Why the 2nd Amendment needs to be reconsidered...

Guy, you miss the point.

We are going to do it smart.

While the nice ATF man is arresting you at your job at the 7/11, another nice ATF man will be at your house, taking your guns and bringing them to them foundry to melt down...

We'll maybe send you a nice DVD of this being done.
You're quite the little Brown Shirt.

NOt at all. You'll be given a chance to comply with the new law.
"Why the 2nd Amendment needs to be reconsidered..."

Because JoeB131 is a freedom-hating pussy.

Move to Cuba, Comrade. You won't have to deal with the freedom you find so terrifying.

Not that I think it was about anything but Militias, but let's pretend we are in National Rampage Association crazy land...

This is a Revolutionary War Era Musket. It could fire 2-3 rounds a minute in the hands of a trained infantryman. Accurate to only about 100 yards.

20020045-449_lrg.jpg

This is a AR-15 Bushmaster.

bushmaster_ar15_carbine.jpg

It can fire 45 Rounds per minute, and has a maximum effective range of 450 meters.

Now, before one of you mutants gets on here and tells me, "Well, the First Amendment never considered Television", you are right.

And we don't treat Television like the printed press. There are restrictions on what you can broadcast, when you can broadcast, and who can broadcast. More to the point, the Television industry largely self-regulates. they don't put commercials for Trojan condoms on The Hub kiddie network.
I won't use: "Well, the First Amendment never considered Television", I will however present a different argument for further restricting or completely eliminating free speech in conjunction with your proposed "reasonable restrictions" concept.
Speech, free or otherwise has caused more deaths in the world than any one weapon since it is speech that leads, or has lead, to almost all conflicts throughout the known history of mankind.
Therefore in order to prevent conflict we must heavily regulate speech. I propose , in order to use speech, one must apply with the government, pass a background check, pay an application fee, have taken a government appoved pre-prescibed course and where a muzzle when not actively speaking.
Sounds only reasonable.
Joe is okay with that...as long as progressive speech is the only speech allowed.

Again, that gun is 43 times more likely to kill her, her kids or one of her kids little playmates than it will ever kill that imaginary rapist.

I'm sure Nancy Lanza thought that small arsenal SHE had was protecting her from rapists. At least until her kid put a bullet in her head on his way to school.

The rest of us (we're in the majority, our side won) are not obligated to live in terror because you're compensating for your "Shortcomings".

If another country has solved a problem, we look at what they did.

We don't say, "Man, we need to do more of what has proven not to work!"

If guns made us safer, we'd have the lowest crime rate in the Industrialized world, not the highest.

Funny that a terrorized bed-wetter would argue against self defense. The tiny shriviled brains of liberals should be extracted for study.

The only shrivelled brain I see are the mutants who live in the most violent country in the industrialized world and think, "Yeah, we totally need more guns!"
The shriveled brains are the libtarded commie pukes who put obamaturd and biden in office.

The shriveled brains are the libtarded commie pukes who put obamaturd and biden in office.

No, the shriveled brains are the ones whose single sentence arguments revolve around terms like "libtard," "commie," "pukes," and "obamaturd." It's no wonder the so many left oriented people on here aren't willing to understand the value of what we on the gun rights side of the debate are advocating. That kind of talk won't convince anyone.

Not that I think it was about anything but Militias, but let's pretend we are in National Rampage Association crazy land...

This is a Revolutionary War Era Musket. It could fire 2-3 rounds a minute in the hands of a trained infantryman. Accurate to only about 100 yards.

20020045-449_lrg.jpg

It can fire 45 Rounds per minute, and has a maximum effective range of 450 meters.

Now, before one of you mutants gets on here and tells me, "Well, the First Amendment never considered Television", you are right.

And we don't treat Television like the printed press. There are restrictions on what you can broadcast, when you can broadcast, and who can broadcast. More to the point, the Television industry largely self-regulates. they don't put commercials for Trojan condoms on The Hub kiddie network.
I'll go back to using only weapons of the late 18th Century if you go back to using only Communication Methods from the same era.

Deal?

20020045-449_lrg.jpg

I'll go back to using only weapons of the late 18th Century if you go back to using only Communication Methods from the same era.

Deal?

You missed the point, probably because youare some kind of high-functioning retard who just listens to the National Rampage Association.

When new technologies were invented, they developed laws to contend with them.

For instance, initially, AT&T was given a monopoly over all phones. Then some idiot decided to break it up, and after a whole lot of stupidity, we are back down to three phone companies, which guess what, the government has to regulate pretty heavily.

