I'll go look for it and have it for you when I find it...

btw... I'm still wondering why you mentioned penises... :)

but are you unaware, or do you simply refuse to acknowledge for whatever reason, the fact that guns are effectively used defensively by lawful citizens more than two million times a year... with no shots being fired in most such instances...

and, btw... you are, of course, aware of the fact that if guns are taken from lawful citizens, there will still be guns in circulation among the criminal element... right...?

eta... it never ceases to amaze me when anti-gunners mention penises...

personally, I don't own a gun... but then again, I have a fairly large penis, which I suppose might play into your fantasy... :)

eta... :)

John Candy speaks swedish - YouTube

I'm interested in how you managed to get that statistic and what the source was. Are you sure it isn't just something someone made up?

If someone is pro-gun, why wouldn't they supply a source for any information supporting their position?

the statistic is documented...

I'll go look for it and have it for you when I find it...

btw... I'm still wondering why you mentioned penises... :)

You lost me on the penises.

You remind me of the poster who said Obama's Executive Order all targeted the law abiding, so I posted them and challenged him to show me one that targeted the law abiding and he couldn't name one. Is your most like his all?

Show us one that targeted criminals.

If they don't target criminals who do they target ?

Those numbers are a little off and I just checked them recently. There were 8,583 total homicides by firearms in 2011. I don't have a link for the suicides by firearms in my favorites, but from I recall it was over 20,000 and rather shocking. I was late starting a folder on gun control, so from now on I'm saving the good links to information.

FBI ? Expanded Homicide Data Table 8

whatever the numbers, I agree that changes need to be made...

but I disagree with most of what's being proposed...

I don't like the ban on those weapons, but I think those type of weapons need to be registered with periodic review of the registration to insure they don't get into the wrong hands. We could have local police do that.

I'm all for keeping guns out of the hands of persons who might do us harm (criminals, crazy people, terrorists... my wife, jk... :)

anyhow... I have a real problem with registration of weapons with the government... who can say what the landscape will be, say, 50 years down the road...?

the shit could really have hit the fan by then... societal bounds could well have completely dissolved... with chaos threatening to prevail... and the government, which likely would have had a hand in bringing this situation about, could call for the confiscation of all registered weapons, of which they would have a handy list...

Last edited:

Recently I started a folder on gun control in by favorites. I would suggest someone interested in this topic do the same.

3. Improve incentives for states to share information with the background check system.
Legislative, therefore illegal. The president can not make law by executive order.
“Incentives” mean “money,” either the giving or withholding of it. Both require action in the budget, which is a bill that must originate in the House.

4. Direct the Attorney General to review categories of individuals prohibited from having a gun to make sure dangerous people are not slipping through the cracks.
Administrative.
I’m just dying to see the AG include in his list veterans, militia members, church goers, gun owners, Republicans, TEA partiers, conservative bloggers, right-to-life and gun-rights protesters. All these people were identified by the DHS as potential domestic terrorists…

Source: Obama?s 23 Executive Orders on Gun Control « Just The Facts, Ma'am

Rhetoric is not going to influence these efforts to make America safer.

Last edited:

Recently I started a folder on gun contol in by favorites. I would suggest someone interested in this topic do the same.

3. Improve incentives for states to share information with the background check system.
Legislative, therefore illegal. The president can not make law by executive order.
“Incentives” mean “money,” either the giving or withholding of it. Both require action in the budget, which is a bill that must originate in the House.

4. Direct the Attorney General to review categories of individuals prohibited from having a gun to make sure dangerous people are not slipping through the cracks.
Administrative.
I’m just dying to see the AG include in his list veterans, militia members, church goers, gun owners, Republicans, TEA partiers, conservative bloggers, right-to-life and gun-rights protesters. All these people were identified by the DHS as potential domestic terrorists…

3. Affects the States, who are law abiding to NICS by dangling funds to keep them safe.
Effect on criminals ? Answer " None.

4. Indeed finds new ways to target those presently abiding the law.
Effect on criminals ? Answer" None.

Great examples to prove my point.

Thanks.

Recently I started a folder on gun contol in by favorites. I would suggest someone interested in this topic do the same.

Administrative.

3. Affects the States, who are law abiding to NICS by dangling funds to keep them safe.

Thanks.

It affects criminals and is nonsense to claim otherwise. The first two were about people who were mentally ill.

People who oppose these comprehensive reforms are really showing the world where they are coming from. The opposition to these reforms places the people who do it on the fringe of our society. Since these people have put themselves there, they no longer have a voice in our society. No one is going to listen to them and no one cares what they want.

