Why the Atlantic Basin has been unusually quiet as peak hurricane season nears

Votto

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 2012
1725539742940.png

The time of year that typically sees the most tropical systems forming in the Atlantic Basin is almost here.

The past three weeks in the Atlantic Basin have been notably quiet with no named storm formations since Ernesto on Aug. 12.

The last time the Atlantic had no named storm formations between Aug. 13 and Sept. 3 was in 1968, Philip Klotzbach, senior research scientist at Colorado State University, told ABC News. There has not been a named storm anywhere in the Atlantic Basin for more than two weeks.

The peak of the Atlantic hurricane season is September 10, according to the National Hurricane Center. Historically speaking, about two-thirds of all storm activity occurs between Aug. 20 and Oct. 10.

Earlier this year, the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration predicted a very active Atlantic hurricane season for 2024.

There are many theories as to how scientists could have been so wrong about the weather. One of the explanations for the lack of storm systems forming in the Atlantic Basin in recent weeks is that the entire scientific community suffers from one of two conditions. Either they suffer from mental retardation or that they are all just bat shit crazy. "It could explain a lot", said Roger Johnson who is a member of NIH Scientific Interest Groups called (SIGs). "It would also explain why scientists are now not able to determine what a woman is either and why I still believe that if you don't take the Covid vaccine you will kill us all by spreading it to us. Really, it is the only explanation if you ask me. Right now I've been racking my brain over how to capture the carbon emissions of cows to prevent the world from ending in a fiery blaze of hell fire apocalypse, although it has occurred to me at times that I might be either insane or, let's just say, "special". I hate to use the "R" word, it is sooo hurtful and mean. I just remember trying to attach a device on the rear of a very confused cow to try and capture is carbon emissions, when the cow let the mother of all carbon emissions come out. The smell was so horrific it broke my machine, and it also made me want to die inside. Really, part of me died that day if you ask me. It was then I started wondering about where exactly I had gone wrong in life."

Last edited:
A huge number of storms were predicted by Climate Alarmists this year. My guess is the reason for so few is Almighty God amusing Himself by seeing what kind of dance those cultists do to explain it away.
Amen brother. I agree. These scientists are inaccurate when trying to predict the weather that God has planned out.

A huge number of storms were predicted by Climate Alarmists this year.

Yep, most years, we get hit right around Labor Day with a residual hurricane/tropical storm that ushers in the first great Fall cooling. The hurricanes just ain't there. Who knows, maybe they will be along later this year. I don't like hot weather, but I'd rather it be warmer than cooler.

It is really great having little or no snow to shovel in the winter.

The late great Willard Scott once told me at a pig-roast that any weather predictions beyond 36 hours was just pure speculation/guesswork and you may as well go by the almanac.

At first they did 3-day forecasts, then 5-day, then 7-day, then 10-day.....It was all just a way to get viewers in a crowded local media market like DC.

Hurricanes are a bit different in that regard as they can be watched for a week or better once they form but predicting how many will form in a season is, again, just guess work.

The late great Willard Scott once told me at a pig-roast that any weather predictions beyond 36 hours was just pure speculation/guesswork and you may as well go by the almanac.

At first they did 3-day forecasts, then 5-day, then 7-day, then 10-day.....It was all just a way to get viewers in a crowded local media market like DC.

Hurricanes are a bit different in that regard as they can be watched for a week or better once they form but predicting how many will form in a season is, again, just guess work.
I have seen 14 day forecasts even 18 day forecasts. You cannot predict that far in the future.

Storms have been active on the Pacific side. Atlantic has been impacted by Sahara dust and a heat overlayer. But it appears to be sparking up now.

Forum List

Back