Technology changed, the law had to adapt.

You missed the point, probably because youare some kind of high-functioning retard who just listens to the National Rampage Association.

For instance, initially, AT&T was given a monopoly over all phones. Then some idiot decided to break it up, and after a whole lot of stupidity, we are back down to three phone companies, which guess what, the government has to regulate pretty heavily.

If you're angling for that "living constitution" crap, please don't.

Why not?

The founders never could have imagined a gun that can fire 600 rounds a minute.

Funny that a terrorized bed-wetter would argue against self defense. The tiny shriviled brains of liberals should be extracted for study.

The only shrivelled brain I see are the mutants who live in the most violent country in the industrialized world and think, "Yeah, we totally need more guns!"

You mean the greedy assholes who destroyed the middle class and made the "Reagan Democrats" go back to voting for Democrats?

They're the one who put Obama in office.

I'd have never voted for him 10 years ago, but I voted for him this time.

Why not?

Since the Gatling gun was used in the Civil War I am quite sure people were familiar with rapid fire weapons early in our history.

There were actually machine guns around before the Gatling that were used as early as the 1700s.

So I think it's safe to say that people could indeed have imagined a weapon that could shoot hundreds if rounds a minute even in the 1700s.

20020045-449_lrg.jpg

Deal?

Three phone companies?

T-Mobile
Verizon
Sprint
AT&T
Cricket
Comcast
TracFone
MetroPCS
U.S. Cellular
Time Warner
Cox Communications
Charter Communications
Cable Vision

And the following cable providers:

Advanced Cable Communications
Alameda Power and Telecom
Allegiance Communications
Armstrong Group of Companies
Astound Broadband
Bend Broadband
Bermuda CableVision
Blue Ridge Communications
Bresnan Communications
Bright House Networks
Buckeye Cable System/Buckeye Cablevision/Erie County Cablevision (all owned by Block Communications)
CableOne
Cablevision
Cebridge Connections
Charter Communications
Choice Cable TV
Coast Communications Cable Co., Inc. Coastcommunications.com
Comcast Corporation
CommuniComm Services
Cox Communications
Crestview Cable
Cable Systems Incorporated
Dish Network
Fairpoint Communications
Full Channel
General Communications
Graceba Total Communications
Haefele TV Inc.
Hometown Cable
Insight Communications
Jet Broadband
Kuhn Communications
Lexcom Communications
Liberty Cablevision
Massillon Cable TV
Mediacom
MetroCast Cablevision
Midcontinent Communications
Midtel Cable TV
Millennium Digital Media
Muscatine Power and Water
Nelson Cable
New Wave Communications
Northland Cable Television
Patriot Media
Qwest Communications
RCN Corporation
Seaport Capital (includes Conversent Communications, Everest Cable, MCV Broadband, Metrocast Communications, Mid-Missouri Telephone and Otelco Holdings)
Service Electric
Spring City Cable
Suddenlink Communications
SureWest
Susquehanna Cable
Tele-Media Corporation
Time Warner Cable
Trinity Cable
Truvista Communications
US Cable
Viacom
Verizon FiOS
Wamego Television Communications
WB Cable
WOW! Internet Cable Phone

Why not?

Since the Gatling gun was used in the Civil War I am quite sure people were familiar with rapid fire weapons early in our history.

There were actually machine guns around before the Gatling that were used as early as the 1700s.

So I think it's safe to say that people could indeed have imagined a weapon that could shoot hundreds if rounds a minute even in the 1700s.
Ethnographic Arms & Armour - A Multiple Barreled Polish Organ Gun, ca. 1700
attachment.php

Why not?

Ummm, no, not really.

But I know you need to tell yourself that.

I should also point out that private citizens did not own Gatling guns... they were produced strictly for the Army.

Why not?

You're right, but that doesn't mean they would have restricted the citizens from having the same weapons as the military.

Well, maybe Mormons...

Why not?

You're right, but that doesn't mean they would have restricted the citizens from having the same weapons as the military.

Well, maybe Mormons...

Guy, are you going to keep whining about the Mormons.

I told you it was a stupid idea to nominate one and I turned out to be right. Romney took an election the GOP should have won and lost it. That takes a special kind of stupid.

Also, to the point. The Second Amendment talks about a "Well Regulted Militia"...

It does not say, "Just a bunch of rednecks showing up with whatever..."

Forum List

Back