Why the 2nd Amendment needs to be reconsidered...

[

Joe would do well to add this to his reading list.

Regulating the Militia - National Review Online

Naw, I don't read the Zionist Times... I'm not sure why you do.

So we can add Jew-hater to your long list of character defects.

No problem with Jewish folks. Most of the Jewish folks are about as embarrassed by the Zionist Entity as decent white folks used to be embarrassed by South Africa or what used to go on in the deep south.

Religious Apartheid is just as bad as Racial Apartheid.

[

Actually, since that gun is 43 times more likely to kill one of her kids than it will ever kill a bad guy, I think I'd want to look out for her kid.
Liar.

You want that woman disarmed. Undeniably.

Yes, I want her and everyone else who isn't a cop or a military person disarmed.
Then all you're doing is insisting she can't defend herself and her family from attackers.

You really do want her and her kids to be raped and murdered.

You're a piece of shit.
And before you go into your typical whine that "the criminals won't obey the law", the fact is, in other INdustrialized countries where guns are outlawed, they have very little gun violence or crime.
Hint: America isn't any other country.

If merely living in this nation terrifies you so much, perhaps you should leave. The rest of us are under no obligation to give up our rights because you're a pussy.

Naw, I don't read the Zionist Times... I'm not sure why you do.

No problem with Jewish folks. Most of the Jewish folks are about as embarrassed by the Zionist Entity as decent white folks used to be embarrassed by South Africa or what used to go on in the deep south.

Yet, oddly, you criticize ONLY the Jewish nation for religious apartheid -- not any of the Muslim nations.

Yep -- you hate Jews, all right.

Scumbag.

Liar.

You want that woman disarmed. Undeniably.

Yes, I want her and everyone else who isn't a cop or a military person disarmed.
Then all you're doing is insisting she can't defend herself and her family from attackers.

You're a piece of shit.

Again, that gun is 43 times more likely to kill her, her kids or one of her kids little playmates than it will ever kill that imaginary rapist.

I'm sure Nancy Lanza thought that small arsenal SHE had was protecting her from rapists. At least until her kid put a bullet in her head on his way to school.

And before you go into your typical whine that "the criminals won't obey the law", the fact is, in other INdustrialized countries where guns are outlawed, they have very little gun violence or crime.

If merely living in this nation terrifies you so much, perhaps you should leave. The rest of us are under no obligation to give up our rights because you're a pussy.

The rest of us (we're in the majority, our side won) are not obligated to live in terror because you're compensating for your "Shortcomings".

If another country has solved a problem, we look at what they did.

We don't say, "Man, we need to do more of what has proven not to work!"

If guns made us safer, we'd have the lowest crime rate in the Industrialized world, not the highest.

Yet, oddly, you criticize ONLY the Jewish nation for religious apartheid -- not any of the Muslim nations.

Scumbag.

Do you have a specific nation in mind? Or are you just doing your typical morning "I hate Muslism" rant?

Most Islamic nations have religious minorities in them that are largely left alone.

Unlike Israel, which invaded an Islamic nation, stole their land, and reduced them to second class citizenship in their own country... which is why Israel is despised by most of the world community.

You're a piece of shit.

Again, that gun is 43 times more likely to kill her, her kids or one of her kids little playmates than it will ever kill that imaginary rapist.

I'm sure Nancy Lanza thought that small arsenal SHE had was protecting her from rapists. At least until her kid put a bullet in her head on his way to school.
Still bitterly clinging to that "43 times" lie, I see. You'll never give that one up, will you?

It's bullshit. You can say it's yummy, but it's still bullshit, and you eagerly eat it.

The rest of us (we're in the majority, our side won) are not obligated to live in terror because you're compensating for your "Shortcomings".
I really don't think my Marlin .22 is compensating for much. :lol:

Meanwhile, just the thought of an armed populace has you wetting your pants in terror.

Tough shit, Skippy. Buy Depends.

That's exactly what you're saying. The first AWB didn't work. Prohibiting alcohol didn't work. Prohibiting meth and cocaine hasn't worked. The Communism you love didn't work.

But you think it will this time.

You're delusional.
If guns made us safer, we'd have the lowest crime rate in the Industrialized world, not the highest.
Your solution? Let criminals out of prison -- so they can commit more crimes. And tax the rich.

Because you don't believe anything they do is their fault.

You're a moron.

Scumbag.

Do you have a specific nation in mind? Or are you just doing your typical morning "I hate Muslism" rant?

Most Islamic nations have religious minorities in them that are largely left alone.
It's illegal to be Jewish in Saudi Arabia.
Unlike Israel, which invaded an Islamic nation, stole their land, and reduced them to second class citizenship in their own country... which is why Israel is despised by most of the world community.
Israel invaded no Islamic nation, you loon.

Israel is despised by most of the world community because it's full of Jews.

W

You're a piece of shit.