People who oppose these comprehensive reforms are really showing the world where they are coming from. The opposition to these reforms places the people who do it on the fringe of our society. Since these people have put themselves there, they no longer have a voice in our society. No one is going to listen to them and no one cares what they want.

They no longer have a voice ?

What law abiding American should worry about that ?

So if someone put a gun to his head because his girlfriend broke up with him, you woulnd't try to talk him out of it?

So much for being "Pro-Life".

If anyone I know is so pathetic as to put a gun to his head over a break up I'd tell him to pull the trigger.

And again, everything that is diseased and wrong with modern conservatism.

It lacks any human compassion, which is why most decent people reject it.

This is what a dying movement looks like, people. Everyone have a good look.

I had a friend once who did the "I'm gonna kill myself" routine.

So I asked him if he wanted a gun a rope or a razor blade.

Guess what, he called me an asshole then we went out for a beer.

So get over your self righteous control freak self will you?

And tell me what conservative is OK with a death with dignity law? I happen to believe that anyone should be able to decide their own fate at any time that excludes me from those you call conservatives doesn't it?

Last edited:

Society doesn't pay attention to people who act crazy. They listen to people showing sound judgment.

A group that makes their own bed has to lay in it.

Society doesn't pay attention to people who act crazy. They listen to people showing sound judgment.

Subjective crap.

You think anyone who wants to own a weapon is crazy. I think that makes you crazy.

You think violence can be prevented. I think that makes you delusional.

Subjective crap.

You think anyone who wants to own a weapon is crazy. I think that makes you crazy.

I've told you my position, but you think making up a lie has meaning. It just shows how out of touch from reality you people are. There is no one on this site who can quote me asking for any weapon to be banned, so what you said is just a pure lie. We've discussed it, but you keep accusing others of wanting to take away your guns, or inventing what other people think.

Keep acting like crazy people, so anyone who reads what you post can see how messed up you people are!

Subjective crap.

I've told you my position, but you think making up a lie has meaning. It just shows how out of touch from reality you people are. There is no one on this site who can quote me asking for any weapon to be banned, so what you said is just a pure lie. We've discussed it, but you keep accusing others of wanting to take away your guns, or inventing what other people think.

Keep acting like crazy people, so anyone who reads what you post can see how messed up you people are!

Not even those scary "assault weapons"?

And we've been over and over the fact that magazine size means nothing but you want to ban some of those right?

And if I'm wrong I'll own it but really you control freaks all sound the same to me so I might have you confused with one of them.

So if someone put a gun to his head because his girlfriend broke up with him, you woulnd't try to talk him out of it?

So much for being "Pro-Life".
Impressive strawman.

Actually, it's just as much as failure as all your other arguments.

But let's change the scenario just a bit:

A man's girlfriend broke up with him. He went to her house with a gun.

You'd rather he murdered her than she defended herself with a gun.

This is undeniable. Don't bother denying it.

You're a piece of shit. This, too, is undeniable. Don't bother denying it.

The only reason why this scenario exists is because this guy was legally able to acquire a gun.

Because- once again- that gun is 43 times more likely to be used in a suicide or domestic murder than a self defense application.

The peice of shit is the guy who looks at 30,000 murders and suicides and figures, "Shit, no one's gonna take my gun!"
So, there it is:

You don't want women to be able to defend themselves from attackers.

You're a sick son of a bitch.

[

:)

I've heard that number, it's a total bullshit number that doesn't pass the laugh test.

For instance, 56,000 Americans died in Vietnam. Not a huge number, but most people of my generation knew of a least one person who died in Vietnam. (in my case, it was the uncle of one of my classmates. They kept a weird shrine to him in their living room.)

Now, if you had 2 million people who defended themselves by using a gun, every year, that would be on out of 150 people in the country. We'd all know someone who did that. Probably lots of people. That would be 20 million people over a decade.

I don't.

I do know of two people who killed themselves with guns their families bought for protection.

Now, the NRA, which is really an arm of the manufacturers, not the owners, pushes that bullshit number because they are about sellng fear and selling guns.
You really need to stop pretending that your limited experience is the sum total of reality.

Meanwhile, it's clear that you don't want people to be able to defend themselves from criminals. Because, you know, criminals aren't going to obey your stupid laws, dumbass.

Thanks.

It affects criminals and is nonsense to claim otherwise. The first two were about people who were mentally ill.

You don't get to dictate who has a voice and who doesn't, Zippy -- especially when your criterion is "they don't agree with the leftist agenda".

Oh, you mean sound judgement like, "We know criminals don't obey laws. Therefore, we need more laws so criminals will obey them"?

It's more like criminals don't obey laws so lets disarm the law abiding citizen and that fixes the problem.

And they call us 2nd Amendment supporters crazy.

Forum List

Back