Still bitterly clinging to that "43 times" lie, I see. You'll never give that one up, will you?

It's bullshit. You can say it's yummy, but it's still bullshit, and you eagerly eat it.

It's proven science, guy. Validated by the CDC.

See, you guys can't stop talking about your guns..

Meanwhile, just the thought of an armed populace has you wetting your pants in terror.

Or we can just take your guns... which is what sensible countries do.

That's exactly what you're saying. The first AWB didn't work. Prohibiting alcohol didn't work. Prohibiting meth and cocaine hasn't worked. The Communism you love didn't work.

You're delusional.

Except- again- gun control works in other countries because it's been tried.

The reason why prohibition and drug laws don't work is because they are no ones business but the person using them.

But you gun nuts go on and on about all the people you fantasize about shooting.

Your solution? Let criminals out of prison -- so they can commit more crimes. And tax the rich.

You're a moron.

I think when you have an economic system based on racism and inequality, you reep what you sew...

Point is, about half the people in prison are there for drug crimes and petty offenses,but they are there because someone is making a profit off of prisons. The hilarious thing is that as much as you whine about taxes, you've found the least effective, most expensive solution.

And now all these states are letting the crooks out because they can't afford to lock them up anymore after you cut all their revenues.

[

W

Hey, can you show me a map prior to 1940 that calls that region Israel?

Nope. All the maps called it "Palestine".

Because all the Jewish folks from Europe resettled there and took the land by force...

And eventually, they Muslims will take it back. Only a mattr of time, really.

Not that I think it was about anything but Militias, but let's pretend we are in National Rampage Association crazy land...

This is a Revolutionary War Era Musket. It could fire 2-3 rounds a minute in the hands of a trained infantryman. Accurate to only about 100 yards.

20020045-449_lrg.jpg

This is a AR-15 Bushmaster.

bushmaster_ar15_carbine.jpg

It can fire 45 Rounds per minute, and has a maximum effective range of 450 meters.

Now, before one of you mutants gets on here and tells me, "Well, the First Amendment never considered Television", you are right.

And we don't treat Television like the printed press. There are restrictions on what you can broadcast, when you can broadcast, and who can broadcast. More to the point, the Television industry largely self-regulates. they don't put commercials for Trojan condoms on The Hub kiddie network.

But the citizenry DID have the same level of personal firearm as the military in many many cases.. which was more advanced than it was 100 or 200 years before that... they did know things advance, they were not stupid

That's mainly because they were the military.

The Founding Fathers didn't even give those able to vote a direct vote. Some seem to think the Founding Fathers went out of their way to specifically write an amendment that allowed everyone to own a firearm. :confused: :lol:

It's proven science, guy. Validated by the CDC.

See, you guys can't stop talking about your guns..

Or we can just take your guns... which is what sensible countries do.

Except- again- gun control works in other countries because it's been tried.

The reason why prohibition and drug laws don't work is because they are no ones business but the person using them.

But you gun nuts go on and on about all the people you fantasize about shooting.

You're a moron.

I think when you have an economic system based on racism and inequality, you reep what you sew...

Point is, about half the people in prison are there for drug crimes and petty offenses,but they are there because someone is making a profit off of prisons. The hilarious thing is that as much as you whine about taxes, you've found the least effective, most expensive solution.

And now all these states are letting the crooks out because they can't afford to lock them up anymore after you cut all their revenues.
You need a CAT scan.

[

W

Hey, can you show me a map prior to 1940 that calls that region Israel?

Nope. All the maps called it "Palestine".

Because all the Jewish folks from Europe resettled there and took the land by force...

And eventually, they Muslims will take it back. Only a mattr of time, really.
Terrorists thank you for your mindless support.

The founders wanted the people to be as powerful as the millitary. This was to keep it in check.

The founders also wanted to keep slavery forever and thought bleeding people was a good medical treatment.
If you want the 2nd Amendment to cover only the weapons extant at the time, you also support slavery and women not being able to vote.

Of course, you don't want people to be able to own muskets, even.

You're a fool.

Not that I think it was about anything but Militias, but let's pretend we are in National Rampage Association crazy land...

This is a Revolutionary War Era Musket. It could fire 2-3 rounds a minute in the hands of a trained infantryman. Accurate to only about 100 yards.

20020045-449_lrg.jpg

One of the main reasons the colonists were able to win the Revolutionary War was because many of them carried Kentucky long rifles... which, at the time, represented the latest technology in small-arms weaponry... these rifles were a vast improvement over the standard-issue muskets in terms of accuracy... a skilled marksman with a Kentucky long rifle could pick off a British officer at 200 yards with ease... sometimes even as far as 300-400 yards... all of which caused great consternation among the Brits as they attempted to reign in the colonists by force of arms...

the Framers recognized that an armed citizenry, having access to the latest small-arms technology, was vital to making sure that the guarantees granted by the Constitution and the Bill of Rights would be able to survive any future threat of tyranny, whether foreign or home-grown...

This is a AR-15 Bushmaster.

bushmaster_ar15_carbine.jpg

It can fire 45 Rounds per minute, and has a maximum effective range of 450 meters.

If the Framers of the Constitution were able to somehow materialize before us, they would be of the opinion that each and every sane and law-abiding American man and woman should have one of these...

Joe would do well to add this to his reading list.

Regulating the Militia - National Review Online
There is no legitimate exception to the Second Amendment for military-style weapons, because military-style weapons are precisely what the Second Amendment guarantees our right to keep and bear. The purpose of the Second Amendment is to secure our ability to oppose enemies foreign and domestic, a guarantee against disorder and tyranny. Consider the words of Supreme Court justice Joseph Story — who was, it bears noting, appointed to the Court by the guy who wrote the Constitution:

The importance of this article will scarcely be doubted by any persons, who have duly reflected upon the subject. The militia is the natural defence of a free country against sudden foreign invasions, domestic insurrections, and domestic usurpations of power by rulers. It is against sound policy for a free people to keep up large military establishments and standing armies in time of peace, both from the enormous expenses, with which they are attended, and the facile means, which they afford to ambitious and unprincipled rulers, to subvert the government, or trample upon the rights of the people. The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic; since it offers a strong moral check against the usurpation and arbitrary power of rulers; and will generally, even if these are successful in the first instance, enable the people to resist and triumph over them.​

Even the guy this guy quotes strengthens the argument that being in a Milita is a requirement. I included his paragraph because he introduces the paragraph, not because his logic makes any sense.

Take Little Rock Central High School in 1957 for example. Governor Orval Faubus deployed the Arkansas National Guard to perform an action. In a way this is how the founding fathers wanted things to be. The problem was that the 'National Guard' followed the Governor's orders not the federal government's like they were suppose to.

When it is stated "A well regulated Militia" regulated by whom? The federal government of course. It was the 'federal government' who wrote it after all.

The founders wanted the people to be as powerful as the millitary. This was to keep it in check.

The founders also wanted to keep slavery forever and thought bleeding people was a good medical treatment.
If you want the 2nd Amendment to cover only the weapons extant at the time, you also support slavery and women not being able to vote.

Of course, you don't want people to be able to own muskets, even.

You're a fool.

Do you think the founding fathers thought slaves and women should have the right to keep and bear arms? Why or why not?

You're a piece of shit.

You're delusional.

You're a moron.

Joe can help it. He gets a number, and sticks to it, even though you give him a hundred more. This is why he ignores them.

For the most part we do. We just have more big cities, like Chicago where Joe lives. Some of the stiffest gun laws in the country, yet one of the most dangerous. See, Joe cant argue the numbers. Want to close him down ? Numbers will do it.

One more fact that Jose neglects to mention, other then mass shootings are not unique to this country, and further proof that he is an ignorant fuck is the fact that the shooter in Norway managed to kill around 80 folks with a bolt action rifle. the one he says the constitution allows us. You know, a hunting gun. 5 rounds and shit.

How often does Norway have mass shootings?

Or any of those other countries?

We have mass shootings every few weeks.

Besides the fact that 8 of those people were killed by a bomb, there was this little tidbit.

Upon returning to Norway, Breivik obtained a legal permit for a .223-caliber Ruger Mini-14 semi-automatic carbine, ostensibly for the purpose of hunting deer. He bought it in late 2010 for €1,400 ($2000). He wanted to purchase a 7.62x39mm Ruger Mini-30 semi-automatic carbine, but gun laws in Norway may have prevented Breivik from obtaining it.

He aquired or attempted to acquire guns and ammo from Germay,the Czech Republic, Poland and the US as well as Norway.

He also got access to the island where he killed most of his victims by dressing like a police officer, and then shooting the armed security guard when his guad was down.

[/QUOTE]We have mass shootings every few weeks. [/QUOTE]

Pleas show me the Columbine/Sandy hook shootings happening weekly. You cannot.

Upon returning to Norway, Breivik obtained a legal permit for a .223-caliber Ruger Mini-14 semi-automatic carbine, ostensibly for the purpose of hunting deer. He bought it in late 2010 for €1,400 ($2000). He wanted to purchase a 7.62x39mm Ruger Mini-30 semi-automatic carbine, but gun laws in Norway may have prevented Breivik from obtaining it.

Does not change the fact he killed 80 people with a bolt action rifle, NOT the mini-30.

Besides the fact that 8 of those people were killed by a bomb, there was this little tidbit.
Ok, I was wrong, he killed 72 innocents with a bolt action rifle. Still, Thats allot for a bolt action rifle. There is still the whole rest of the world to. Again, there is no "Gun Problem" what we have is a "People" problem". It would be better for our politicians to stop trying to rack up political brownie points on the backs of murdered innocent children, and try and find out why they are so broken.

Forum List

Back